• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM 1 life mode

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Dec 19, 2019.

?

Hows the idea?

1. +1

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. +0.5

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. +0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. -1

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. So technically this would be ssm but with 1 life. All the rules are the same and technically there are no other features except that players have +5 hp and -3 seconds on cool downs. This event comes up very once in a while

Posted Dec 19, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 19, 2019
  2. Hey!

I have to say that this is definitely an interesting and unique idea. While I do like it, I'm just worried that the game could get a bit repetitive after a while as a permanent game mode, and after the game has been released for a while, most players will switch back to the original SSM. I think that this type of special game mode would work great as an event game, similar to the Weekend Brawl that was on Mineplex a couple of years ago. I like the idea and it definitely sounds fun; I just think that if it was released permanently, players would migrate back to the original version eventually.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  3. ok thats a good idea. what if it was on every weekend?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 19, 2019
  4. Right now Mineplex doesn't exactly support weekend games, as they removed Weekend Brawl quite a while ago. My advice would be to suggest it as a special, one-off game mode like Christmas Chaos and A51 Raid. While I don't think Mineplex really needs any more event games like this, it doesn't hurt to suggest it.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  5. ok

OP OP
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  6. Hey!
    I see the positives and negatives of this idea. I think some really good things that can come out of this idea being implemented is it can make it kind of a little big harder for older more experienced players. I think with 1 life it really makes you need to play your kit well enough to outlast the others. I think another positive is it then mixes up the feel of the game along with shortening the game. With 1 life the game would be much shorter which is good in some scenarios. I do think their are some negatives though. One big one is considering the SSM community is already split up between solo and teamed it adding this would add a third option which would result in the other two losing some players. I don't think the player base is large enough for that to happen. Therefore I don't think this could work as a permanent game gamemode. Like Crazyy_Tim said this could be a cool idea for maybe a weekend thing or adding it for an event, however I just don't see it being implemented as a permanent gamemode because it would split up the SSM community too much.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  7. Ok certain abilities would literally have no cooldown.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
    Xukuwu and Mitchy like this.
  8. It would come every like 3 months or so

OP OP
  9. Hi there!

I'm not a fan of this idea because the SSM player base isn't really that large to begin with so adding a 3rd option would just make the player count split amongst each other as @Epicbuilder435 stated. Also I think 1 life is way to short, people who mastered there kits will win the game within seconds, people who barely know how to play will also die within 10s maybe, as that the game would just end way to quickly. And for the -3s to cooldowns some kits don't even have a 3 second cooldown to start with so those will not work, also some of the abilities that are like 4-5 seconds will have a 1 or 2 second cooldown which also is just way to quick and people would just spam abilities. Overall I will be giving this idea a -1 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  10. I like it alot it builds up more tension but i disagree with less Hp and ability cooldown

How about this

1 Life SSM

+ With No smash crystal (some smash just guaranties a kill)

+ With normal cooldown (lets stay simple)

+ With full 10 HP (for some kits it would hurt to mutch to go higher than 10 (expecially against good vs average armor vs low armor vs high attack vs HIGH REGEN) Lets stay simple with that too

having 15 HP with a regen of 0.4 would be to mutch lets keep it simple at 10

Good idea I would like to see that 1 Life SSM

Posted Dec 20, 2019
  11. Hello!

I like this idea, however just like stated above me, the SSM community is already currently split between the solo and team game-modes. They are both popular which is why they are still here with us. If one of the modes was not played as much. Then that certain mode would probably go into discussion of whether or not it would be removed or not. If this idea would be implemented as a new game mode for SSM. I feel like the community would have a great split in this new game mode, and the regular solo game mode.

On to the idea, I do see why you would want this type of game mode since it does create a lot more attention and pumps up your adrenaline. However, I could also see the side of the players who would not like this idea because of the main fact. This is only having one life; then you would be out of the game completely. Most players want those extra lives to redeem themselves to win the game overall, Saying all of this, it would definitely split the SSM community without a doubt. However, I feel like there could, in fact, be a solution to make both sides of the community happy. I would not see a problem in adding this idea to MPS's, so that the players who would enjoy this game could still play this game mode. If this mode would be added to events and such. I would have no problem with that either just like stated above me. I would agree with the five health gain, but not the cool downs. I would want the cool down to stay the same. This would give the normal SSM feel besides the health boost which is what feels necessary to me. However also like stated above me, I would not like to see smash crystals in this game mode either. Smash crystals almost always kill another player, This would keep the game going a little longer which is necessary to do.

Overall, I am okay with this idea as long as it is not added to the main game modes themselves. Rather more in events, MPS's, etc. This is to help keep the SSM community somewhat balanced, and makes both sides happy with the outcome. I hope my opinion, and slight modification could help the future of this idea. Stating all of this, I will be giving this idea a +0.

Posted Dec 29, 2019