• 252 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4007 Players Online
  • 3755 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Smash Crystals

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by WhyJustY, Aug 17, 2022.

1. I don't mind the Smash Crystals in SSM too much, but I feel like they should be reworked. I think that Smash Crystals should appear more often and Smash abilities should be overall weaker. Some of the abilities should be changed and reworked entirely, like Storm Squid or Night of the Living Dead. I think the concept makes for a good "point of interest", but the Smash abilities are often annoying to fight against and the "point of interest" factor doesn't matter that much if it rarely appears.

Posted Aug 17, 2022
  2. Hey! I 100% agree with you on this. I know that Smash Crystals are quite unpopular (especially among the "pro" community) and I do understand why people think that. I myself, don't really like crystals in their current state as not only are some (a lot of them) are incredibly powerful (or overpowered in some cases) but they're just impossible to counter a lot of the time. I feel like their purpose is good as they prevent games from taking too long but I feel like some of them (squid storm, phoenix, dragon rider, bat form etc) need to be toned down. On the other side, someone them (night of the living dead) should really be buffed as the zombies do almost nothing anyways. I don't have a problem with the concept of crystals but I feel it's just unfair as it gives one player (depending on their kit) a huge advantage. With some thinking/rewordking, I definitely think they could be changed into or replaced by something that can acheive the same goal but in a more balanced manner. However, at the end of the day this is just my opinion and I'd love to see what others have to say.

Posted Aug 17, 2022
  3. As someone who used to play SSM alot in the past, I think even if the crystals were heavily nerfed, having them appear more often would be worse than what we have now. Either just nerf some of the smashes or keep things how they are.
    From the perspective of someone who plays the actual game this is based on, (smash bros) I think having smash crystals the way they are now is perfectly fine and representative of what smash is meant to be, (A fun party game), getting overly competitive about it is no fun, I personally try to get the crystal but dont use it, since if I want to make it a purely skill based game I can, and most "good" players dont even use the crystal, so I think things are fine how they are.

Posted Aug 19, 2022