• 538 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7726 Players Online
  • 7188 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by ScrompLord, Mar 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. As an SSM lover myself, I’ve been playing for quite some time now. However, recently I have taken a break from Minecraft in general. Rusty as I may be, I’m sweatier than ever! Since the leaderboards got added, I’ve found myself spending increasing amounts of time grinding the game and realizing that some of the strategies other players and I use may not be immediately obvious to newcomers. Hope this helps!

1. Hitting a creeper right as they explode counters their recovery ability.

As you see a creeper freeze in midair, flashing threateningly, wait before hitting the player. If you are able to pull your shots up until the right moment, you will counter-act your opponent’s charge, and send them in the direction of your knockback. This is best done using a ranged kit (Skeleton, Zombie, Enderman, Slime, etc.). Although, even with the right kit, the timing is still very tricky! However, if your able to get this move down, it can be a huge asset that will catch your enemies off guard! Especially if the mob is already in the void, this trick will guarantee a kill that could mean you winning the game.

2. Zombie critical arrows

The zombie, by far is my favorite kit in the game! Not only do the corrupted arrows do astonishing damage (double that of a skeleton's), but the death’s grasp almost instantly recharges after you’ve hit an enemy with it. However, when these two moves are used in series, the mob gains huge combo potential.

As you launch an enemy up into the air with death’s grasp, if you can land a shot on them as they fall back to the map, the damage of your arrow is doubled, again. (4x the damage of a skeleton’s if your keeping track!!!) This can absolutely devastate any mob you may come up against. However, unlike the skeleton’s arrow barrage, the zombie’s corrupted arrow only shoots one arrow at a time. This effectively makes it much harder to aim with.

P.S. You’ll know when you pulled this off when you see particles appear where your arrow impacted your opponent and a cute little zombie saying hello. <3

3. Shooting roped arrow at the ground sends you up

This trick falls strictly to the skeleton kit. In SSM, there are mobs such as the Iron Golem and the Guardian that have high damage abilities relying on their target being as close to the ground as possible. However, the skeleton has the ability to quickly avoid these sticky situations by shooting their roped arrow into the ground, effectively sending the player into the opposite direction. (!You must already be on the ground prior to doing this!)

4. Crouch to not move during bone rush

Despite the skeletal horse being quite a popular kit, personally, I don’t use it. Although I’d have to admit, the mobs bone rush ability has the knockback to catch anyone off guard. Yet its damage and stunning effects, the abilities’ fast pace and short duration can make landing the move difficult. However, players can hold shift to pause their momentum in order to rain painful bones upon their enemies from one direction. This is best used when trying to knock off a mob that is near the edge of the map into the void.

-

PLEASE respond with any other tips/tricks you fellow SSM veterans may have that I did not include in this list! (This is not complete)

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Susie likes this.
  2. Triple jumping, a general tip that applies for all kits. Allows for more mobility and more accessiblilty to higher places. Hard to explain, but you could probably search it up.

Staying in Milk Spiral, allows for devastating comboes as you don’t receive knockback while in it.

Punishing landings, another general tip that can apply for every kit. Though, the best for zombie due to hitboxes and it’s high damage. Simply just shoot a projectile where your opponent will land after a double jump.

Avoid double jumping at an opponent predictably, makes it so opponents can’t punish your landings. Try sprinting jumping towards your opponents and try triple jumping as they may shoot where you’ll land on your first double jump, but you’ll have a second in store to catch them off guard.

Holding block as Slime while Slime Rocket is off cooldown will make it so you don’t gain energy, helps with keeping the user small.

Knockback cancelling, useful for anything really. Also catches opponents off guard as they don’t expect you to move towards them when they just shot you with a Sulfur Bomb. Simply double jump/use recovery ability as the projectile hits you.

