• 2582 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10559 Players Online
  • 7977 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Stop moving people to hunters unless one or zero people hunt

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SummerIsFun2, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Example: There are 23 hiders and 1 hunter? You would move 1 more person to make the game fair
    2nd Example: 24 hiders, no hunters. You would then move 2 players to hunters instead of ending the game.

In my opinion when a hunter leaves, sometimes I don't think a hider should be moved to hunters unless the two examples happen.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  2. I'm not exactly sure what the idea is here. Are you suggesting we move less players to the hunter team? Or that we allow games with very few hunters to continue? I'd love to comment but I'm just unsure.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  3. No I'm suggesting that BH hunter ratio should be decreased so that this result happens as said in the beginning of the post.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 18, 2020
  4. I personally disagree with this idea. Currently, people are moved if there are less than 4 hunters. However, if we apply your idea there could be a ratio of 2 hunters to 22 hiders which would make the game unfair for the hunters.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  5. I think that a better solution would be to make it so that other people who were queued for Hunters would be the first to get moved.

Currently, a lot of people do not realize that they are queued for Hunters (due to selecting a hunter kit once dead setting your default kit). This is the main problem causing people to quit. Fixing this (perhaps by making default kit only changeable in the lobby) would solve the issue almost entirely.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  6. I agree. This is probably the best solution. I personally have encountered the issue many times before but usually managed to switch teams in the lobby in time but not all players will notice this and just quit so if this is implemented it'll probably solve most cases of this issue.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  7. Even though you are my favorite BH pal, I would have to disagree with you this time... I think the ratio of hunters is pretty balanced. Hunters usually have it much harder than the hiders do depending on which map is being played. I find that hiding is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than hunting. If anything, hunting needs to be buffed in some way so that hiding is not so easy.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  8. Excellent point; I frequently see players complaining "why am i always hunter!" because they don't realize the mechanics of picking a hunter kit which sets them to that team at a default.

Posted Feb 19, 2020