• 1582 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5288 Players Online
  • 3706 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

/Stats Update Idea

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Looof, Jan 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I really think that the /stats command is in need of a QoL update.

The first thing I'd like to propose is the merging of team and solo wins while hovering over the item in the /stats GUI. As of now, if a player types /stats and hovers over a game, lets say CakeWars, the win counter would only display the CW4 wins as shown here.
    [​IMG]

I would like to be able to see my CW2 wins and games played as added into the count whilst hovering over the Cake item.

Here are my stats:
    [​IMG]

I currently have 539 CW4 wins out of 733 games played and 93 CW2 wins out of 148 games played. If my idea were implemented, my stats while hovering over the cake would show as 632 wins out of 881 games played. I like the way that the CakeWars stats are displayed in detail, and don't want this to be changed, but I think merging the CW4 and CW2 wins and games played shown while hovering on the cake would be a better alternative then only having one mode show up. This idea encompasses other games such as Skywars, Survival Games, SSM, and Champions.

Another thing I'd like to see is the games that are most likely not coming back removed from the /stats GUI. I think that having them appear is pointless, and I do understand that some people want to keep them since they have all achievements in that game, but they should not show up on the main page. I wouldn't mind seeing them moved to a second page in the /stats command titled "Removed Games" though. A "Next Page" option could show up on the bottom right of the /stats GUI similar to the one shown in the Immortal Skin Changer GUI:
    [​IMG]

This would help reduce clutter and would visually enhance the GUI in my opinion.

Please let me know any thoughts you may have, negative or positive.
    Thanks

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  2. yes looof all my homies love looof +1 +10

the idea itself is cool, I'd like for my wins in both modes to be counted as an allin one.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    shihanna, tricorder and Looof like this.
  3. Yes, I agree with all of those

For your second idea, I think that similarly to the Arcade Games button, there should be a "Removed Games" button or something like that where Wizards, Skyfall, etcetc are in there.

I would also like to suggest something myself - a tinier QoL change but please change the Arcade Games icon from a bow to a note block, to make it the same item as it shows in the compass. That is all I ask for.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    mab8400 and Looof like this.
  4. Yea, for the second idea the way it would ideally be displayed is just as you described

For your other idea I 1000% agree I didn’t even notice that it was a bow, the note block fits much better.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2021
    maevestarbaby and jacvb like this.
  5. I'm pretty sure there was an idea somewhere a few months back where they proposed a complete revamping of the stats GUI and provided screenshots on what it would look like, but I can't find the thread now. I think that the merging of solo/team games when hovering over the icon would be ideal considering right now, when you hover over a game, it doesn't really reflect someone's "skill" from it. I know a ton of people that play team games rather than solos, like SSM for example. If someone has 700 wins on solos SSM but over 2,000 on teams, then to me it isn't really fair that it doesn't show 2,700 initially. I know that all someone would have to do is click the game in order to see the full stats, but I think it would be a relatively easy (though I don't know much about coding) update to do. Like OP said, the detailed stats would still remain split, it would just be the initial hovering that would change. Below, I've attached a visual of what it looks like now and what it would look alike afterwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see in the example I created, when hovering over the Cake Wars icon, it shows my total wins in both standard and duos as well as my games played for both (compare in the screenshot below).
    [​IMG]

I think this would be a nice QoL change on the server and contribute to making the stats GUI nicer. As for moving discontinued/seasonal games onto a different page, I also agree on that. I can work on a potential visual of what it would look like if that were to happen as well. Overall, I think this could be easily done by production and hope it gets implemented.

EDIT: Because some people I was talking to didn't understand clearly, the separate stats for games will still show separately upon clicking a game icon, the idea is just to change the wins/games played when you hover over a game icon to show your total wins and games played.

Posted Jan 23, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 23, 2021
    rilau, whalker, unsorrowful and 2 others like this.
  6. Hey Looof!

I consider Cakewars as my main game and the QoL idea you've come up with is something I would love to see! It's very minor however I would still like to see the current layout shown currently in /stats but as you said just adding all the games played and won together. That way, you're still able to look at the specific details of each mode while showing your total wins/games played before clicking on the cake icon. Overall, I really love your idea! +1 thank you! <3

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Looof likes this.
  7. Yo Looof (all my homies love Looof)!

CW is probably my most played game on Mineplex save for Clans, and this idea seems generally great for both CW and any other game which splits the modes. Overall, I agree!

Regards
    Isaac

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Looof likes this.
  8. I agree with your ideas except the removal of removed game stats. I do think stats for games not currently live could be merged, like the arcade games are, but these shouldn't be removed. Numerous players, including myself, have grinded stats for removed games such as CS, and removing these stats from the /stats GUI would erase the ability to see a significant portion of these players' stats in-game. Personally, my CS are a point of pride, the same way others are proud of reaching milestones in CW, SG, SSM, and other games, so I would never want these to be made inaccessible through /stats.

+1 to merging solos and duos wins, and to putting removed game stats under a "Removed Games" or "Other Games" menu like arcade games, but -1 to removing them entirely.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    rmotheram and SALB like this.
  9. Later on in the thread, OP stated that there could be a “next page” option for discontinued games rather than deletion; however, regardless, (speaking for him since I talked about it with OP outside of this thread) I mentioned merging the discontinued games stats into an icon like mixed arcade and he agreed with it. I’ll be making a visual later today to show what I imagine it could look like.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    Looof and Fusafez like this.