• 1275 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3854 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Staff List

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Knazamn, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Hey!

Yes, this is about Mineplex's Staff List. I've been thinking about this for a while.

I think, you should have tabs under where it says Staff Team in the section of the Staff Team. There should be 3 tabs: Java, Bedrock, and Cross-Platform. Cross-Platform staff will be in all 3 tabs, though. If you are specifically a Java or Bedrock staff member, then you will get put into your certain tab.

Instead of making it where you instantly go into Java, Bedrock, or Cross-Platform, you should go up to a screen that says 'Java Staff' 'Bedrock Staff' and 'Cross-Platform Staff' . You can click on either one, but when you click it, you can go through the tabs under the Staff Team.

You might be wondering, is each gonna be different?
    I would say, partially.
    For Java: There should be the word 'JAVA' big on the left side of the screen, where there is the Mineplex Logo, Bow, Sword, and Pickaxe.
    For Bedrock: On the right side, there should be a picture of a Bedrock Block, where there is the Mineplex Logo, Bow, Sword, and Pickaxe.
    For Cross-Platform: On the left side, there should be the 'JAVA' word, big on the left side. On the right side, there should be a picture of a Bedrock Block. You would put these, like I said above, where there is the Mineplex Logo, Bow, Sword, and Pickaxe.

How would this benefit the website?
    Say, you only play Bedrock. You need to contact a Bedrock Staff Member. Then, you can just flip to the bedrock tab, and send the staff member you are contacting a message. So instead, you don't have to be searching around, looking for a bedrock staff in the pile of Mods.

What do you think?

Posted Sep 29, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 29, 2019
    Im_Ken, TooMuchXMas4You and _Prof_ like this.
  2. Hey there!

I think this idea is great, but I don't really think it's necessary for website development time right now. Personally, I think there are things that should be worked on like more individual game leaderboards and wall post feed rather than making 3 subcategories to the staff list. My reasoning for this is because bedrock staff has it's own special tag, so you could find out that way if someone is bedrock staff or not. Also, a cross-platform category wouldn't really be useful since there is very little staff that do both platforms, so when someone does get staff on both, it will most likely be known.

Overall, I like the idea but I don't think it's necessary right now. Have a good day!

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    jxcb and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  3. I think this will definitely save people lots of time plowing around the staff list to find one on their platform. Let say someone has a question about Mob Arena, they would have to contact a Bedrock staff because that game does not exist on Java. Your idea tackles that problem very effectively.

There is actually a public document showing the hierarchy of Staff Management right here. I am not sure if this is anywhere on the website but it is very handy. If there is a public document list, this one should be on there.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 29, 2019
  4. Heyo!

I agree with you on the first part. There should definitely be multiple sections, but I don't see why the cross platform would be needed. Sure, it would be nice, however it's not really needed - especially if they're going to be on all of the lists (this probably would also confuse a lot of players if they're on all 3). I like the logo ideas as well, but they should probably call include separate things.

I don't really agree with you on tbe second part. This isn't really needed, and if you just ask I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you. It would help when trying to get in contact with their mentor if they have done something wrong, but I think it's just better to ask. I'm not opposed to it being added though.

Overall, I'll leave this at a +0.5 now since I don't fully agree with all of the suggestions here, but I wouldn't mind anyway. Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Oh, thank you!
    That means, you have to go plowing through profiles of every staff member until you find one bedrock staff member.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey!

I like this idea. Adding different parts of the staff list would help the community when they need to find someone or just need help with something or anything particular to staff. It makes things more organized too which is always a good thing. I agree with @TooMuchXMas4You that the cross platform section shouldn't be added in. It would be better if it just had the Java and Bedrock sections. If someone were to be staff on Java and Bedrock, then they would be in both sections. It is true what @landay said, the bedrock staff do have a tag but it still would take a little to actually find a bedrock staff member. If this were added it would fix that problem.

Some people are saying that this isn't really needed currently, which I guess is true. It isn't a necessary thing to have added but it helps a lot of people who don't know much staff or need help with something specific. So I would guess this is one of those ideas that could be added whenever the developers have time to add this. I also think that for the sections, it should still have "Owners:", "Mods", etc., before showing the people who actually have that role. Overall, I like this idea and it wouldn't hurt anything to be added. I understand that it isn't needed right now but it would help a lot of people. I give this a +1. Thank you for suggesting this idea!

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    _Prof_ and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  7. The idea to have some form of bedrock/java indicative tag or whatever is already going to happen to the staff page in the future btw, but we are still looking for ways it can be separated/shown for each platform on the page. You can see so here.

To the OP:
    We more than likely won't add a cross-platform section because sometimes there's not a single staff member that has java and bedrock tags, which would then only end up having java QA/Recruitment/Admin+ on the page, which are kinda cross-platform, but won't 100% fully know bedrock or java things like an actual cross-platformer would and we also don't want them getting spammed as there aren't many of them.

Posted Oct 1, 2019
  8. Hey!
    I definitely think that this idea has potential. I feel that having separate tabs depending on the area of the server you're looking for could indeed be beneficial when seeking help of a staff member. I'm going to break up my advice into the three tabs that you've suggested.

