• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5630 Players Online
  • 2740 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned SSM- Cat

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by kim_crazy, Jan 1, 2020.

?

Thoughts on the kit?

1. It’s purrfect

27.8%
  2. Are you kitten me, NO!

16.7%
  3. Could use some modifiCATions.

55.6%
  1. Cat (6,000 gems)
    Damage- 5 Armor- 4.5. KB- 120%

(Passive) Sworn Enemy- When around a creeper or wolf, receives +1 attack and speed 1
    for 4 seconds

(Skill) (Axe) (7 Second Cooldown) Meow- Right click to activate a sound-wave with a 4x4 area effect that deals 70% kb and 6 damage

(Skill) Nyan Cat (10 Second Cooldown)- Shift to summon a rainbow road, and receive 2 hearts back (If full, turns into absorption that lasts 20 seconds)

(Smash) (Salmon) Eye of the Tiger- Turns into an ocelot. Receive regeneration 1, 6 extra hearts, and cooldown for all abilities are reduced by 2 seconds. (Passive becomes speed 2 and +3 damage when near creeper/wolf/squid). Smash lasts 30 seconds, extra hearts stay until gone.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Shelby and xGetRekted like this.
  2. Hello!

I love the overall overview of this idea. However, as SSM has a ton of kits currently. I would not see another kit being added unless a kit were to get removed or switched out. But who knows maybe a new kit could get added! I would definitely agree with this idea with modifications of course.

To keep it simple, I would first change the name because a cat is not an actual creature in Minecraft it is an Ocelot. So to avoid texture packs this kit would have to be an Ocelot rather than a cat. I thing 6,000 gems for this kit is a good amount, and would be fine with the price. Your damage section given totally fits in with the class and the price, so I wouldn't change any thing there either. I do not understand the Passive ability though. Is there a weapon for this ability, or does it just happen when around a creeper or wolf? Whichever one it really is I still think that more mobs should be added as there are many kits in SSM and these only being two of them. This also means that this certain ability might not even be in a game if nobody chooses those kits. To fix this problem I would suggest some sort of system that once the game starts, and you choose the Ocelot kit. A message would pop up on your screen saying a particular mob would give you this certain ability when nearby that certain kit. I would see a problem here as well. You may be thinking this would create targeting on a larger scale saying that this kit would have an advantage to the other kit during close combat. But as long as the other mob can keep their distance from the Ocelot kit and use their long range abilities I would not see this as a problem here. Moving on, the Meow ability is a great addition to this kit; however, I think the area could be a little bigger since it is very easy to get away from other players fast. I would suggest a 5x5 or a 6x6 area effect to make it a bit bigger. Next up, I would honestly ditch the Neon Cat ability, but not completely. I would suggest that when in an area of the particular mob that allows your passive ability. That it would also give you an extra heart or two. Because we would not have the neon cat ability. I would suggest on adding a long range ability since this kit has no long range actions thus far. You could switch the name of Eye of the Tiger and use this as a long range ability (I am switching names because I would rather see a Neon cat Smash ability, but I will get into that later). This kit could have a sword in which shoots either a type of fish or eyes of ender. With a cool down of 5-10 seconds. Damage wise I would say each time it hits a player it would take a heart or half of a heart. This would fit well in this kit since it would be adding a long range ability to this kit. Now onto the smash ability. As I said, I would rather see a neon cat smash ability since the whole point of your smash ability would to turn it into an ocelot which it already is now. This smash ability could give the ocelot rainbow particles to avoid needing a texture pack. While it could include everything the past one had besides the turning into an ocelot part. I would also suggest that you could shoot different kinds of wool until the smash ability is over through your smash ability item which I would change the slot to wool, but when activated it changes colors while activated.

Overall, I would love to see this be added to SSM, but only if a certain kit was switched out. I wouldn't want to see too many kits as there are already so many. But I really hope my modifications helped this kit, and could be taken into consideration. Anyways, if this kit would be switched out with another kit rather than added and with my modifications, so far, I would give this kit a +1. Thank you for suggesting!

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  3. I like it except for the passive, the passive should be called "outnumbered" more players within your attack radius the higher your attack damage is, this would complement the Meow attack, the smash should boost the passive in terms of the outnumbered one I've offered.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    kim_crazy likes this.
  4. Hello. I definitely like the idea of this, it is well thoughtout. I could see myself buying and using this kit very often. SSM has various kits, but it could use a new one. Overall, this kit could be a great addition to SSM and I’d love to see it there!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    kim_crazy likes this.
  5. Meow has too high of a radius 4*4 is too hard to dodge. The passive needs to be changed as creepers and wolves won't be in every game

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  6. Ok so I want to tackle each of these one at a time.
    The idea overall is clever with abilities, but in a game with 21 kits and has many balancing issues, I think a new kit would just add more for devs to worry about. I'm not a huge fan of an ocelot being a kit since we already have some extremely small kits and this would add to that list. I'm also not a fan of the abilities overall but I'll get to that.

