• 453 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3032 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Combos

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Nov 11, 2019.

?

Should there be combos in SSM

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Needs Adjustments

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hello everyone! I am here to tell you that SSM should have combos for every kit because using just abilities and passives is just boring, and SSM hasn't been updated in months.

1. Skeleton - Pin Down
    Description:
    Your arrow will bounce off the ground, and it will target the nearest enemy. It can be activated even if the arrow is on the ground. If it hits the player, it will deal 3 damage and give slowness 2 for 2 seconds.
    Cooldown: 10 seconds.
    Directions: Left click (Roped Arrow) --> Hold shift (Roped Arrow) --> Left click (Bone Explosion)

2. Iron Golem - Shockwave
    Description:
    You will summon waves of blocks all around you, and they will summon anywhere on the ground at a 6-block radius. If a wave hits a player, it will deal 4 damage and 140% knockback.
    Cooldown: 12 seconds.
    Description: Right click (Seismic Slam) --> Hold shift (Fissure) --> Right click (Fissure)

3. Spider - Poisoned Web
    Description:
    You webs will additionally give players poison 1 for 2.5 seconds, and the webs will last for an additional 2.5 seconds.
    Cooldown: 15 seconds.
    Description: Right click (Spin Web) --> Tap shift (Needler) --> Use needler at the webs

4. Slime - Ejection
    Description:
    You will launch 8 blocks away, and you will shrink half your size and summon a slime that is half your original size. The slime will only target players, and it will deal 3 damage and 120% knockback. The slime will last for 3 second, or until it's killed.
    Directions: Tap shift (Slime Rocket) --> Hold shift (Slime Rocket) --> Right click (Slime Slam)

5. Squid - Ink Jump
    Description:
    You will launch a bundle of 5 ink sacs backwards and leap 6 blocks forward. Each ink sac will deal 2 damage and give blindness for 2 seconds.
    Directions: Hold shift (Super Squid) --> Hold right click (Super Squid) --> Right click (Ink Shotgun)

6. Creeper - Electric Sulphur
    Description:
    Your sulphur bomb will additionally shock any player it hits. Otherwise, when it hits the ground, it will explode and deal 5 damage and 150% knockback, but it won't damage the map, and the explosion is at a 2-block radius.
    Cooldown: 18 seconds.
    Directions: Activate lightning shield --> Hold shift (Sulphur Bomb) --> Right click (Sulphur Bomb)

7. Enderman - Ender Vanish
    Description:
    You will summon ender particles and become invisible for 3 seconds or until you attack someone.
    DIrections: Tap sneak (Block Toss) --> Hold sneak (Blink) --> Right click (Blink)

8. Snowman - Ice Shield
    Description:
    You will summon a globe of ice at a 3-block diameter, and it will last for 2 seconds. Anyone that is trapped in the shield will receive slowness 1 for 3 seconds and take 2 damage.
    Directions: Right click (Blizzard) --> Hold shift (Ice Bridge) --> Right click (Ice Bridge)

9. Wolf - Wolf Rage
    Description:
    You will receive strength 1 for 2.5 and speed 2 for 4 seconds, but you won't be able to use ravage until the effects are gone.
    Directions: Activate ravage --> Tap sneak (Cub Tackle) --> Tap sneak (Wolf Strike)

10. Magma Cube - Lava Burst
    Description:
    You will shoot a bundle of 8 netherrack blocks, and each one will ignite players for 1.5 seconds and deal 2 damage. Each block will disappear on the ground, and you will take 140% knockback with no damage.
    Directions: Hold sneak (Flame Dash) --> Right click (Flame Dash) --> Hold sneak (Magma Blast) --> Right click (Magma Blast)

11. Witch - Toxic Potion
    Description:
    Your daze potion will aditionally summon green redstone particles and give players poison 2 and nausea 3 for 2 seconds.
    Cooldown: 23 seconds.
    Directions: Right click (Daze Potion) --> Tap sneak (Daze Potion) --> Left click (Daze Potion)

12. Wither Skeleton - Wither Turrent
    Description:
    Your wither image will shoot out wither skulls that deal 3 damage and 130% knockback, but you can use it up to 3 times per cooldown. After 3 times, the wither skeleton will disappear.
    Directions: Right click (Wither Image) --> Hold sneak (Guided Wither Skull) --> Move you mouse to choose the direction --> Left click (Guided Wither Skull)

13. Zombie - Undead Arrow
    Description:
    Your corrupted arrow will summon 5 baby zombies that only target enemy players once it hits the ground. Each baby zombie has 10 health, and they will deal 2 damage and 70% knockback.
    Cooldown: 20 seconds.
    Directions: Tap sneak (Bile Blaster) --> Shoot with your bow --> Hold sneak (Death's Grasp) --> Left click (Death's Grasp)

