• 642 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9080 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Staff Section Improvement

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by January34, May 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. So I look at the staff section a lot on the forums and I've been thinking. I think the staff section should include which staff members are apart of the Bedrock team. My idea suggests that when selecting the staff list there will be two tabs at the top which reads Java and Bedrock. Selecting the Bedrock tab will show a list of bedrock staff and their current rank on Mineplex. For builders either they can have their own tab or they can be listed on the Java or Bedrock tab like the other staff members. Who knows maybe a category section could be included where you can choose which staff is apart of what sub-team as well.

(Also for those that do agree with the idea but don’t wish to comment +1 as they don’t want to receive a Warning Point for Post boosting please leave a like to show that you do support this idea. When it’ll come to if the community thinks it’s a good idea likes mean that you support this forum post just without leaving you’re opinion on the subject.)

Posted May 23, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 26, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Hmm I like what you're getting at. One of my concerns would be that there's a ton of overlap from the different Senior Mod teams. Maybe a spin on the idea could be colored borders? We could add a small border around the profile picture of everyone listed at mineplex.com/staff. One color, say red, could mean they moderate the Java server, and another color, say blue, could signify that moderator is on the Bedrock server. This would only be helpful for the Moderators and Trainees, as many Senior Moderators often work with both platforms.

Again I like the idea but I'm not sure that much separation is needed, we're all one big family after all!

Posted May 23, 2019
    Yato, cerns, Joiined and 1 other person like this.
  3. I don't think there's that much overlap. I think the only Sr. Mod teams that overlap onto both platforms are Quality Assurance and Recruitment.

I think this is a great idea! I think this would be helpful for many Bedrock players who are not very familiar with the server and the website and need help from a Bedrock staff member. On the current staff list they would have no way of knowing who is a Java staff member and who is a Bedrock staff member. In the mean time you can check out my Bedrock staff list to see who is on the Bedrock staff team.

Posted May 23, 2019
  4. I think that this would be a great idea. It would be super convenient to just see who's on Bedrock and who's on Java without having to physically click on their individual profiles. Apart from where Sr. Mod teams cross-platform (like QA and Recruitment) I think that there should be a differentiation on the staff page. There is an unofficial guide that was posted, but I'd like for there to be a part on the staff page where you can see who's on which platform.

Overall, +1 to this idea! I think it would be really convenient to have.

Posted May 23, 2019
  5. Overall, I think that this is a good idea and it is nice to make it easy to see and specify who does which job on which platform. I have personally seen the Staff List quite a lot and I know it's quite large, a concern would be how large and difficult it might make identifying each section, you can imagine different Bedrock staff members taking up lots of room too.

I don't believe this is possible due to limitations and restriction of certain modules, but Wandy may be able to carry this out, I'm not sure. I can say borders would be difficult to make.​

Posted May 23, 2019
  6. I see that a lot of staff enjoys this idea lol.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019
  7. Greetings!

As a Bedrock staff member myself, I'd really like to see a way to filter the staff directory by platform. Bedrock's staff team is actually quite small, which can make it an extremely tedious process to find a staff member for Mineplex's popular cross-platform network.

I've actually had an idea building off of yours I've wanted to bring up for a while now: Different Staff tags for staff of different networks. It would be great to have Java and Bedrock versions of the Trainee through Senior Moderator tags so we could better familiarize ourselves with staff members' specific roles more quickly. Additionally, I'd like to see less emphasis on Bedrock being the only staff with a dedicated designation tag, and see cross platform staff receiving more notable differentiating tags.

These are simply my insights, however, and I'd really like to see the ideas your putting forward on your thread implemented. If you'd like it to be taken under further consideration, I'd recommend submitting an entry at Mineplex's Feature Upvote page.

Best of luck getting this implemented, and keep the ideas coming!

Posted May 24, 2019
  8. A change in the listing to include Bedrock staff will be considered. Thank you all for your feedback and ideas!

Posted May 24, 2019
  9. Bump!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  10. Adding onto what Dulc said,
    I like the idea, it can be a bit frustrating scrolling through the staff page and not knowing which staff member is Java or Bedrock. the team is predominantly java, so there aren't as many Bedrock staff on the team as there is Java. Like Dulc said, we are one big family and potentially adding a visual to help distinguish the Bedrock from Java staff would be very helpful

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  11. This would have its problems, however, I really love the idea. This would make it a lot easier to find who you are looking for. +1 for this idea, I hope it gets added man.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  12. Good idea. Nice to see that it is being considered by Wanderer. It would overall reduce confusion in the player base when trying to contact staff members from different platforms. +1.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  13. Heyo!

I believe this idea would be helpful for players trying to identify staff on a specific side of the network. I have seen lots of ideas generally covering this idea and I believe it would be a great addition to the forums.

Thanks for the suggestion, +1!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  14. Ba da Bump!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2019
  15. I certainly wouldn't mind an addition or change to the staff list. Simply putting a Bedrock section of the staff section dissociates the Java staff members from the Bedrock staff members and in terms of reporting rule breakers or occasions that are happening on the forums, knowing who to message in what situation is great as it tells you in detail on who you should contact. I think this is a great idea and I love it a lot.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  16. I feel this would be a great addition. This way, if a Mineplex Bedrock player were to report a rule breaker, or message a question, they would know which staff members are for their platform and that way they could message the right person without having to go to each staff members page to see if they are a Bedrock Staff member or not. I think this is a superb idea and I give it a +1!.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  17. Honestly, I'd say that it's a fantastic idea to make changes on the staff page! Players can easily to figure out which staff members are in Java or Bedrock platform. I agree with Dul's suggestion about the color border. The Java staff side will be red and Bedrock staff side will be blue. Personally, I'd say that it's beneficial to the newer players as well.

Overall, I'll agree with everything that you have! +1

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  18. Herro!

I do agree, having bedrock sections to the staff list would be cool and a helpful change for the forums! Personally I don't know how much it would help me and other long time players, however I can certainly see it helping with newer players who don't know who to go to for help! Not sure about how borders would work out if we used that solution but any colors would be fine with me :)

Overall, +1!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  19. As many others have stated above, I am also a big fan of this idea. I would love to see a Bedrock section on the staff list as it would be easier for players to see which platform each staff member is a part of. If the need arises for a player to contact a Bedrock staff member, it would be much easier with the platforms being indicated rather than clicking on every profile to see if they are part of the Bedrock staff team. Overall, I would love to see this added and I'm glad that Wanderer is taking this into account!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  20. Hiya,

I actually really like the direction your idea points towards. In my opinion however, I think instead of there being two different categories, or tabs as you said, I would agree with Dul and what she said earlier about the colored borders. Because as she also stated there is some overlap with the Sr. Mod teams so it could get confusing and it could possibly throw both categories into a glitched out mess lol. I love the idea though, have a great day!

Posted Jun 25, 2019