• 259 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6074 Players Online
  • 5815 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Stop Complaining About Mineplex's Issues!!!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Kugzer, Jun 5, 2021.

1. isn't Nvidia GeForce like RTX shades or something

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  2. GeForce is a lineup of video cards from nvidia, you're thinking of GeForce RTX cards (2000 series and up, so 2060 2070 2080 3060 3070 3080 3090 etc)
    They were talking about a program that nvidia made that takes advantage of their GPUs

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  3. The responsibility of getting players back does not fall to the players themselves. The decisions leadership- and, in some cases, other parties, like administrators or developers- has made have caused Mineplex's current state. It's not a result of player toxicity, or lack of reports, or lack of content creation by smaller creators. That's not to say you can't improve the way you act, but like I said, not the players' fault and certainly not the responsibility of them to try and ease the downward spiral. Additionally, all the methods you listed would simply be futile. File more reports if you like; RP will be clogged up, and the hacker you reported will be on a new alt in seconds. Make more videos and reach a whopping total of 10 people (all of whom already play on Mineplex). Be on your best behavior and foster an environment of positivity; it will be drowned out by the poor experiences of players due to the aforementioned choices.

With that being said, complaining is about the most useful thing you can do as a consumer to make sure the company is understanding your point of view. Are "Mineplex is dying" threads original, fun to read, or intellectually stimulating? Nope. But I prefer someone make a thread like that than write some braindead, post-boosting nonsense.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  4. You can't expect for anyone to just be willing to record and spend their time posting and uploading the video to YouTube then posting it on forums just to report hackers. Also the argument "if you dont like ___ then go change it" is flawed. No, if I don't like something about Mineplex, and it's to a high degree, time to play another server. Which is why MP died in the first place: too many issues and not enough games that appeal to a bigger demographic..... and I'm saying this as someone who solely plays Mineplex.. but you're only saying old news. Also the reason hackers are a really annoying issue is because of GWEN being bad. Most hackers have alt gens so even banning them doesn't really stop them (especially when the mods are, understandably so, kind of slow to punish) so we need something that prevents the majority of hacks to work (however hard that may be) to actually do something... overall this post is flawed, although yes if there was a bigger community (like they used the mineplex official youtube channel again) that would help it's current state, not to mention the changing staff over this summer.

Also... although I agree people who trash on Mineplex arent helping it improve, you cant really just tell people to 'stop leaving hate on mineplex!1! people already know it has issues1!' if people were to stop posting about their issues there would be less pressure to actually change those issues. cant control everyone either.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
    Lyrixio, Jet Starglaze and Paladise like this.
  5. There are a lot of issues, ut hopefully soon this much reporting won't be necessary because there are some new devs coming =D

Constructive criticism. Most helpful form of feedback.

Posted Jun 7, 2021
  6. Of course it isn't the players' fault that the server has problems, but all I was trying to say is that complaining about it while not doing anything yourself doesn't really do anything. They shouldn't be responsible for anything but enjoying the game, but I'd like it if people contribute to the problems that they don't like in any which way they can rather than complaining and not contributing.

All the methods I mentioned were imaginary and never gonna be true. If RP was clogged up I bet the staff would be appreciated more for "always being at work" or something similar. The whole thing with hacking and getting new accounts is all dependable on what you want to do. Do you want to leave the game and let the hacker be or do you want to report them although you know they'll be on another account soon? Either choice is fine, but again this is all in an imaginary world where everyone reports everything and will never be a reality.

For content creation, I disagree with what you said about little to no views/engagement. High quality videos, mostly how-to's or walkthroughs, would be shared by players who maybe want to teach their friends how they too can learn a game. I believe that kind of content would work out great and when it gets to a certain point, Mineplex would need more names from other servers to promote the server by making videos playing or learning a game. Hopefully soon we can see these types of videos from people and see how it works out. It'll all depend on quality and strategy.

Like I said in the thread, they know for a fact that they have their players complaining on a regular basis, but can only work so much on it due to the lack of quantity in the leadership team. They can't work any faster or slower, and won't attempt to because more people keep complaining.

You're right, I don't expect for anyone to go out of their way to report hackers, however, if you're gonna complain about the hackers and don't want to do anything about it, then unfortunately things are gonna stay the same. I don't support the "if you don't like ___ then go change it" argument, and that's not what I was trying to say. What I was trying to say was if you don't like a certain issue and don't do anything to change it, you shouldn't go and complain about it. And like you said if you don't like the way that goes, it's time to play another server.

