• 618 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3401 Players Online
  • 2783 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Spleef Mode in Mixed Arcade

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OnceSpoken, Mar 18, 2020.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes +1

100.0%
  2. No -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello there.

I was playing Spleef with my buddies on a Creative World, and I thought, "Wow, this would be a great addition for Mixed Arcade." Mixed Arcade currently only has a few game modes, so if we added Spleef, it would make more people play MA, along with attract a new group of members to the server.

In my eyes, the main way it would work is with snow. Every player would spawn with a shovel, and on the top layer of the map. Then, they would have to try to Spleef others to the lower levels until there is one winner. There should be three levels, so if you fall, you still have a chance of winning. The snowballs from the snow would stay as they are, and players would be able to pick them up and throw them at other players. This could help prevent players from staying at the top of the map the whole time. Another version could be with wool and shears. Every player would spawn with shears, and instead of snow it is all wool!

Opinions?

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  2. Personally I see spleef as a stand alone game.
    Mixed arcade seems fine with the 4 games now. Plus I think dragons would be much more suitable to put in mixed arcade. Spleef can sometimes be a lengthy game, depending on how much levels, and how much space the map has.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  3. Yes, I agree it could be popular enough to become its own game, but it would add variation to Mixed Arcade.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 18, 2020
  4. Hello! I wouldn't mind seeing this added into Mixed Arcade. As you said above, there are only a few game modes in Mixed Arcade at this current moment, so adding this would be a great idea. I would personally have to disagree with the concept of it being a stand-alone game mode as there just isn't enough to it, like Dragons for example. This could be a fun game to play when going through all the Mixed Arcade games as it's not so much of a PVP game mode like Gladiators or OITQ and it's more of a relaxing game to me personally at least.

There should be two different kits in my opinion. One kit being called "Fast Digger" or anything. The main concept of this kit is where you'd have a shovel that would generally be able to dig either more blocks, dig faster, or give you more snowballs when digging a block of snow. There should also be a kit called "Snowman" where you'll be given 5-10 snowballs every 10-20 seconds no matter what, digging or not.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  5. This would definitely be a good addition to Bedrock. However, I don’t quite think it fits in the Mixed Arcade rotation and would be better off as a stand alone game.

Personally I enjoy playing aaaa spleef on Java, but I rarely come across it in the rotation, so it would be enjoyable to have a choice to play it on Bedrock. I also like that it differs from the version on Java, as the aspects of the game have somewhat of a variation. Additionally, I’m in also in favor of the game mode featuring wool, as I’ve not yet seen that featuring in any other server. In my opinion kits aren’t necessarily needed, as everyone would spawn with a shovel or shear and that would be the “kit”.

Overall, I do agree that spleef should be added to Bedrock, but I don’t think it should be added to Mixed Arcade.

Posted Mar 18, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 20, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.