• 1078 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9463 Players Online
  • 8385 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Tech

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Larial, Feb 25, 2021.

1. I'm starting to get into SSM again and I realize how little information there is out there about tech for mobs. Given that this is a smaller community there isn't a whole lot of informative content creation so I understand that. I know there are certain things about kits known by higher skill players so I created this thread so I myself and others can learn about them. Let's get it going maybe we can get a reply for every kit who knows.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  2. Howdy.

I play a mix of kits depending on the map.

If it's a close-range map, I go with Squid or Spider. With Spider, it's pretty easy to get around due to the type of double jump it gets. It's also pretty easy to hit people with your Spin Web if you can flick really well. Additionally, on small maps, you can secure a kill by knocking people off with your needler if they're close to the edge and you're decent at PVP. With Squid, I like playing it due to the close-range attack, ink shotgun. I like to use Super Squid to either get back on the map, run away from someone, or negate damage in order to get an advantage in PVP fights. I usually use Fish Flurry at my feet if someone's chasing me. I try not to use it much in a long-distance since people can usually just double jump out of it pretty easily.

If it's a long-range map, I usually go with Guardian or Villager. In my opinion, Villager is one of the hardest kits to play, so here's a quick rundown on how I play it: If you're high on health and good at PVP, if the "Attack" type is open, I go with that. You have an okay amount of armor and you can deal a lot of damage. If I have a medium amount of health but still want to get in the fight, I usually use the defensive type. The defensive type offers you a lot of damage with reduced KB and damage. From what I've experienced, it does a lot of damage still. Lastly, if I'm going against a spider or fast kit, I usually go with speedster so that I can try to juke them out and get some hits in. I also use speedster to get away sometimes. With Guardian, I play it as if I'm an iron golem, just with another ability that can deal a lot of damage. I try to use my projectile a lot since it does a lot of damage, as well as bring them towards me. I use the 2nd ability (the one that's similar to seismic slam) with triple jumps to get the most impact. Lastly, I use Target Laser when I have someone trapped so I can get some high-damage hits on them.

Finally, if it's a medium-range map, I usually go with Creeper or one of the kits above. With Creeper, I make sure to hit all of my sulphur bomb hits, as well as save my Explode. You have to make sure that you don't recklessly use Explode because it can put you in a bad position quickly. Keep in mind that while using Explode, you're stuck where you are. However, you can get out of Explode by pressing shift.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps you get some SSM wins.

P.S. Don't let anybody tell you how to play the game, if you're enjoying it and getting wins, keep doing what you're doing.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    maevestarbaby and Larial like this.
  3. dont play wolf and skeleton horse and your set

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  4. you're*

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  5. Enderman Fast Blocking - Clicking the block as you throw it multiplies the block's velocity, making it go faster (can make your blocks go significantly faster)

Cube Magma Blast Redirect - If you are going at a certain velocity, you can change the direction of your magma blast after it has shot out as soon as it shoots (personally don't find it that useful but some people do)

Cube Magma Blast 180 - Using the recoil from Magma Blast as a leap of sorts to start melee combos, the high velocity is very useful for getting first hit.

Cow Milk Spiral - With stampede 3, milk spiraling into the ground at a light angle makes you go extremely fast, usually at the cost of the hitbox since the spiral goes into the ground. You go very fast and take 0 kb during the entire thing, usually good for linear approaching but does use up your main combo move so usefulness is limited but useful since cow is a melee kit and you want to be up close.

Witch Bat Wave Float - If all of your bats die (either by sending them into lava or explode or bone kick), leashing onto them will cause you to float mid-air and take no kb. Could be a mix-up but extremely situational.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    maevestarbaby and Larial like this.
  6. feeling a little targeted

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 25, 2021
  7. Thank you for this contribution I had 0 idea about all except enderman fast blocking
    tyvm long post appreciated

OP OP
    happily likes this.
  8. On a more serious note,

After also just coming back to ssm after about 3-4 years, I've recently just fallen back on my habits of one tricking blaze. Firefly has to be one of the most feast of famine abilities in the game, and guaranteeing that its always a "feast" is probably the name of the game for a blaze player.

There's a variety of ways to hopefully guarantee (or at least stack odds) that your firefly goes through.

1. Triple jumping to sky and firefly downward (offensive)
    - I tend to enjoy this one since I dont feel quite as scummy. Pretty decent for playing vs people who may not have time to react and stack their third jump. pretty good offensively due to the ability to hash out where everyone is while in the air. Enables you to pilot the ability to a high degree and assess both an engage and escape route.
    2. shifting between walls (both)
    - This hasnt worked super great for me in the past, but basically attempting to put a barrier between you and the force attempting to stop the firefly. Hiding behind logs, or walls and then doing a sharp flick to get around the wall. This idea lacks the ability to plan some sort of route for escape, but pretty decent for just going in.
    3. Infamous jumping off the map (god I hate myself)
    - Just jump off the map and zoom zoom.