At the end of the day the choice is yours, do you ignore the hacker or go out of your way to ban them? Either way, you shouldn't be complaining about it because Mineplex knows about this problem. I didn't mean to suggest reporting every single hacker you come across because obviously they usually have unlimited accounts. Everyone knows that this will always be a problem.

I disagree, to me there seems to be no pressure in the first place. Like I said to respond to another reply, the leadership team knows that people complain on a regular basis about the same things, but they can't work any faster or slower on fixing the problems and updating the server. If nobody complained then the leadership would still be the same, working consistently on updates and improvements.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2021
  7. Complaints are the only contribution that consumers are obligated to make. If Mineplex wants to think of itself as a company first and a community second, that is how that works.

These kinds of videos aren't popular in the Minecraft YouTube space. They would never get views unless a significant portion of the community all made them. Challenge videos are, though.

You claim to not support the "If you don't like __, go change __" argument, yet, you employed it here. That is exactly what you're suggesting people do.

Even if everyone DID report every hacker in every game, this would not solve the problem of hackers. Because they have alts. Because you need a productive anti-cheat to be identify them quicker. Because Mojang has trouble with account security. And so on. So once again, this is not something the community can affect on any considerable scale.

Leaders could absolutely work faster on updates tbh. If they can't, not my problem. Do not care. Not my job as a consumer to care what happens behind the scenes and accept excuse after excuse as to why an update they promised years ago still hasn't arrived.

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  8. Clearly going to be repeating what class said here but here I go anyway.

Why do you expect the players, the customers that the company wants to keep around, to go and help it with it's personal issues while it's literally anything but their business? Why should the community members be the one who are tasked with dealing with the obvious flaws that mineplex has? The state that mineplex is in is anyone but community's fault. The reason why players complain and rant about the server is not because of the lack of updates, poor management or any of those reasons. It's because that mineplex as a company has made themselves a name. That name has stuck with the server for several years now, it's how people recognise the server and they know if it's good or bad. Unfortunately, in mineplex's case, over the several years of constant drama, censorship and other things that had befallen on the server, I wouldn't say they made necessarily the best name out in the minecraft multiplayer server hierarchy, especially in the last few years. The way I see mineplex at is a barrel's end with no way getting out. Mineplex simply won't ever return to it's old roots, that's beyond reality and basically fantasy dreams now. While at the same time it's unlikely the server will actually die (bedrock side will definitely live on for years to come, alongside the marketplace), that doesn't mean that there's no room for improvements. There's still so much potential that mineplex has, but it's unfortunately being overshadowed by the obvious flaws that we can see on daily basis. Again, the community cannot be blamed for this either, nor the volunteer staff can. Neither of the two mentioned parties lead the server nor have any significant say in it's decision or approaches towards the future.

In reality if we're being totally honest, there's still so many dedicated players to the server. Unfortunately, these players mostly stick only for the memories that they made over their life span on the server. Myself is a good example. I stopped playing actively on the server in early 2021, a few months after I had resigned from mod on the server. After playing since 2014, that means 7 years of playing on the server, I have genuinely never felt less motivated to even log on the server than what I do nowadays. We've been also seeing minimal amount of changes actually being done to the server. With 0 major updates this year (I'm not counting bugfixes since those things should be given, recycled seasonal updates cause it's pretty obvious, or the disguise from january since that was a perk that was initially meant to be available 6 months prior.) and only map updates being the only source of updates the server has been seeing, and with us being already halfway through 2021, I don't think there's really anything that should keep new players attracted to the server. We've been promised several new updates this year, with none of them becoming a reality so far. The server has also seen huge reduce in development, with us technically having 0 front end developers, the updates are basically impossible to be even published at this rate.

There's many other issues, with some of them having potential workarounds and others being basically something we have to accept and deal with in the current state of the server. While I admit I myself wouldn't know what to do if I were at the LT position, I'm certain there's definitely so much things the owners and leaders could do to somehow try and improve the current situation. One possible attempt was fixing the dev issue by hiring new developers. The community was told about this so we were on track, but so far nothing has happened. It's still something which I cannot decline, but I think we all would appreciate if there was more transparency between LT and the community.

I'm not necessarily trying to achieve anything with this post, and I know I have been shifting from one topic to another in this entire thing, but my overall thought still stands. Hope you enjoyed reading through whatever this paragraph even is.

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  9. Theskipping around doesn't matter, i o ly read the first paragraph, but I'm sure agree with the sentiment.

