• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Suggestion: Ideas to make Basher a kit worth using

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Vaati, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Hi there! As a lot of you Death Tag players know, both Archer Kit and Traitor Kit are the two most used kits, the latter being the most popular.
    A couple days ago, I was thinking about how some peeps think "nerf this" and "nerf that", which in my opinion is a bad mentality (don't @ me). What if instead of just nerfs happening in Death Tag, we got buffs for a kit that never gets touched: Basher Kit. Here are some ideas I have for Basher Kit -

- Apply Blindness when you hit a Chaser
    Now this would be a good selling point, you could probably even add a cool down on it to make it more fair if it wasn't fair.

- Gain a Speed Buff when you hit a Chaser
    I could see this idea here being great for those who love to juke Chasers, and I know quite a few peeps that have this play style.

- Keeping the Slowness on hit, but adding knock back
    It's not just the fact that you can't hit other runners that makes Basher Kit a very "eh" kit, it's also the fact that they don't get any knock back. Maybe adding knockback, the same amount Traitor Kit gets, would make it a much more desirable kit to use.

Again, these are just small ideas. If you have any ideas, please comment below! And I accept criticism too. :P

Good game peeps. Woot.

EDIT: I should have clarified that these are multiple options and not just one

Posted Sep 30, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 30, 2019
    Animalll and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  2. Heyo!

I honestly like the mentality of buffing the kits, as opposed to nerfing them (since in my opinion Traitor and Archer are pretty okay). However, I don't really agree with any of your points made within this thread - let me explain.

Blindess. This would probably be one of the most unfair abilities for Basher to have, and think about it this way. Blindness by itself is already really overpowered, but not to mention it also automatically makes it so you aren't able to run. Depending on which map you play, this could honestly be really overpowered and unfair. Even if there was a cool down, I don't think this would be a viable option for a buff.

Speed. I only partially agree with you on this one, but if you're getting speed on hit then it will be really easy to just run away (especially if you're adding the blindness as well). Not only that, Speed is already an effect given to the runners at the start, so this probably wouldn't even help that much. Maybe making it like block hunt so you have speed for a short amount of time, but have a cooldown of 15-30 seconds? Just a suggestion.

Knockback. Do you mean this as dealing as much knockback to a Chaser as a Basher kit, and giving them slowness? On a lot of maps, this would be really overpowered and unfair. If this is not the case, then I still wouldn't want to see this changed eitherway.

If all 3 of these are supposed to be applied together, this would make the game really broken. I'm not sure if you're giving multiple options or not, but if not then I don't really see the point in this, as it would not be fair for the Chasers, since this is also the default one I believe

With maybe a few changes to this idea, it could possibly be bumped up to an achievement kit (as all of these ideas seem really overpowered, but I still wouldn't want to see this happen). Great ideas however, but I'll be leaving this at a -1. Good night!

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  3. Yeah, it's multiple options (I should have clarified that!)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 30, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  4. Only applying the knock back is the best method to go about improving the kit. Backing up a block or two and being slowed is enough to escape a chaser. The addition of blindness and speed buff makes the kit overpowered. Since hunger does not deplete, you could just keep running, hit them once, get speed, and then widen the gap between the chaser.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 30, 2019