• 4131 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13759 Players Online
  • 9628 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Stacker Minigame & First Person Spectating

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by glugging, Feb 14, 2020.

?

Do you think these features should be available for all ranks?

1. I think Stacker should be available for all ranks.

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. I think Stacker shouldn't be available for all ranks.

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. I think first person spectating should be available for all ranks.

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  4. I think first person spectating shouldn't be available for all ranks.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey! I suggest you make these two features available for all ranks. Particularly the Stacker Minigame. It isn't like anyone is buying Immortal for these features and it doesn't seem fair to make these features which were available for all ranks, only available for Immortal. The fact Immortal is monthly paid isn't an issue, aside for these little things. I believe making this stuff available for Titan and Eternal would be fine, purely because they are not monthly. I get that it is fine for monthly pay. I am not asking for that to change. In fact, I think that's a great feature for Immortal. I am just asking for these things, which are not really reasons to buy Immortal, to be added to other ranks.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Jaek and _NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  2. Many people seem to express this viewpoint. With so many people expressing it, I am sure that there have been immortals who bought the rank for one or both of these perks. It is also important to note, however, that people may be buying immortal because it has many perks, including these. If these perks were to be made available for non-immortals, they would no longer be incentives that may help convince one to subscribe.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Jocoe like this.
  3. yeah i guess the first person spectating.. but the stacker??? the stacker??? are you serious? the immortals want other ranks to have stakcer so they can ACTUALLY play with other players... like 1 person out of my friendgroup of like 10 has bought immortal and all they want is to play games with us while all of us are like having to morph into bats to fly ( i get this is a good perk for immortal ) and not being able to play stacker with them. stacker was available to turn off so i never understood why it was removed all those years ago anyways. players who dislike it can just turn it off in settings. yeah the first person spactating is probably a good immortal only feature actually..

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 14, 2020
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. I personally think stacker should stay with immortal only. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see regular ranks have it, although this mainly comes down to marketing & exclusivity. Let's be honest here, most people are purchasing immortal due to it being the next "premium" or they want to get the next new thing. Lobby-1 can prove that. As for first person spectating, I agree that all ranks, if not, only Eternal has it. It's not something that I personally use a lot, and isn't exclusive enough for it to fit immortal. For now, immortal is still relatively new, and I'm sure there will be changes coming. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    mab8400, Master_assassin2 and Jocoe like this.
  5. I feel like stacker should remain immortal only. If it was given to every single person, it could cause lag and it may be a bit chaotic. And like mentioned above, the rank ought to have a few exclusive permissions considering it’s a monthly subscription. For that reason, I feel like making stacker exclusive to immortals is the better choice.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing first person spectating available for everyone though. It’s a fun and useful feature, but it isn’t so big of a feature that it would take away from the value of Immortal rank if it were given to everyone.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  6. yeah i didnt think aobut the fact it oculd lag a lot of people out... nice call.. yeah the first person spectating is cool tho

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 14, 2020
  7. Hey!
    I will have to disagree with this idea for one main reason. The main reason I think only Immortal should keep this perk and it shouldn't be open to all kits is where Immortal keeps something the other ranks don't have. Coming from a business point of view if you're hoping to sell something it has to have something better than the other options. While yes, Immortal has other things that the other ranks don't have, I still feel like Immortal needs to have multiple things the other ranks don't have to justify people buying it and paying monthly just to keep it. Overall I can see where you're coming from, however I will have to disagree for that reasoning.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  8. Definitely in agreement here. These were free features that weren't removed for a specific reason, then brought back as a paid feature. Seems kinda scummy in my opinion. If any, we could pitch some ideas for replacements of these perks that are actually brand new features.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    glugging, Mitchy and SpyNinja__ like this.
  9. I feel like Immortal should have a set of perks. You see, Mineplex got you on something, they made two perks something that you really want, they make it so that if you want it you need to pay for it. It's a very strategic business move to get players wanting something that costs money. You can see they did just that. They made you desire a few perks that the top rank has, which leads players to buy Immortal. Mineplex is playing a game of chess and they're very strategic about their moves. They're trying to win the player over to sub to Immortal.

If the two perks were for all players or for lower ranks then Immortal wouldn't sell as much, thus losing money. If you want to run a business like Mineplex you need to think of what non-ranked players want, and they did just that. It's how they make their money.

