• 746 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5565 Players Online
  • 4819 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Suggestion: Border in UHC

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Koxuh, Sep 25, 2020.

1. I would like to start off by saying that the current border in UHC, once it's red, moving, and activated, pretty much instantly kills a person (it deals 5 hearts a second or something close to that) and if you have been playing the remastered UHC, you've definitely been one-shot by the border at least once or twice.
    The border deals tons of damage to prevent game stalling, and I completely understand that, however, I feel like this is not the right way to deal with game stalling and that it deals too much damage to be considered balanced and fair.
    I've been thinking about a solution for this for quite a while now, and I think that I've finally figured out a decent way to fix the border and nerf it.

Solution:

Before the border reaches 1x1, it will deal one heart of damage for every second that you spend outside of it. (nobody likes to get instantly killed by the border, and since the damage is not too extreme, you will have time to get back inside the border in case you've been pushed outside of it whist fighting).
    After the border reaches its final size, which is 1x1, it will be impossible to be pushed outside of it, whilst every single player alive will lose two hearts every second (making it fair difficult to spam-eat golden apples/heads) until one person/one team remains alive. (I think that this is a fair solution to game stalling, which doesn't include water glitching people outside of the border, and prevents luck-based wins which happen fairly often since the border instantly kills a person, making 2v1s a lot easier than they should be.

An alternative solution is to keep the area 16x16 (that would be the border's final size) and to start dealing two hearts every second if the game hasn't ended for a few minutes after the border has reached 16x16 (giving alive players a few minutes to fight, but also preventing game stalling).
    This solution would bring way more fun to final fights, and there would be (mostly) no unexciting endings and game caused deaths.

Pushing people outside of the border is arguably a strategy, but it's way too unfair and way too luck based to remain in the game, at least in my opinion.
    What's yours?

Posted Sep 25, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 26, 2020
    allegient™ and spookyanika like this.
  2. I do understand that that getting killed by the border is very annoying at times, Though I feel they made it like that for a reason, If you get pushed out and get dealt 1 heart every second that's 4 less damage. Huge difference, it would be easy to just spam golden apples tbh. I feel the strategy's the Creators want you to use is the high ground. high ground and positioning is always your best friend.

I feel there should be a limit to where the zone gets to. stops at the 50 minute mark and you get 10 mins in a deathmatch arena. That's me though lol. Majority of the people i feel don't want a deathmatch.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  3. There have been numerous times where I've seen people get pushed in the border with 16 golden apples and 6 golden heads (for example) and die instantly to a person that had around 2 golden apples themselves only.
    I feel like it's fair to be able to eat all of your healing since, at the end of the day, you've worked for it and earned it.
    I understand your points, however, if you have been playing UHC at all, you've seen that the border deals enormous amounts of damage in very short amounts of time, and the fact it does kind of takes all of the fun in it away, instead of getting exciting 2v2s and such in finals, we get people dying in 1.5 seconds in the border.
    I hope you understand my point, and I would agree that perhaps 2 hearts in the border instead of 1 would be a decent compromise. Thanks for replying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2020
    KwSWaveS likes this.
  4. i mean i guess after reading it again i do get your point, i hope they change it because i think more people will actually like that

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Koxuh likes this.