Don't really have any inferno tech, soooo if someone got anything make sure to let me know.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Larial likes this.
  9. But in seriousness, best thing to do is experiment. Getting games in SSM is quite fast so you dont have to worry about waiting years for a match. Also find a kit that matches your playstyle:

I'm sure more pro players will have better initial on other kits so ill just explain blaze tech:

Blaze is a decent kit but not really recommended for beginners since its very easy to get railed using it. Altho if you have experience with more speed potion pvp it wont be that bad for you.

Its best move (in my opinion) Inferno:

Inferno does a reallllly good amount of damage if you hit all your shots. Its a bit hard to aim and does no kb but its powerful nonetheless. Instead of using it fully, use small increments of it at a time to save your energy. Double jumping while using it is good too cause your able to keep your momentum til you land again. Overall try to use it as much as you can, specially against tanky kits. This kit is probably best used passively but I'm not much of a passive fighter so I just go all in.

Firefly: Another decent move that people heavily overestimate, but still good nonetheless. If not interrupted you have invulnerability to melee attacks for about 2-3 seconds. It might not seem like alot but it does launch you forward a good distance. Really good for recovering since it has low cd. Careful using it mid combat as it can be canceled with in 2 or so seconds of charge up. You can also combo people during firefly if you can control it well since it boosts you forward. As well as its ability to yeet people away if the move hits fully, but that's if they are low HP (players KB is increased the more damage they take).

Now for the kits downfalls: Blaze has no real approach. The best "approach" you have is firefly, but it stops you in place for a few seconds then launches you, making it not suitable for chasing. Speed 1 isn't as good as you'd think it would be in this game due to people being able to double jump, launch themselves forward, dash, etc. It has a fair hitbox too so comboing them is effortless. Against a skilled bow class or a heavily passive range kit, your basically screwed. There's little to no real way to get in close unless your arrow dodging skills are immaculate. Creeper's lightning armour hinders your inferno useless. You also have to hold block to use inferno so your basically wide open when doing so since your speed nulled and inferno does no kb so they can basically ignore your inferno and just bum rush you. Honestly theirs kits that can do what blaze can do but better, best it has is fire damage and running capability (which is highly looked down apon and considered scrubby)

That's about my understanding of the kit, another small thing that is its immune to fire but since the only kit that uses fire is blaze, kinda pointless in my opinion but hey, blaze can counter other blazes. Hope this helps~

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Larial likes this.
  10. the amount of hate those two kits get will make the game not fun and pretty toxic for you unless you dont care tbh.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  11. would you mind helping me with my blaze? because ur probably so much better than me

Posted Feb 25, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 25, 2021
  12. I spent the whole day running as Wolf until the time limit hit, and I can confirm that.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  13. coming from league i'll be fine with the toxicity I really like the horse

OP OP
  14. My limited knowledge of tech:
    Skeleton: Roped Arrow directly beneath you to launch upwards. Works to some extent on sides.

Spider: Should be common knowledge, but with spin web, you can look downwards to spin web someone directly above you.

Slime: Holding block will prevent you from getting your slime rocket XP bar charged, thus allows you to stay small. Works until slime rockets goes off cooldown.

Magma: You can use fireball's recoil to start off some combos.

Creeper: While charging explode, you have a slight frame to double jump slightly towards a direction.

Cow: With Milk Spiral, you can use it to start combos. It doesn't have any iFrames iirc.

Zombie: Death Grasp + Melee can carry you through a round. There's a slight frame before the move ends, so you can melee someone and walk into them during death grasp to still hit them.

Skeletal Horse: Bone rush someone when their recoveries are gone. Bonus points if you're able to kick them during it as well as melee. Does massive KB and a lot of damage. Also try not to get your abilities baited.

Guardian: You can triple jump once, then use one splash, you can then jump again and predict where the opponent will land with the second splash (be cautious while doing this though)

Villager: Against damage kits such as creeper, you can activate Butcher and right when they explode, use Blacksmith to prevent taking more damage.

Chicken: Be unpredictable with flaps. Chicken Missile is your one defense tool. If your opponent finds your rhythm, switch it up.

Sheep: You can wool mine beneath you if you're falling into the void. Explode it to launch upwards. Bonus points if you do this while your opponent is overconfident and falls into the void too at one life.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    1dragoneye likes this.
  15. Sure whenever I go online again

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  16. My very complete knowledge of game:

Skeleton: pew pew

Spider: spacebar go brr

slime: triple jump away from everything while doing way too much damage very easily

iron column: juste trade hits lol

enderman: get an autoclicker to fastblock and u will instantly be an A tier player!

squid: fun kit to play most squid players are very cool

creeper: me braine big yes

wolf: u will need to buy a new keyboard every week because of keyboard smashing

magma cube: coolest kit in the entire game

snowman: spamming blizzard is funny but snowman is pretty bad

wither skeleton: balanced kit, going for insane skull redirects is epic

zombie: pew pew but better

cow: same brain requirement as creeper except u dont have any good ranged abilities

skeletal horse: boring kit but really op and easy to play

pig: funny recovery lol

blaze: second worst kit in the game

chicken: what a joke lol

guardian: hello *0.1s later* oh lol i killed u

sheep: worst kit in the game

villager: we had no idea so we combined all kits and made this thing

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  17. Can we give Artie the Quality Poster tag yet? His posts motivate me to win some games.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Artie likes this.
  18. Posted Mar 10, 2021