• 1196 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1196 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Splitting up Nano Games into seperate games for MPS

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vocaloiid, Jan 21, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good Morning ladies and gents!

Something that most of you have noticed is that Nano Games has the current issue of not being able to be implemented on MPS. However, what if we split it into separate games? Now I don't have current visual representation for this, but it would work in the sense of:

1.) Click "Set Game"
    2.) Click "Nano Games" (Could be represented as an egg). Under the words "Nano Games" would show "Click to access Nano gamemodes (or games)"
    3.) The Nano Games menu would how all the current games in Nano
    4.) Each game would allow a left click option to play regularly or right click option to choose the map for that gamemode.
    5.) Start playing!

If anyone has any suggestions or tips in how to improve this idea, please let me know

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    _TeamCobra_, Satiate and xUmbreon like this.
  2. Overall, this idea seems pretty simple. The Nano Games would be implemented into the player servers, and you would have the option to choose which game to play and a respective map. There isn't much I would suggest to change to the core idea, but rather the game selection process.

If you had a group of friends, I think it would be pretty tedious to keep coming back to the lobby if you chose really short Nano Games like Dropper. However, if there was an option like "Play 4 Nano Games" and "Play 6 Nano Games", and so on, you would be able to continuously play for a selected amount of time, rather than forever. After selecting one of these options, you would be prompted to select which four, six, etc. games you would like to play. It would randomly select an order to play the games you selected, and you wouldn't be forced to go back to the pre-game lobby each time! The only issue I see with this is the level of complexity, development-wise, for an MPS mode, but I'm not a developer so I wouldn't be able to tell you. I would rather other bugs get squashed first before this gets worked on!

Great idea, +1.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  3. I actually think that this is a pretty good idea. I personally don't really play in MPS's that much, but I do love Nano Games and would definitely like to see this added. It could also be good for those who want to try out some of the Nano Games that don't want to have to wait for potentially a long time, just so they can get to the game that they specifically want to play. And with Nano Games's popularity, I think that this would be an update well-liked by most.

The only problem that I potentially see arising is if you're in a MPS with a large amount of people, and you try to play games that would be a bit tedious with large amounts of people. Especially if it were a YouTuber that was recording in their MPS, due to the large amounts of people that would try to play the games, it might cause some problems. That's the only problem I see, though, and it might not even be much of a problem if it were added. I like Satiate's idea of getting to choose whether you want to play 4 Nano Games or 6 Nano Games, and you get to choose which games you like to play, and those games get played in a random order.

I'd imagine it won't take too long to implement, but then again I have no idea how long it takes for games to be implemented in MPS's. It could take a while because of the amount of gamemodes that would be added, but like I said I'm not sure. Anyways, I give this idea +1 and would definitely like to see this added.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Nightcat and Joiined like this.
  4. Hey!

I'm liking this idea and considering the fact that this would be solely for MPS it would be great to choose and play separate games. Maybe to play one game after another, you could just easily use the queue game option so it would kinda be like a normal NANO game lobby minus the instant teleportation into another game. +1

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  5. Sadly the idea has been denied by Sam (Moppletop) as Nano Games is not compatible with mps in it's current form. I'll be locking this now as no discussion is needed for now.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ and Joiined like this.
  6. Hey!

Fortunately, a while ago Nano had an update that included a feature where you can play Nano games in an MPS! Due to this, we will be marking this thread as Implemented. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Posted Oct 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.