First the Java tab. I feel that this could be beneficial since many Mineplex players, upwards of 3k a day, play on the Java side of the server. This would mean that many Java players come to the forums to seek out staff when they are in need of help. I feel that a Java tab on the staff page could really help these players decipher between Java and Bedrock staff.

Next up being the Bedrock tab. Again, Bedrock is a popular platform, normally having the largest chunk of Mineplex's player base. I agree that Bedrock staff should have their own tab on the staff page since it is important to be able to contact the correct area of staff.

As for the cross platform tab, I don't feel that this is necessary. The majority of staff are on one team of the other, and I feel that just having them show up on both tabs would be easier than them having their own. This way people know that they can be contacted whether they have a Java or a Bedrock question without the web developers having to put the extra time on this.

Overall, I think this idea has a lot of potential and I would love to see some sort of arrangement where you could distinguish between Java and Bedrock staff. Thank you for submitting this idea, it's a +1 from me!

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Hey!

I like your idea, it organizes everything nicely and makes it easier for players who play on one platform to contact staff for their platform. I would prefer this system, as it is beneficial to both player bases.

I feel like adding a category for Bedrock and Java would be great. As I said, it would be beneficial to both player bases. But the cross-platform section is unnecessary. The cross-platform staff is anyways going to appear on both of the categories, but in what circumstance would you need to contact a cross-platform staff member? I doubt you will need to contact a cross-platform staff member often if not at all, so I wouldn't see this feature as necessary.

Anyways, I like your idea! +1

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  10. I actually like this idea of creating some form of organization in terms of identifying specifically who is Java and who is Bedrock and creating the separation in a sense rather than having to navigate through the list until you find a member you're looking for. Separating both Java and Bedrock staff members would create that easier sense of navigation for when you're trying to find who you're looking for.

As others stated, I don't think the cross-platform is 100% necessary, just the Java and Bedrock section. Cross-platform could also potentially contradict separating both Java and Bedrock in the first place as you'd probably only need one or the other (Java or Bedrock) either way. Overall, I like the idea of implementing a separate Java and Bedrock section. +1

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Heyo!

I really like this idea! It allows for players to be able to quickly determine if a staff member is Java or Bedrock-oriented without needing to click onto their profile to see their tags once one the staff page. However, I do disagree with adding a cross-platform section. From what I am able to tell, there is not a reason why you would need to contact a staff member that works on both platforms. I think that just having the Bedrock and Java section would be good! The only people that would end up on the cross-platform page would be mainly QA, Recruitment, Staff Management, and a few other staff members. Though, due to the fact that the majority of staff members are either Java or Bedrock, I think that having two separate pages, with cross-platform staff appearing on both, would be the best solution and a great idea to be implemented!

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  12. Organize the staff list at https://www.mineplex.com/staff will clear up some confusion to some players, especially telling who's staff on which platforms. I'd rather find one or more staff members who're either in Java or Bedrock or on their cross-platforms. We know we have some regular staff on cross-platform that have lots of responsibility to deal with. Members who are part of the Staff Management and Mentoring Assistance will likely find them on the cross-platform section. They'd be likely to mentor the Java and Bedrock staff members at the same time. Some Sr.Mod members who're also on the cross-platform staff such as Quality Assurance, and Recruitments team. The admins' team will likely be on the cross-platform section too.

If I imagined becoming a cross-platform staff on Mineplex, I want to aim for Mentoring Assistance as my future goal. I don't want to become a Bedrock staff member by applying for Trainee because I'd go through my two months trial.

Overall, I think this idea is helpful to some of these community members on the forums. +1

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. I completely agree with separately the Java staff team and the Bedrock staff team on the Staff List page. I'm honestly not sure why it wasn't done when we switched to the new website. It's much more convenient for our players to be able to locate which staff members are more likely to be able to help them. Personally, I receive quite a few messages from players frequently asking me about Bedrock things and I don't always know the answer since that's not the server I play most. It would be easier to direct players to a Bedrock section on the Staff List so they can get the help that they need. I also agree with Marzie that a cross-platform section isn't really needed. It's more important that players know who is staff and where than who is staff on both platforms.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
  14. Hey!
    Yeah, I do agree that the current staff list is quite confusing. I also agree that they should add separate tabs, to stop confusion and tidy the list up. However, I disagree with the cross-platform tab. This is something that is unnecessary, as players can find the staff in both tabs, instead of one. Personally, I think the cross-platform tab is not needed at this time, and could potentially be added in the future?
    For now, I am going to give this a +0.5, due to the fact I am with this idea, but disagree with one thing.

Have a good day,
    - Wand

Posted Oct 6, 2019
  15. Heeyy!
    Yea, I agree with you on the first part or so but then that's where we kind of disagree. Having different parts for the staff team would be absolutely amazing! However, as @TooMuchXMas4You stated above I kind of agree with him on this one. I agree with the first part on your post, but don't really see why the infomation in the first part would be cross-platform. It would be helpful, but does the playerbase of Mineplex really need all of this? However, this is just my input on this post.. I'll give it a +0.45
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 6, 2019