Ultimate tip: don’t use smash crystal if you want to be seen as a decent human being.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
    Vocaloiid and SpitefulNick like this.
  3. Spider: You can needle yourself to stop your fall. You just need to aim straight down while going full-speed downwards and you can hit yourself. It can save you about 0.5 seconds on web recharge and possibly save you. If you get hit for insane knockback, you can also use it (if you aim it at the right angle) to stop your flight in one direction.

General: When moving between islands, try falling off the sides then jumping back up to get around. It makes it harder to hit you. It's not easy to pull off and if someone edge-guards well it won't really work, but it's good against newer players. (Just play like space and abuse wall-climb or triple jumps).

Pro tip for only top 10 players 10000% skill 100k win players: Don't use smash crystals.
    Yes.

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  4. My approach is to not use it unless it meets one of the following criteria:

- opponent cheated in some form, eg. hacks or teaming in solo
    - opponent is using an op kit
    - opponent talking way too much smack, use it to show that you don't care what they think

Posted Mar 18, 2019
    ChrisPKStar and xOeuf like this.
  5. Agreeing with players above, smash crystals make you a baddie so don’t use them. As much as they might knock off a few of your opponents’ lives, it’s not fair

Posted Mar 18, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  6. Wolf: Don't use it
    Excellent tip right here

Posted Mar 18, 2019
    Crash, xOeuf, whatsup34 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Very interesting! I've never heard of triple jumping, however, I was able to find an excellent tutorial on it via YouTube.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 18, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 18, 2019
    Johnny Welamton and Susie like this.
  8. How about using a smash crystal just for instant health? Is that okay?

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  9. Smash crystals
    Mess you up unless you know how to use them properly...

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  10. Using smash crystals makes the game much, much easier, if your only goal is to win you can go ahead and use it, if you actually want to improve in this game one of the first steps is to stop using them. It also makes the game and the win feel much less cheap.

As for what was said in the thread, regarding tip 1, slime isn't very effective in gimping creeper after they explode off stage, it can be done but it's much harder due to two reasons- Rocket is blown away by the explosion so the timing is more tricky, you can't have the rocket be in the range of the explosion; and creeper can just SB rocket away even if you get the timing right, you can then try to go for a slam if it's not on cooldown but you have to be in the right range (which you probably won't be if the creeper got there by being hit by rocket earlier and was blasted a mile away). Overall it's way less practical than doing it with the other kits you've mentioned, and almost never happens in game.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
    neropatti likes this.
  11. No, the instant health is essentially another life which could decide whether you’d lose.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  12. I sometimes use zombies smash for insta health when I'm far down on lives(e.g I have one life and my opponent has 3-4) but otherwise I only use smash if someone is hacking, abusing an op kit, or using squid or chicken to run around forever on certain maps.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  13. Nope because it still gives you a huge advantage.
    In the end, though, it's all up to you. Players can choose to use it but in the end others will not like you for it/look down upon you.

It's just fair-play to not use it.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  14. So the best tip I can give out is to play as spider and only run for the whole game, luckily you are the fastest kit in the game and you have the highest manoeuvrability: wall climb makes it impossible to fall, and you can quickly get up to high places where your opponent can't chase you for a while, and when they are getting close you can run away again.

You also have two skills to help with this, spam needler as much as you can and also spin web your opponents when they are chasing you. After spin web you can risk shooting them with needler, but don't go too close, just keep running.

Do this until your opponent rage quits, or until the crystal spawns.

Then web your opponent so they can't take the crystal, you can risk being a bit aggressive here, because you want to take the crystal and use it on your opponent for the 5 permanent extra heart bonus, and also kill your opponent at least once.

Then keep running for the rest of the game.

This is a very good tip.

Posted Mar 19, 2019

15. It's so depressing that a kit like this even exists

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  16. Use your brain

by doing that, you automatically become better than about 70% of the playerbase

Posted Mar 19, 2019
  17. you can hit targets with daze potion for 7 damage (direct hit damage) without actually hitting them with daze potion. pretty sure this is a bug though.

Posted Mar 24, 2019