• 390 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5763 Players Online
  • 5373 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Super Paintball - Medic

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by PrettyChillDylan, Dec 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, my name is Dylan. I am a very well known paintball player and I have seen several kit suggestions to the kit medic, that were just missing a few things and needing a balance to it. I like the thought of this kit, so I am going to try to nudge it in the right direction. Here are my thoughts,

Kit: Medic
    Cost: 5000
    Gun: Pistol (Any suggestion on an item, is welcomed).
    Shots Till Kill: 3 aka 3.5 hearts per paintball (Shots same speed as the Rifle kit).
    Potions: You start with 2 potions, as the game goes on and you die, upon revival you receive one more pot each time. (Max of 4 potions for the entirety of the game.)

I think this kit will draw more attention to paintball and could be a great implementation. Please leave feedback and I will pump out some updates on the kit.

My goal with this kit is for the better of Paintball in itself. To bring a higher player base to Paintball and to keep new people intrigued as well as giving old players something new they like. My priority is to increase the player count in the Paintball community so that clans can survive and new things get released.

Edit 1: 5 potions to 4 potions. Pots seem to already be very strong, but you run out very quickly. A middle ground could be very good.

Edit 2: 4 potions to 2 potions and one given back upon revival after you die.

Edit 3: 2 potions and one given back upon revival after you die, to 2 potions and one given back upon revival after you die. (Max of 4 pots for the entirety of the game).

Posted Dec 13, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 17, 2020
    Laylq, Dellas and 0775 like this.
  2. Hey!

I definitely think there's room for a medic kit in paintball, especially seeing as the ability to revive your team is such an important mechanic.

I agree with giving the kit 4 revival potions, which are balanced out by the bad gun. The medic kit should be more of a "support" kit than an "aggressive" kit in my opinion, and you've done a great job of making it that. :)

All in all, I agree that this kit could be a good addition to the game.

+1

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    PrettyChillDylan likes this.
  3. Ello

Personally I don't see the benefit of this kit to PB, for a few reasons:

Excessive healing: imagine if every person on two teams of eight selected this kit - if you're saying that 5 potions is a possibility, that creates a total of 80 potions for a single game. This not only would extend the game to extreme lengths, but also take away some of the skill required in this game - if you have one very skilled player on one team, and a bunch of people that are repeatedly healing each other on the other team, then the skilled player barely stands a chance. I'm aware that this is obviously a very unlikely scenario, but my points still remain valid.

About what Tomeroo said about it being more of a support kit: I agree with you, but then I don't think that this is necessary. Harmony between kits can already be created, such as an shotgun rushing with a rifle just behind or vice versa - the combination of a shotgun pellet and rifle pellet instantly killing a person, with an already fair 6 pots that can be used on both of the players, a plentiful amount already if you ask me.

"Running out" of potions too quickly: I suppose I see where you're coming from here, but even still - if you use the map to your advantage and play to the best of your ability, then this shouldn't be an issue, with plenty of small structures around maps to block pellets. Implementing this kit I believe would even further reduce the skill level required to win, simply increasing 'healbots' and making it practically impossible for a skilled player to have a fair fight.

In conclusion, I can empathise with your ideas about this kit, but I don't think that there is any point in adding it, as well as inducing a decline in skill throughout this community.

-1 :)

Thanks,

Connor

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    Tomeroo likes this.
  4. Heya! I have seen this idea many times and it has been denied by GI many times before because excessive healing is bad for paintball and it would cause to game to be too long. overall, I do not think this should be added. -1

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    Tomeroo likes this.
  5. I've been trying to think of a way to make this pot thing balanced.

Suggestions are what is needed to make a kit sound and secure. So let's throw ideas around. At the start of the game you start with 2 health pots, upon dying and then being revived you gain a health pot each time.

With feedback I'm able to edit things to make them better.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 14, 2020
  6. This wouldn't work either because then this could result in unlimited pots - one medic dies, gets healed by the other, the other one dies, gets healed by the other, and it would just go on like that, a feature which just can't be implemented on the basis of creating a fair game.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
  7. Update: 2 potions and one given back upon revival after you die, to 2 potions and one given back upon revival after you die. (Max of 4 pots for the entirety of the game).

