• 498 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7690 Players Online
  • 7192 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Map Caves

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Ducksicle, May 11, 2021.

1. If SSM maps with caves are going to remain on the server, please consider patching up the caves. I've already seen a thread about Ardan Forest a couple months back, but I have the same issue with Alpine Ruins and Wasted Lands. The thing about these caves is that it provides an advantage to certain kits such as chicken and magma, two very mobile classes. I understand that "run and regen" will be an issue no matter what map, since it's a personal playstyle, but caves, especially those that open up to areas you cannot reach on land, provide an escape for these kits and make it impossible to win. I always hear that running and regenning is not game stalling because it's a playstyle, but I'm going to have to disagree. If I have been chasing someone for 10+ minutes because they are able to abuse these maps, that is game stalling. They aren't willing to fight. Their intention is to run until we starve or quit the game, and this should be punishable especially because this problem is not possible to solve other than to change the maps or change the kit abilities, which I doubt will happen. So please, either remove/revamp these maps or improve kits.

Posted May 11, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. I mean you can say something similar for so many other things as well. Heights disadvantage iron golem, flat maps disadvantages chicken, circular and larger maps benefit kits like spider and wolf due to their jump abilities.

You will never find a map that is fair for all kits. Learn how to counter it and move on to the next opponent

Posted May 11, 2021
    Xukuwu likes this.
  3. -_- you can't counter something that you can't chase, especially on ardan, alpine, and badlands. It's an endless cycle of running until you starve, and a lot of the time it's just one opponent left. You aren't giving very good advice lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  4. You can though lol. In your cave examples, chase with squid as it's a good counter to chicken using super squid. Chickens using caves is like skeleton using heights and camping. It makes it harder for other classes to reach them but they're using the environment to their advantage.

You may have to develop a strategy to actually counter those strats and after all, isn't that what SSM is all about?

Posted May 11, 2021
    Xukuwu likes this.
  5. Bruh I know what counters are. My complain regarding chickens and caves doesn't have to do with camping where I would be able to super squid and avoid missile and eggs. It has to do with running. Even if you use squid or any other chicken counter including zombie/skeleton, that doesn't mean you are able to chase chickens through caves, under maps, and move all the way across the map. There is absolutely no way to approach them, and I think you would have a better understanding of what I mean if you spectated/watched a video of my description. On top of triple jumps, the only recovery move for squid is super squid and this isn't enough to fly across the map as far as a chicken can go

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  6. I understand your point. I don't think I ran into this very often because I almost never vote for maps with caves, but thinking back on the structure of maps such as badlands, I get why you would be upset.

Actually, I kind of do remember a chicken on that map, because they would go into the cave and run off to one of the sides and just fly up to the surface. Most kits in the game wouldn't be able to go that way, so they'd have to look for an easier way out, which makes them go away from the running chicken. So yes, I do agree that maybe they could make the caves more accessible, or at least harder for a chicken to escape from.

But honestly, that won't solve the problem of running and game stalling. It happens on every map. I find runners all the time. If they only run to regen their health, then fine. But it really irritates me when someone has the sole purpose of stalling the game and wasting time. It makes the game extremely unenjoyable for me, and if I don't think I will be able to kill them anytime soon, then I just leave. Getting one loss is better than wasting 15 minutes chasing someone.

Posted May 18, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  7. I completely agree with this thread. Even though caves can be used to provide cover against ranged kits, people take the opportunity to run and stall. I understand that someone probably doesn't want to engage in a fight while being low on health, but it gets infuriating sometimes, especially when you're used to fast-paced games. Heck, part of the reason I've basically quit the game was because of this issue (other than kit balancing). It sucks to fight a direct fight with.. wolf for example, have the upper hand, then the wolf decides to run a marathon around the map while constantly regenerating health until they take you out purely from cub tackle cheesing. Makes you go from "Wow I'm improving at this game" to "Yeah, never playing this again".

Posted May 19, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.