Anyways, Immortal has to be unique and this is how they do it. We all would do it if we were in their shoes.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    crazygeek516 likes this.
  10. I am really really dissapointed that Mineplex went this route and force you have to pay for POV spectating. When it was bugged and non-ranked players were able to use it; I used it for catching cheaters. Now that the bug is fixed, I can't use this to catch them hacking or breaking the rules without having to pay. That is kind of ridiculous. The stacker I don't care much for but it gets really annoying in the lobby especially when you get kicked for Invalid Movements" . I get that the rank is suppose to have exclusive features, but the POV one should've been kept the entire time and for all players.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  11. I don't believe they would accept that as evidence but perhaps I'm wrong. The First Person feature is a cool exclusive feature that is fir for Immortal.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  12. this is exactly, word for word, what i wanted to say but i didnt know how.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 15, 2020
  13. the problem is, is that you took features that WERE available for all ranks, and made them immortal only, rather than just creating features. :I kind of scummy... these features arent 'new' they are literally exact copies of the old features.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 18, 2020
  14. lmao. mineplex should be creating NEW FEATURES. not rebranding ppc, not replacing old perks which were free, now to cost money. i honestly dont get why this is not an issue. they just took old features which were free and made you pay for them. this is scummy and definately not a 'cool new update'

OP OP
  15. The old features were long gone, they brought it back as an Immortal perk. The features weren't coming back unless it was for Immortal.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  16. doesnt matter how long they were gone, it just matters that mineplex arent adding new features, they are just rebranding old ones which is boring and scummy

p.s: first person spectating was BUGGED so it was removed and FIXED for Immortal only :I

OP OP
  17. I think the FPS should be added to all ranks but stacker should remain Immortal only since it's already annoying that people can pick you up when you're chilling and have anti-velocity on. Furthermore; I think there should be an option to turn stacking off for all ranks or only Immortals (kind of like anti-velocity) since what's the point in not being able to be pushed around but you can be picked up and flown off of the edge.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  18. Hello,
    For stacker, I personally think it is fine as it is now being exclusive to Immortal. If all ranks got this, it would be rather chaotic in lobbies, and then we would have to address whether or not players should have the option to toggle off stacker in /prefs, and it would just cause more harm than good in my opinion. As for first person spectating, I am in agreement to add this back to all ranks. While both stacker and first person spectating were both once features accessible to all ranks, the way in which first person went out was much different than stacker. If I recall correctly, stacker had issues with titles and was thought to be permanently gone long ago, so that is understandable to be Immortal only in my eyes. However, based on what I witnessed when first person spectating was removed around a year ago or so, it was thought to be a bug. Again, I am not 100% sure if it was ever confirmed to be removed solely as a bugged feature or not, but it just really doesn't feel right to me that something as simple as an alternative mode of spectating a game is put as an exclusive subscription feature. Overall, I personally think that stacker is fine where it is, while first person spectating should be applied to all players once again. Thank you for voicing your opinion here, and have a nice day!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Jaek and ShutUpMyChild :) like this.
  19. I think stacker is fine if it remains for immortals only because it's a cool feature that requires people to be immortal to use it. However, I honestly really dislike how mineplex removed first person spectating unless you buy a rank because it was never like that before. I always used first person spectating whenever I died and wanted to watch my friends play while having another tab open instead of having to follow them. The fact that they removed this from all other players just to make it exclusive for immortals is a bit pathetic because they couldn't just think of another idea (not being mean here but... I speak facts)

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Jaek likes this.
  20. This used to be a thing, not sure why it isn't added back. Stacker was removed because of a bug (afaik) and adding it back as a subscription perk is basically selling a bug fix, which I'm not a fan of and I know a lot of other people aren't either. Apart from the current bug (That you can get people kicked with stacker) stacker should be a game that everyone can use (and disable) as that's what it was originally, it was one of the things that made people enjoy the time in lobby waiting to find their game, there's nothing in the lobby for regular players to enjoy whilst they're waiting.

For first-person spectating, I don't think anyone thinks adding it to everyone is a bad idea, I think them giving it to immortals only is a bit scummy in my opinion

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Jaek likes this.