Cat (6,000 gems)
    • Easy enough to earn so not much to talk about here

Damage- 5 Armor- 4.5. KB- 120%
    • I'm assuming you mean 4.5 armor bars and not 4.5 armor points, so that'll be the same as wolf which I like. It'll take the same amount of kb as a wither skeleton which is worrisome for a small kit like this. I feel like better stats would be about 4 armor (same as creeper) and around 165% kb which is only 5% more than wolf.

(Passive) Sworn Enemy- When around a creeper or wolf, receives +1 attack and speed 1
    for 4 seconds
    • I'm not a big fan of this because it's very situational, and will it stack? If it doesn't stack you're going to get 6 attack damage which is around average, but overall this isn't a good passive in my opinion just because it's only good when going against two kits, so it clearly is made to have an advantage over other kits.

(Skill) (Axe) (7 Second Cooldown) Meow- Right click to activate a sound-wave with a 4x4 area effect that deals 70% kb and 6 damage
    • The AoE is way way way too big, the damage is just barely below a bone kick so it's eh, but it's the kb that worries me, it's extremely low. To put it in perspective bone explosion does 150% kb. Even spew bile that stops the opponent does 100% kb, so it may need to be higher unless you want to completely stop the opponent
    (Skill) Nyan Cat (10 Second Cooldown)- Shift to summon a rainbow road, and receive 2 hearts back (If full, turns into absorption that lasts 20 seconds)
    • To begin I'm extremely against the idea of using shift to use an ability, it'd be weird to have it not be a tool. Also most people shift while trying to do specific things in a map or just hanging over an edge. It needs to be a tool. Healing two hearts is a unique idea which I'd like to keep, but summoning a rainbow road is a lot like ice bridge, so I don't know how I'd feel about that, I'd need to know how long it stays and how far it goes.

(Smash) (Salmon) Eye of the Tiger- Turns into an ocelot. Receive regeneration 1, 6 extra hearts, and cooldown for all abilities are reduced by 2 seconds. (Passive becomes speed 2 and +3 damage when near creeper/wolf/squid). Smash lasts 30 seconds, extra hearts stay until gone.
    • #RemoveSmash, ok but onto a serious note, regen 1 should probably be regen 2 or 3. Speed 2 won't do much if since jumping will slow it down so maybe also give it direct jump. And why does the passive also activate near squid now? May need to add onto the amount of time abilities are reduced too because it would be a 8 second recovery and with speed two it may be too easy to fall off and won't be able to recover.
    I think overall can be good just need a lot of balancing and thinking over.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Xukuwu, Hillly and kim_crazy like this.
  7. This radius is actually really small, 2 blocks in front of you and 1 block back (vice versa), and 2 blocks to left and 1 block right (vice versa).

The passive is kind of a little joke, since creepers are scared of cats/ocelots, dogs are obviously a cat’s sworn enemy and cats eat sea animals such as the squid.

As a lack of range attack, I thought up of a new ability.
    (Skill)(Rod)(Cooldown- Developer’s choice) Fisherman’s Best Friend- Acts as a regular rod, upon hit deals 6 damage, 20% Knockback, and summons Fish of Flurry. If the rod misses, Fish of Flurry does not activate.

Should “Meow” be removed if this ability gets add in or do you think the kit is already balanced with all 3 abilities

Thoughts on rework?
    Also, what do you guys think the double jump should be? Similar to wolf/spider? Similar to the other mobs or something completely different.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Jean_Valjean_ likes this.
  8. I like all of the abilities to be honest, nyan bridge thing should be a shovel. I like the kit all in all and it should be added

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  9. I think pounce would be a cool ability where you shift and jump high just like reindeer set it will have long cooldown though.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  10. omg i think thats such a great idea! i love cats uwu

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    kim_crazy likes this.
  11. I like it, but I hope that we will not get hitbox problem.
    Cat has small hitbox,just give it less armour.
    I like idea anyway.

Posted Jan 30, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 30, 2020
    kim_crazy likes this.
  12. Apologies for the late reply. This idea has been denied by GI as they do not think the game needs any more kits and they don't think this new kit would be the best fit for the game.

Not Planned - Denied by GI.

Posted May 3, 2020