• 3040 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11478 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Super Paintball TDM

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Midnight_Wolf_12, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Would you like to have a Team Deathmatch variant of Super Paintball added?

1. Yes! A Team Deathmatch gamemode would be awesome!

66.7%
  2. No, Super Paintball is fine the way it is.

33.3%
  1. Hello wonderful people of Mineplex how are you today? Super Paintball is one minigame which I like to play and as fun as it is I would like to propose an addition to the game but don't worry you can still play Super Paintball the way it is right now.

While I enjoy playing Super Paintball I personally hate Last Team Standing for any shooting game (yes I know you can revive team mates with the water balloon meaning you technically have more than one life but still). What I propose is a simple addition to Super Paintball to spice things up, a Team Death match gamemode. Now most of the mechanics of the game will still work the same except that you have unlimited respawns! The goal is quite simple, be the team to have the most enemy players painted! A team will win if they get IDK 50 enemy kills or till the time runs out about 5 minutes. And the team with the most kills wins!

Now the only real change to the current mechanics of the game would be how water balloons are used. In the current Last Team Standing variant of super paintball the balloons can heal or revive your team mates. In this TDM variant you can still heal yourself and team mates but you can't revive (since you have unlimited revives). You will get 5 balloons only for the entire match so don't waste them!

I would like to hear your feedback on what you think about my proposal? Do you think Super Paintball is fine the way it is or do you want the option of playing a TDM variant? Comment below!

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Yato and _Prof_ like this.
  2. I think this would be a good idea. The game currently can get a bit repetitive. It has been a while since this game got an update so personally, I think this would be a good idea.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Midnight_Wolf_12 likes this.
  3. Mixed Arcade has always been one of my favourite games and this is something I see dominating my interests! So far, everything is alright. To make this game even better, I would maybe add a spawn border to prevent the opposing team from entering and their paintballs are blocked so they cannot spawn kill.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 9, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 9, 2019
    Midnight_Wolf_12 likes this.
  4. Hi Springy_Boi,
    I believe that it would be a great addition to super paintball my vote is a +1 from me good luck with this forum post to making it so staff will put this into effect. :)

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Midnight_Wolf_12 and _Prof_ like this.
  5. I actually like the idea of this, I think however that if we were to do a TDM I would change it so that every respawn you would get maybe 3 balloons to heal yourself and teammates with. I think this would be fun to play and would maybe jump the player base by a little, however I see it a little hard to add due to the little player base it already has like right now mid Saturday it has 61 players. I find it possibly a waste of Dev resources to make another game mode for a game with little players, I do like possibly adding it maybe in NANO or in MPS though so I still think this idea could work. I'm going to say +.5 due to those issues but other than that I think your idea was really good and I think you put a lot of thinking into it so good job.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
    Dulciloquy, Gh0styGhost and _Prof_ like this.
  6. +1 for me. The game mode is very repetitive right now and it would be a nice edition to the server. However as said above there would need to be some way to prevent spawn camping.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  7. I totally agree with the idea each life you have 3 balloons instead of 5 the whole game. If it was first to fifty that wouldn't make since to have 5 if a kit as 4 in the actual game. I love and agree with this idea! Maybe we could get a forum Ninja to get this to a dev?

Posted Aug 10, 2019
    Epicbuilder435 likes this.
  8. And to answer kind of your last part of your response an Ideas team member will officially send the idea off for review not a Forum Ninja. :D

Posted Aug 10, 2019
    Gh0styGhost likes this.
  9. hey hey!

I'm really divided on my opinion on this! Overall, I really like it and would love to see it be implemented. However, if it were to be added, I feel as if it were to divide up the Paint Ball community. This is similar to adding a Solo Cake Wars game mode, which has been denied by Leadership for this reason. I feel that this game would also get denied for splitting the community that plays the game. Cake Wars has a rather large player base with hundreds of people constantly playing, so it was able to take a hit when there was a division between duos and regular. However, the player base for Paint Ball is much smaller. While games do fill up quickly, I find that this is mainly because of how fast the games are, not because of a huge player base. The game is designed to be fast paced, and I think that this would change the overall feel of the game. +0

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  10. Hey there!

I, for one, think that this is a great idea. Super paintball has gotten quite dry recently due to the fact that there hasn't been an update for it. Being one of my favourite gamemodes (and one of the only I play) in any video game I play, TDM has a special place in my heart. One reason why I think this would work well is because the Paintball community wants an update. There has not been a big update for many of the Mixed Arcade games, and due to the fact that Paintball is one of the most played, it is probably the one that needs an update the most. One reason as to why I don't think this would work well is because it would ruin the feel of the game. Super Paintball is a very fast paced game as it is, so adding a gamemode where nobody can get revived makes me wonder if it would make the whole experience a little too fast.

Overall, I think this is a great idea, and should definitely be considered.

Cheers,
    Supreme

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. This is actually really interesting! I honestly don’t play super paintball much, but lately I’ve been playing it in the mixed arcade rotation, so I’ve definitely taken a liking to it! I’m not entirely sure it’d be a great idea to add a whole separate gamemode addition to super paintball. As said in a lot of other threads, it would split the player base of the current game and make it even harder for games fill up. This would ultimately lead to the game slowly dying out. However, since super paintball hasn’t gotten much of an update in a while, maybe this can be somehow implemented? Maybe it can be some kind of special appearance type game, like OP games in event servers. :thinking:

I really do think this is cool and would love for this to be implemented in some way! However, I’ll be giving this a 0 for the time being. c:

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. Heyoo!

I personally love a few games of paintball here and there, and I would love to see this addition added to the game! I'm not that good at paintball really so having unlimited respawns would be amazing for me! Though I don't feel as if this would be necessary, as @24OO said above, Paintball is supposed to be fast-paced, and if you just make it longer, I don't think players will be too interested, I would've really liked this for back when Weekend Brawl was around but that would be about it, I really like the idea of the game you have here though, so I'll leave a +0.5

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  13. I feel that super paint ball is still good the way it is. If it was death match you would be confined to a small space which disadvantages the sniper. It also takes away the hiding aspect of the game and make last stand achievement harder.

Posted Aug 22, 2019