• 336 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 336 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Strafing and w tapping at the same time.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by xd Sigma, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Hey mineplex, so I've been kind of frustrated lately on my lack of being able to combo other people. What usually happens is, I go in for a fight, strafing to the right or left to get out of my opponents line of sight, and get the first hit. Somehow, they are able to flick around and start trading hits with me. Even if I do start to combo them with w tapping, I somehow always get within their reach and then they are able to start trading hits with me. I have the timing down for w tapping (or so I think), but am still not able to combo others.

Posted Jun 24, 2021
  2. I'm editing the whole thing I wrote before because I just realized you are on Bedrock, not Java.

I play on bedrock sometimes and I have a lot more trouble with PVP than I do in Java. I use the same computer for both, so that's not the issue. The issue is that Bedrock acts completely differently during PVP. The knockback is very messed up, making it harder to do combos against other competent win10 players. so yes, it does just turn into hit trading unless you're clicking extremely fast or you're strafing and the person has really bad aim. So win10 players going against each other on bedrock kind of evens out the fight and whoever has the better gear will usually win. It sucks, but that's just how it is. This issue is not specific to Mineplex because it happens on other servers I've played on such as Hive and Lifeboat.

Posted Jun 24, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 24, 2021
  3. Minecraft PVP is a really tricky thing to talk about and so many factors can cause players to play the way that they shouldn't be able to and there are many things you can do in order to improve your PVP skill and match other players.

Here are some of the factors that affect Minecraft PVP heavily:
    - Users' internet connection; the higher the ping someone has the more delayed their hits and knockback will be.
    - Clicks per second; the faster you click the more hits will register when you fight a player.
    - WTAP; which is tapping your W key in order to reset your sprint after every hit; the first hit against a player will always deal more knockback so if you manage to reset your sprint whilst hitting a player more of your hits will deal more significant knockback, same as the first one.

I'm not sure how Bedrock Minecraft works, however, I highly suggest improving your clicking speed in order to get more hits and longer combos in a fight.

Posted Jun 24, 2021
  4. i just hold w and hit with 6cps. it works fine for me

Posted Jun 24, 2021