14. Cow - Milky Herd
    Description:
    Your angry herd will additionally fly at the direction you are looking and summon spirals of firework particles that represent milk for each cow. Each spiral will deal 3 damage and 10% knockback, but it can only deal damage and knockback once.
    Directions: Activate stampede --> Right click (Milk Spiral) --> Tap sneak (Angry Herd) --> Right click (Angry Herd)

15. Skeletal Horse - Bone Splinter
    Description:
    You will throw a piece of bone meal, and when it hits the ground or a player, it will summon an explosion of bones at a 3-block radius. The explosion contains 15 bones, and each bone will deal 2 damage and 120% knockback, but they can only deal damage and knockback once.
    Directions: Right click (Bone Rush) --> Hold sneak (Bone Rush) --> Right click (Bone Kick)

16. Pig - Rotten Bacon
    Description:
    You will throw a bundle of 5 cooked porchops. Each porkchop will deal 1.5 damage and 120% knockback and give players poison 2 for 2 seconds.
    Directions: Right click 3 times (Bouncy Bacon) --> Tap sneak (Bouncy Bacon)

17. Blaze - Fire Run
    Directions:
    You will summon an aura of fire particles and receive speed 2 for 3 seconds. Anyone that is in your aura will be ignited for 3 seconds.
    Directions: Tap sneak (Inferno) --> Hold sneak (Firefly) --> Left click (Firefly)

18. Chicken - Whirlwind
    Directions:
    You will summon a spiral of cloud particles at a 5-block radius. Any player that is in the spiral will be pulled 3 blocks torward you and take 2 damage.
    Directions: Tap sneak (Egg Blaster) --> Hold sneak (Chicken Missile) --> Press space key twice

19. Guardian - Thorn Burst
    Directions:
    You will shoot 8 arrows all around you, and each arrow will deal 2 damage and 110% knockback and give players poison 1 for 2 seconds.
    Cooldown: 12 seconds.
    Directions: Tap sneak (Target laser) --> Hold sneak (Water Splash) --> Left click (Whirlpool Axe)

20. Sheep - Disco Wool
    Description:
    Your wool mine will additionally shoot lasers made of firework particles at random directions. The wool block will randomly change to either red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple. The wool mine will shoot 8 lasers, and each laser will deal 2 damage and 140% knockback.
    Cooldown: 20 seconds.
    Directions: Right click (Wool Mine) --> Use static laser at the wool block.

21. Villager - Resource Fountain
    Description:
    You will summon a fountain of either emeralds, beef, or iron ingots. Each item will deal 2 damage and 80% knockback.
    Cooldown: 25 seconds.
    Directions: Right click (Sonic Hurr) --> Tap sneak (Trade Scatter) --> Right click (Trade Scatter)

It took me about 3 days to make this thread, so if you have any thoughts, then please comment down below.

Posted Nov 11, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 13, 2019
  2. Lots to take in.... I will get back to you in a few hours XD

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  3. Hey!

First off, I just wanted to say that the amount of effort and dedication you put into this thread is incredible, and I really commend you for this idea! Although I'm not completely opposed to the idea of having combinations, I do believe there are issues with it. The biggest one in my opinion, is that this will disrupt the flow of the game. SSM is already a hard game to get really good at, and adding a new element with tons of new variables for each kit all at once can be extremely overwhelming for both new and experienced players. In addition, this will cause more balance issues within the game. As of right now, it is well known that there are kits that are in need for either a buff or a nerf. After looking over each of the combos, a few stick out to me for being a bit overpowered. For example, the Wolf kit right now already output's a ton of damage, which is why I don't believe that adding on that won't help balance the kit out. I feel like it would be much better for the combos to be improving weak points that the kit struggles with. Overall, before adding anything new, making sure all of the kits are as balanced as possible beforehand would be very important!

However, I see a lot of potential with this idea! Without a doubt adding something like this would make for a really fun and exciting update, assuming everything is as balanced and fair as possible. As stated before, keeping the flow of the game is important, and if an idea like this could be implemented whilst keeping the game balanced, I would be totally down for this! I love the creativity you put in this thread, and I look forward to any future ideas! Have a good one! :)

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  4. I made wolf rage even better.
    --- Post updated ---
    I also made Milky Herd, Lava Burst, and Wither Turrent better as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019
  5. God no, this game doesnt need any more cancer mechanics

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  6. But you don't understand. SSM has never been updated in like 10 months, and everyone would enjoy combo moves because then players wouldn't have to just use abilities and passives, as it would cause boredom to SSM.

For example, there is a video game called Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and yes it does involve combo moves, although I don't play it.
    I'm not trying to advertise another video game. I'm trying to provide proof that there is combo moves.

OP OP
  7. haha, no

SSM has been around since 2013, it doesnt need every kit to get an extra move to be interesting

This isn't even mentioning the obvious issues with trying to add these into the game such as the balancing problems with trying to add so many new abilities such as making them mesh with the existing kits, making sure that none feel weak or become OP, avoiding potential 'cheese' combinations of moves that are annoying (or impossible) to get around, making sure all work properly, not to mention the issues with continuing to balance kits now that they all have yet another ability to keep track of and figuring out how to get newer players to understand how to use them, and also the fact that programming this many moves is going to take a lot of DEV time, speaking of which... why exactly do you think it's been so long since the last update?

