• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM - Overtime

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by IsWater, Jan 12, 2020.

?

Do you want to see this added?

Poll closed Friday at 8:42 PM.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No (Reply why)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I want to see this added but reworked

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SSM is a 4 player game but it takes 10-15 minutes on average on maps like Miners camp or Amplified.
    And games against experienced campers can take
    Up to 25 minutes! SSM games can go by quick and only take 5-10 minutes but let’s be honest SSM still takes too long

Overtime
    I think that after 10 minutes of SSM, SSM should go into Overtime, In overtime players lose stamina 20% faster.

Stamina
    Basically if you don’t know what stamina is you lose 1 full bar of hunger if you don’t fight for probably 15 seconds meaning it would take you 2 minutes and 30 seconds until you start dying to starvation, on top of that you only take half a heart of damage every 5 seconds when starving meaning it would take another 1 minute and 40 seconds, 3 minutes and 10 seconds total to die once out of your 4 lives, however if you melee hit your enemy even just once you will probably gain 1.5-2.5 hunger making it really no problem if you’re using a kit like skeleton zombie sheep or chicken.

Smash Mode
    10 minutes after Overtime the game goes into Smash Mode where you lose stamina 40% you also do +1 damage. And you don’t regenerate.

Doing this will make it so the game is normal for the first 10 minutes but after that it’ll speed up dramatically, Smash Mode pretty much guarantees the game won’t last more than 25 minutes.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  2. Hey there!
    I totally agree with your idea. First off, everybody is providing complaints that SSM hasn't even had a single update in years, and of course SSM should stand. I also agree because it takes too long in an MPS when it has like 10-20 players.
    +1

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  3. Hey!
    I actually really like this idea! Despite me not playing SSM a lot, I do find the games rather long the majority of the time due to players maybe just sitting in a tree and only attacking once every couple minutes and I think this is a good way to counter that. I think that the first overtime isn't necessarily too hard so it ruins the game, but it's also makes it hard enough where the campers can't just sit there. I personally love the stamina decrease and adding that extra +1 on damage. I think if this is added it can cut down the length of SSM games drastically and therefore could increase the player base. Overall great idea and I would love to see this added in the near future!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  4. I think you should buff the proposed overtime changes. At 10 minutes, +1 damage and 20% faster. Smash mode, +5 damage and 50% faster. 20 minutes and over, to me, is way too long for an SSM game. It should be fast paced and should not encourage camping. I believe the longest SSM game I ever had was 35 minutes where I faced a magma slime who just would not stop running. I was iron golem, so it was quite hard to keep up.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  5. Hey!

I personally don’t play SSM too much myself, but I definitely agree with this and can see the appeal in having it added!

Players tend to draw out games in SSM... more than necessary to say the least. With this added, it would definitely improve the stalling that takes place during games.

As far as the actual statistics of the new addition, I don’t have anything to say because as I don’t play SSM too often I don’t know what is reasonable when it comes to percents and rates.

thanks for suggesting and have a good day!

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  6. Hi there!

I really like this as well! As an SSM player myself it's quite annoying when there's say a wolf or spider who have that special jump and are just running around the map and hitting you every once in a while to get hunger to regen it's quite annoying. Personally I would love to see this added! +1, Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions

Posted Jan 14, 2020