The problem with potions is explained above however, a lot of people in-game will agree that this kit is pretty balanced and would be enjoyable.

The problem with implementing new kits into Paintball is that the old or OG players are what make up the entire community of Paintball.

My goal with this kit is for the better of Paintball in itself. To bring a higher player base to Paintball and to keep new people intrigued as well as giving old players something new they like. My priority is to increase the player count in the Paintball community so that clans can survive and new things get released.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2020
  8. Your point is fair, but I have two issues with it:

1. Now the kit seems too close to any of the others (mainly rifle) - it's going to be difficult to implement another kit which has such significantly different features to rifle, shotgun, machine gun or sniper that at this point there doesn't seem to be a reason to add it.

2. PB is one of the only games that is still active - even though it's obviously not the most packed, it can get around 50 players simultaneously each night, making it one of if not the most popular arcade game today. At the moment, Mineplex has bigger issues such as lag and GWEN to improve, which is what will drive more players onto the server (then leading to an increase in PB players) - instead of focusing on a single game by adding a kit that isn't hugely impactful on gameplay.

Posted Dec 15, 2020
  9. First off, Love your idea dylan! This could bring attention to the achievement for reviving 200 players!

Idea: Maybe the weapon could be something other than a pistol to bring more excitement to the gun, but leaving the same "3 shot kill" idea.

Great idea, with holiday love -Dellas/Caid <3

Posted Dec 17, 2020
    PrettyChillDylan likes this.
  10. What would you suggest that be. Currently, there are 4 kits in paintball; rifle, shotgun, machine gun, and sniper.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 17, 2020
  11. As someone said above me with the current system, if everybody on a team took the kit, there is a possibility of many, many health pots for everyone.

I'm definitely for the idea of having additional health pots and gaining one after being revived, however with that being said a medic's damage has to be lower than rifle. A pistol is a good idea, but one that deals slightly less damage and has a slower fire rate. This will compensate for the large amount of healing you can do which can really impact the game. This will also discourage players from going a full medic team as their damage output would be significantly lower than the enemy's team, most likely.

Posted Jan 31, 2021
  12. Heyo!
    Cool kit that paintball could definitely need. I am not a professional paintball player, but I have played it many times and it's super fun. It's easy to die as well against skilled players and potions are already limited. Medic kit would be perfect to have at least 1 on a team. The chances for every single player to have medic kit is in reality super low. As much as it is a great kit, a lot of players enjoy playing the others like rifle, machine gun, rifle, and my personal favorite shotgun. There are kits that are used as a tactic and everyone going medic kit wouldn't turn the game into much fun.
    Glad to see you are updating your post, good luck in the future man!
    <3

Posted Feb 1, 2021
  13. Will make sure this gets some discussion when GI discussion gets to PB.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
  14. So the kit idea itself isn't very bad, but I feel as though there is no point in adding a 5th kit. As the kits right now make for a fun game itself, the medic seems as though it will be unfair or abused, because of the additional pot on res. As I said before, the kits are pretty dang good right now. If you think this would help balance the game, maybe a small nerf or buff to an existing kit would be more practical. Maybe an update will bring a bigger player base, but like most updates, it seems like the hype would die down as this kit seems like it will unbalance the game.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  15. I would have to agree with the player above me. It’s obvious you put a lot of effort into this idea and cam up with some creative ways to make the kit fun to play. However, I don’t really see Super Paintball needing another kit. I feel like the kit we have in the game already is plenty for a small mini game. If it were to be added into the game I wouldn’t mind having this kid as it’s different than the others because it has different abilities like healing. However, at this time I just don’t see another kit being needed.

Posted Feb 16, 2021
  16. This idea has been denied for the following reasons:
    • Excessive healing is bad for the game
    • If multiple people on a team had this kit then the games would be prolonged massively
    With the changes proposed further down the thread to reduce it to 4 pots max:
    • Too similar to other kits (mainly rifle) at that point for it to be worth implementing
    Not Planned >> Denied by Game Insights

Posted Mar 30, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.