Posted Jun 8, 2021
  10. I understand that companies would want this and use it as honest feedback and use it as a tool to improve. However, with the amount of complaints and lack of transparency between leadership as well as having very little new updates, it seems as if Mineplex doesn't even consider the complaints. I'm sure they care and know about the complaints but that's not gonna change them from working at the pace they're currently working at.

Again, I still disagree but it's only a matter of time where we see who's right or wrong once someone makes these kinds of videos.

I shouldn't have mentioned banning blatant hackers on alts because that took a wrong turn with this whole thread and in the end is pretty stupid, so I apologize and shouldn't have tried making my point through this. I meant to say people should report things like more potential closet cheaters, cross teamers, solo teamers, map/bug exploiting, and other situations that can actually be solved unlike blatant hacking with unlimited alts. Also, you said I'm suggesting people to do the "If you don't like ___, go change ___". All I'm saying is that you need to learn to deal with things you can't fix rather than complain about it because like I said earlier, either way Mineplex will be working at the same rate.

I heard that AlexTheCoder was going through interviews trying to hire new devs, but I don't know much about it. He seems to be the only one that does most of the behind the scenes work and that's why it's moving slow. It's not your problem to try to fix something that you didn't cause. However, I think working with the community and staff to help with these issues would be beneficial to the network overall, but I think you should either do this or learn to deal with the issues.

I don't expect the players to help, but I think it would be beneficial to help. If you don't want to help, not a problem. You just shouldn't be complaining unless you're a brand new player that doesn't know anything about the server. If you complain as an older player you should know by now that the whole community and staff know about these problems and that complaining won't get work done faster or be used as critical feedback.

I expressed a lot on the thread I linked in the beginning of this thread that transparency between LT and the community would make the community so much more happy. It would keep them motivated to play, but maybe they aren't doing that because with so few people working behind the scenes they can't really promise much.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2021
  11. People won't stop complaining until something is fixed.

Posted Jun 16, 2021
    Kugzer, Ducksicle and Lyrixio like this.
  12. I think you really misunderstand how capitalism, a "company" (let's go with that), or the way how the world keeps spinning works. The players are there to play, the developers and other specialized people do whatever they do. That's why we go to school, have these variety of jobs. That is how it works. I don't think the community could/should do something about it (if they do not want to).

TL;DR: I am not obligated to solve *your* problem, and vice versa. You can't blame the players in any way (including complaining about the issue; which is needed for pressure to be built on companies).

Posted Jun 16, 2021
  13. I didnt read all the replies, so sorry if I say something that's already been mentioned. Just reinforces their point, I guess

I do agree with some of the things. There is a lot of threads complaining, and I feel like we are ignored a lot of the time, but I still think that we can complain if we want.

But it should be respectful and accompanied by constructive criticism. Until Mineplex actually gets fixed, people are going to continue to complain. Sometimes it's immature, but sometimes it's also good because people actually have solutions that they include in their post.

Also, if Mineplex had been able to sort out these problems already, then there would be less people complaining. So that's on Mineplex for not getting their stuff organized sooner and having a weak leadership. If it is well thought out instead of an immature rant, complaints help companies realize their weak spots and work to improve. Sure, we do have to be patient, but Mineplex also needs to listen and hurry up. We have waited a long time for glitches to be fixed and games to be updated. My favorite game hasn't seen an update in 3 years, but it's coming "soon." We can't be patient forever, is the point I'm trying to make.

A lot of people aren't going to adjust, they're just going to leave. I've tried adjusting and being patient, but then I decided I'd be better off if I played something else, even though Mineplex was my favorite server.

These are good suggestions, but unfortunately Mineplex also needs to pull their own weight in resolving them. Last time I went on, I did make sure to have my screen recorder up just in case, but a lot of people on the server are small kids that probably don't know how to use a screen recorder. Or other people don't have a good PC to be able to record. Also getting friends to log on probably isn't gonna do much to Mineplex's player count, a lot of people's friends are regulars here anyways. Also one more thing, about the recording. A lot of us don't recording gaming videos because putting in a good quality video takes too much time and effort. Most of us who do have youtube channels are only small youtubers with a few subscribers, not many people outside the Mineplex community are going to be interested in watching them. Mineplex should do a partnership with a bigger minecraft youtuber and get them to come on the server to increase publicity. Mineplex needs to do stuff for themselves. There's only so much regular players can do. We can get three friends to come online for a couple hours or get eight views on a youtube video of SSM. That's not gonna help. Mineplex is the one that needs to be responsible for these changes.

