• 2016 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4595 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Sticky profile posts

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Vocaloiid, Sep 30, 2018.

1. I believe there should be a way to "sticky" or "pin" a profile post on xenforo. Maybe some people just like making introductions for people who come to their wall. Hopefully it could be possible to do.

Posted Sep 30, 2018
    Ocelotguyy, Crash, Sickle and 6 others like this.
  2. I agree this tool was very convenient on Enjin and would also like to see it on Xenforo too.

Posted Oct 2, 2018
    Sickle likes this.
  3. I'd honestly love to see this come back, it was extremely useful on Enjin. I would also like to see "disable comments" on certain posts. Whereas here you customize your preference on who can comment and who can see your page, even though Enjin had the same thing you were able to disable comments on your wall posts.

Posted Oct 3, 2018
  4. Lots of old Enjin features were highly appreciated by the community, pinned posts being one of those.

Though from what I heard before, profiles still need a revamp, considering they’re missing a few things listed here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/general-website-info-4-public-beta.2369/

Maybe it will come soon - hopefully, along with more fixes (like why are img bb code links no longer working on profiles? ;-; rip)

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    millenium200 and Vocaloiid like this.
  5. I completely agree and I'm for this, there would be no issues with this and it's really helpful to make a 'Pinned Post' for your wall, I'd also possibly like to see a change in the way notifications to when people you follow make a post, so it's easier to see it.​

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle likes this.
  6. I know that a large majority of the forums community would love to be able to use this feature again. I think that it's really useful and lots of people - including myself, would defiantly use it as it can be very useful and informative for anyone visiting your profile.​

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle likes this.
  7. It may or may not be possible to do. Xenforo is less like a microblog than Enjin is. On Xenforo it's more geared to you putting your sole focus on forum and discussion itself, and have little to no attention to your wall. It varies vastly from Enjin which would like you to customize your wall in certain ways.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle likes this.
  8. I definitely agree with this. Like on Enjin, it makes your profile much more personalized and is a great way as an introduction for people visiting your profile. Also, like Oscaros_ said above it would be nice to receive notifications in a way where they're easier to see, sort of in a pop up way like on Enjin instead of having to load a new page.​

Posted Oct 11, 2018
  9. Across multiple XenForo forums, I've seen this highly requested multiple times, yet never actually have seen it done. I'm aware there's limitations with XenForo, but am not completely sure what they are, so this may not be possible (not completely sure). If it is possible, this would be extremely useful to have and would be appreciated but quite a decent bit of the community as others have mentioned. It would be great if someone experienced with XenForo could comment on the possibility of this first.

Posted Oct 11, 2018
    millenium200 likes this.
  10. This would be lit

Posted Oct 11, 2018
  11. I loved pinned posts too. It was like an introduction, but better because you could add images and formatting to make it flashy. Mineplex is still working on the website, so we won't get it right now, but that's probably a considered feature.

Posted Oct 12, 2018
  12. Gonna drop by here and say this is definitely not something for the neat future. There's still unfinished stuff on the basic profile as well as some other pages which we need to deal with first. but I won't say that this isn't something worth considering once all of that is dealt with.

Posted Nov 12, 2018
  13. Hi there!

It's been some time since the last post, and I apologize about that. However, with this I bring good news! Soon, we are planning an update to an update to the forums. With this, walls will be getting some cool new updates, too. Inside of that, you can expect to see pinned posts. Though there is not an ETA, I'm happy to say that this has been processed. If you have any more questions, feel free to send me a PM! If you have any more ideas for profile walls, feel free to post them here! Any other feedback? Send in a new thread!

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    Crash likes this.