• 2081 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10519 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Duels

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Puppet On A String, Nov 17, 2018.

?

Should SSM Duels become a game?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, with some tweaks

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello!

I know this has been suggested before but I'm going to try to give more detail into how this could work.

This uses the standard SSM kits, however, the Creeper, Guardian, Spider, Magma Cube, and maybe the Slime's smash crystal's area of effect would have to be smaller. So that their smash crystal doesn't cover or nearly cover the entire map.

The maps would be smaller, think Desert without it's outside islands. So Desert, if it was made a bit smaller it could work for this gamemode.

The same maps as regular SSM will be used in this gamemode.

Achievements:
    Dueler: Win 100 games of SSM Duels
    Free Kits Forever: Win 50 games with Free Kits
    MLG Pro: Win a game without losing a life
    I don't need a smash crystal: Win a game without the use of a smash crystal.
    Comeback: Win against a player with 3-4 lives, while having one life

Reward: Possibly a Gwen kit. If you want to see me suggest an idea for a Gwen kit just put it in your feedback.

I'm open to feedback and suggestions. :D

Posted Nov 17, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2018
  2. Dear Puppet,
    Honestly Smash Duels would be a fun idea, and I would suggest some ideas to make it better
    1) No Smash Crystals: The reason I say this is because some smash crystals(Such as creeper's or slime's) would be WAY too overpowered.
    2) Achievements: I feel as if that just having one achievement is kind of....boring. To be honest I feel like more achievements should be added on here(A max of at least 5). That way it gives players more of a reason to play.
    3) Improvisation for Smash Crystals: I feel that without smash crystals, the game kind of becomes regular PvP with a twist, but my solution to this is power ups. They would grant you abilities such as: More knockback when using attacks, taking less knockback, strength, etc. I feel that they would only last at the max 10 seconds, and wouldn't make the game too unplayable.

Thanks for reading!

-tbearawsomeman

Posted Nov 17, 2018
  3. This is why I suggest the area of effect to be smaller.
    I have added 5 achievements. There are mostly different from SSM.
    You contradict yourself with this statement and the first statement.

Thank you for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2018
  4. Nah, it'd be better to just full out remove Smash Crystals. SSM GI heavily leans towards doing so as they're aren't balanced (ask @Cabob for more details on that).

I'm not sure decreasing map size is necessary. I play SSM with my brother on my MPS all the time. I see no need for the maps to be smaller.

Um... that's way too small. The style of gameplay the suits that map is not really SSM-ish. I think normal maps would be fine for this idea.

10/10 on the achievement ideas.

Overall, I love this idea. Because SSM games don't take up much room, it'd be fine to introduce another gamemode with no fear of one gamemode detracting players from the other.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 17, 2018
  5. Why? I know they're unbalanced, but why not just balance them?
    Thank you for your feedback! I will change the thread based on your feedback.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2018