I don't want this post to sound too negative, so I'll end it by saying the future of Mineplex seems a little brighter with the summer update coming and the interviewing of the new devs. I know that the current mods and devs are working hard and putting part of their lives aside for this, and I am not blaming them for anything. I appreciate them for what they do. But we still lack the leadership that is coming from higher up the chain of command, and I believe that is the root of most of the server's problems.

Posted Jun 16, 2021
    Lyrixio and BreezeBlockss like this.
  14. No. They can do better, and until they start to, ima complain about it.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  15. I quite enjoyed reading this thread as it gives off a positive, constructive vibe and gives an idea of how we should deal with certain problems on the network.
    I personally do not think it's necessarily a bad thing if someone makes a thread about the fact that they had a bad experience or that they were experiencing an issue on the network. However, it is very important that the thread in question is created with respect, a certain tone and of course some ideas on how the issue can be solved and how the problem can be dealt with. I think that creating threads like these promotes constructive discussion on the forums and that some of the problems can actually be fixed if they are brought up the right way with the appropriate suggestion on how those problems should be dealt with.
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading the suggestions on how to solve these problems that you presented, and I really hope that you inspired some people to deal with certain problems the right way. [I am talking about the 'adjusting to the current environment part of the thread if unclear].
    This line is golden and should be read carefully. Dealing with the rule-breakers on the network shouldn't be put solely on the staff members, and the whole community should work together towards getting the rule-breakers appropriately punished. I believe that a positive environment for everyone can be achieved if all of the players treated other users with respect and dignity, and reported those who don't in order to have them punished accordingly.
    This is 100% true, though many people seem to not understand it. It has been confirmed that the leadership team are working hard to hire new developers and think of interesting updates for the community.

I consider this to be a very thankful, humble thread, and I commend you for taking the time to write it and express your opinion in a positive way that spreads awareness in the community. Great work on writing this thread.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    Kugzer and Lyrixio like this.
  16. Hey the way I feel is if you donated money to the server by buying ranks and extra items and what not, It is your right to complain about issues on the server, its not right to harp on the same issue over and over.

Thank You
    Now have a good day

Thorndog out

Posted Jun 18, 2021
  17. Maybe if they'd stop muting people for having normal opinions, people would come back. Just a thought.

Posted Jun 18, 2021
    Kugzer and StyxKiller03 like this.
  18. Not blaming the players, and I agree that you don't need to do anything if you don't want. Of course it's beneficial, but all up to you.

I agree and changed my initial views on this. I won't call it complaining, but I'll call it negative feedback. Negative feedback is useful for the person giving the feedback so they can become aware of what's the solution or ongoing case for whatever they're giving feedback about. However, I still disagree that Mineplex will use this negative feedback as tools to use when updating the server.

I still stand strong on my statement that tutorial/walkthrough and gameplay example videos would be successful on YouTube if done right. Regarding recording, I shouldn't have said what I said in this part of the thread. I get it that blatant hackers have unlimited accounts and it doesn't really do anything to record and report them. The players have no requirement to record, I just think it's a great suggestion for clipping closet cheaters or other types of rule breakers that doesn't include blatant hacking or spamming. Again, this is a children's game. Young audiences should not have to worry about anything but playing their game, but I still believe to get the best experience out of this server is by recording and reporting any potential closet cheaters/rule breakers because if successful it can go a long way. This all depends on the situation, of course.

Thanks for your response and understanding compliments, again I agree that feedback is necessary for the new users to be aware of what's going on around here. We have to work as a community to better ourselves and each other in this stupid little block game lol

I agree in one way, but my point is I don't think complaining spreads awareness to the leadership team that they have ongoing problems that must be fixed. Have a great day as well my guy

I've heard of this stuff happen before but I've never experienced it myself. Hopefully it stops idk but everything will always have their way of "corruption" and unfairness and there really isn't much you can do unless you have clear evidence that a certain member is being biased and abusive.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2021
    MARKTHENUB™ likes this.
  19. Spitting fax

Posted Jul 8, 2021
  20. I didn’t read this entire message bc your *** is jealous of the **** coming out of your mouth, but just reading the first part complaining is a good thing it helps you find problems and fix them I’m open to criticism bc it helps me improve. You on the other hand are going no where if you ignore criticism or whine whenever you see it you aren’t helping anything you need to see what the community wants and act on that

Posted Jul 8, 2021