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  8. Well if the player selected the kit they wanted to use, then they would know how to use it, but they would only be able to read how in the lobby. Then lobby I'm talking about is an SSM lobby.
    Also, can someone please break down the details of each combo move so that I would know what to balance?
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, it has been so long since there is no SSM update because if it updated, then more players would play SSM.

OP OP
  9. Without looking it up, tell me what conditions are required to triple jump, when/how Firefly or Bat Leash can be interrupted, and how Guardians Water Spash works
    --- Post updated ---
    AN update, not THIS update that adds completely new 'combo moves'

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  10. 1. You can only triple jump when you have chicken kit, and the maximum jumps for chicken in the air is 6.
    2. Firefly can only be interrupted by being melee attacked. It can be interrupted because then it would be too overpowered.
    3. Bat Leash cannot be interrupted.
    4. Here is how water splash works: You fly 4 blocks high, and then you will leap at the direction you are looking. When you hit the ground, you will summon water particles at a 3-block radius. Anyone that is in the radius will take 2-5 damage and 50-80% knockback.

OP OP
  11. bruh
    bruh
    bruh
    bruh

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  12. Everything you just said was wrong, how is that even possible...?

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  13. Well it says that when I look at every detail of those kits.

OP OP
  14. [​IMG]

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  15. Triple jump is a mechanic where you can get another double jump by double jumping slightly before hitting the ground.

Firefly can be interrupted by basically any projectile in the game, so I don't get where you get that firefly can only be cancelled by melee attacks.

Bat leash can be interrupted by projectiles that do more than 3 dmg (Not 100% sure, I know it's around that dmg tho) and melee attacks.

The maximum damage water splash can do is 12.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Crash, KarmaCallama and Mitchy like this.
  16. First of all thank you for putting lots of effort into this idea.
    I think this is a good idea but maybe make the cooldown a bit more because they do sound a bit op so maybe all of them to 20-25. I’ll go over this idea
    1. This does give slowness but it is very balanced in my opinion. Even though it does 3 damage and gives slowness II for 2 seconds it is hard to hit a player so this is balanced

2. this is very cool and fits the iron golem style but maybe say +20% knockback because there are kits that have 150% knockback. I think this is balanced.

3. I think you should make the move do 2-4 damage and make the poison go to 2.5 seconds because poison effects jumping and that can kill players so that’s kind of op. This is a bit unbalanced but if you change it is think it’s balanced.

4. I think this is a very cool and balanced move. But how long does it survive or does it survive until it’s killed?

5. I don’t think this is balanced. 4 damage per ink sac is too much. And blindness is op so maybe you can change the damage 1-2 and damage you fly for 5 seconds.

6. I think this is balanced but please provide more detail of what it does.

7. I think this fits the style of an Ender man and is very balanced!

8. I think the shield is fine but maybe make it give slowness I and deal 1-2 damage to anyone who gets trapped in it

9. Wolf already does a lot of damage so maybe change it to strength I for 2.5 seconds and speed I for 4 seconds.

10. I think this is too op. Practically this move could 1 hit a player so maybe change it to 1-2 damage and burns the players for 1.5 seconds.

11. maybe change it the cooldown to 23 because poison II and Nausea III is very op.

12. Again that could 1 hit someone so maybe change it to 1-3 damage

13. This is too op maybe change the damage to 1-2 and deal 70% knockback

14. maybe change it to 2 damage and how many spirals are there? Also change knockback to +10%

15. Again how many bones are there? And change the damage to maybe 1-2 or 1-3

16. I think you should change it from 3 damage to 1.5 damage because all that could 1 hit you and change the cooldown to 15

17.i think this is balanced

18. this is balanced but maybe make it do 1-3 damage to any player in a 5 block radius

19. This is balanced but maybe change it to 2 damage and shoots 4 arrows

20. this is too op and also how many lashers would it shoot? And maybe change the damage to 1-3.

21. If this is balanced or not it depends on how many items will it drop.

overall there could be some bugs and some moves could be reworked I’ll be giving this idea a +0.5

have a nice day!

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  17. Well one time, I was using Blaze kit, and when kept being attacked when trying to use firefly, it gets cancelled.

OP OP
  18. That is an example of a melee attack hitting and cancelling the firefly.
    Just because one thing does something doesn't mean its exclusive to that one thing.
    As an Endermain, I can confirm Block Toss cancels Firefly. I'm 100% sure AoE moves like Seismic and Splash cancel it too. Pretty much anything can stop Firefly.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  19. Tsk tsk tsk, Gavin my friend, comeback to use once you've reached at least 1000 games PLAYED.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  20. I played like 2,000 games, and I'm not lying.
    --- Post updated ---
    Done! Also, Angry Herd shoots out 5 cows, so Milky Herd will do a total 5 spirals.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 13, 2019