• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4924 Players Online
  • 4924 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Summer Time and Innovation

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hznter, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Hey Everyone!

With Summer only a few months away I was wondering what everyone would like to see from the server maybe to try to get more players to join or new things for current players to do. We are aware of the hacking issue and the staff team is working hard to try to make the server a better place but I would like to see creative, never said before ideas and am intrigued by what the community can come up with. Let me know with a reply!

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Nightys likes this.
  2. new game on bedrock

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  3. SSM update, SSM update, did I say SSM update yet? And the big new game that's coming

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    PineapplePepsi and maevestarbaby like this.
  4. something new, and to post something on the official mineplex youtube channel

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. +1 I think social media advertisement can really help the server

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  6. iirc there’s no access to that channel anymore. It should probably stop being advertised. Marketing is lacking, in my opinion Twitter should be used for this rather than only posting marketplace skin updates and open applications etc - there’s a lot of small things that people can come up with to at least try branch out more but it doesn’t seem to be happening.

As for the thread, there’s definitely a lot of things planned and whichever of these plans will be finalised and released I am excited for. If I had to come up with something, then I’d love to see SSM update as well, a big development update that used to be a pretty common thing but then stopped happening: it was always posted on the forums - a huge amount of bug fixes and little updates, and the last thing i’d love to see is more Bedrock content or big fixes. If I had to get specific for Bedrock, then more maps and the stats update!

Posted Apr 18, 2021
  7. Lol. Amazing. How did they even manage to do that ?

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    JMPhase and maevestarbaby like this.
  8. Pay Dream to play Mineplex. Profit

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Da_One, Zorteh and OptimusRatchet like this.
  9. Mixed Arcade update, updating every game inside of it <o/

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  10. Hey!

This first one isn't anything for the in-game part of the server, but it's still something on the network I've been anticipating so why not. I'm looking forward to seeing the forums walls update, which has been in the works for over a year now. I'd love to think it's coming soon, though I can't get my hopes up too high. There are so many features planned that would be very useful to me as someone who spends a lot of time on the social side of the website. My favourite one would have to be pinned posts. We had this back on Enjin - everyone loved visiting my profile and instantly seeing a cute pug dance around their screen.

You don't know what you miss until it's gone, and Enjin is one of those things for me. I was a lot younger at the time, but everyone was so interactive on the social side of the platform: sharing little details of their life, and posting on each other's walls more frequently than anyone does here on Xenforo. Even notifications for when your friend posts something can help to revive this culture. I'd love to see forum users become more open to the idea of engaging in this kind of thing - hopefully the update will work its magic in that respect.

As for in-game, I'd like to see the /report system improved. Players and staff alike have voiced their concerns about the other primary method of reporting players in-game, that being using StaffRequest. Anyone who's in the community will know off the top of their head what kind of concerns people have, so there's no need to go into it. But if there's something that can be done with dev time, it's /report. We have no idea what dev time is currently being dedicated to, but as far as I know there are plenty of suggestions that have been approved and are waiting to be implemented.

I know this last one in particular will be a godsend for a lot of players whenever it happens. Personally I'm going to be optimistic and hope we'll see good things sooner rather than later. We live for the unexpected here on the network sometimes, so you never know. To anyone anticipating updates/changes I haven't mentioned - I hope you get those too.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  11. I would really love to see an SSM update. I know the last scheduled update had been postponed for months, and even that update needs a lot of work from what I've heard. Summertime is the PERFECT opportunity to introduce new things, such as games, cosmetics, updates, fixed bugs/glitches, improved punishment system, builds, ranks, and more because we can try to regain the lost players over the years. I know there's a recent thread regarding Mineplex losing players, so I really think the devs should start brainstorming new fun gamemodes and keep an open mind, listening to what the players want.
    Think about the minigames players outside of Mineplex enjoy, like skyblock, murder mystery/among us, arena minigames, sports-related games, puzzles, parkours, and more. If the devs could find their own way to put a twist on these generic games and make it unique to this server, I think players would find it enjoyable. Maybe make a summertime seasonal game similar to halloween horror/hacov and christmas chaos.
    Like I've seen others stated before, make a new Mineplex Youtube Channel, give a position to someone to regularly post videos for Mineplex. Or, find a smaller, but growing content creator, and reach out to them to see if they're interested in creating Mineplex-related content, maybe even pay them. This would certainly help player growth. Also encourage more players to become content creators; I know many people are using social media such as youtube, twitch, tiktok, twitter, and more to post gaming stuff. You never know, any player from Mineplex might just blow up one day.
    Summer cosmetics would be fun. A lot of us have already unlocked all the cosmetics. We want more humorous taunts. Other features too, that I cannot think of right now.
    In general, find ways to increase the player count this summer. Those who spend their summer on Mineplex while having fun will likely be present for the rest of the year. All I want is for staff, especially devs, to listen to what players want and then compromise on something.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    Jylie and maevestarbaby like this.
  12. Not 100% what this thread is asking but I'm going to guess its just asking what we want to potentially see happen on the server so here's a small list of things that I've heard people mention along with my own ideas.

1. Improving anti cheat (Gwen V2 :ooo)
    2. Clans update
    3. SSM update
    4. Multiple bug fixes with simple mechanics on the server like the delay that you get from tping from a game to a lobby sometimes
    5. Implementing what GI and CCO come up with
    6. More publicity from popular YTers or streamers
    7. Lag fixes
    8. Bringing back games that once made mineplex popular (*ahem* castle siege)

Mineplex imo is notorious for it's high ping spikes and anti cheat so I honestly feel that those two should be the main priority.

In my opinion mineplex has great ideas and the community does a great job of contributing with that but the issue is just implementation, the dev team is currently *short staffed* but I'm sure there doing what they can with what they have.

Posted May 12, 2021
    Midoriya and Knazamn like this.
  13. I'd like to see castle siege brought back

Posted May 12, 2021
    Knazamn likes this.
  14. I agree with the queen of ducks here.

SSM hasn't had an actual update in around 4 years and the most recent thing to an "update" is a new map for the game which is pretty frustrating. SSM already has around 20+ maps.

I would also love to see a mixed arcade update (not a map update) All the games in mixed arcade are pretty old and need major bug fixes (eg. Snake, Turfwars, Sneaky Assassins)

Posted May 13, 2021,
    Last edited May 13, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  15. Map updat
    Map updat
    Map updat
    Map updat

Also, new seasonal game or return of castle defense
    And limited time cosmetics
    And also maybe boosted rewards
    Bug fixes
    Skyblock either operational or npc removed
    Cool down for repeated messages so you don't have to say something else first

Posted May 13, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  16. Something new for Bedrock WE HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED

Posted May 13, 2021
    Paladise and CatFan105 like this.
  17. AGREED GO BEDROCK WE NEED A MAJOR UPDAT

Posted May 13, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  18. A way to connect java and bedrock stats. Either they add to eachother or you can view both on either server

Posted May 15, 2021
  19. More publication and adveriaing

Posted May 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  20. Add a new game to bedrock, that is unique and not a copy of anything else. I would love to see some bright person in the higher ups come up with an awesome game idea that has never been done before and add it, not only would it be fun, it would bring in so many new players.
    Edit: and not an LTM lol that would be dumb

Posted May 15, 2021