• 307 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 307 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Paintball Update.

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by Shadowxore, Mar 21, 2020.

?

Should Paintball have Nametags added back for everyone?

1. Yes! (explain why)

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. No! (explain why)

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. Your solution is to turn everyone into a rayer. Well, not literally, but turning on nametags does give you the same abilities as a rayer.

This isn't the "next best thing", it's like solving a rat problem by bringing in thousands more rat imposters. You can't tell the difference between a rayer and a legitimate player - you're helping to protect and hide the hackers.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  2. The maths is pretty easy - 5 people a week, roughly 50 weeks a year. 5 x 50 = 250, 250 people leave a year. 250 x 20 = 5,000, the current player account. 20 is not 16, but I said 16 to give you the benefit of the doubt.

And xraying is bannable, but only by certain people - its kinda hard to tell if someone's using a texture pack without training or experience.

Also, where did you get the "10 deaths for one kill" and "30% of players are rayers"?. You're saying my numbers are made up, but I've explained the mathematical reasoning. You haven't.

Don't make up numbers to win an argument. And, without reasoning, it looks like you're making the numbers up.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  3. There's a quote I'd like for you to analyze before commenting again. "If you can't beat them, join them." Beating them would be making xraying bannable. So, in theory since we've already set in stone that making x-rays bannable is impossible, then the "next best thing" would be to "join them." I made the analogy simple for you this time.

No, xraying is only bannable under a self-report, which who's stupid enough to report themselves, and get themselves banned? Even from a legitimate players standpoint that's a foolish perspective to have, to get yourself banned for something you try to hide.

I've never seen you in the community, so you clearly wouldn't know the actual numbers, and those are rough estimates. The way I got the numbers is by going into a lobby, getting 3-5 random players from that lobby, and looking at their username on the Mineplex stats database, calculating their Kill/Death ratio, which the average was 10-1 (deaths:kills).

I also said 5 players left THAT week, not on average, you just assumed that was on average the amount of players leaving. Regardless, however, the problem stated here is that there should NEVER be a negative number of players joining, which means more people are leaving than joining. There shouldn't be any numerical value of people leaving more than they're joining, which is the bigger problem. The game IS dying, you're just misinterpreting the speed at which it is. I don't need to explain mathematical reasoning behind getting someones kill/death ratio, that's basic division. Have a good day.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 2, 2020
    C0C0A likes this.
  4. Yes!! I've been playing paintball for around 4-5 months now, and currently the number for x-rayers isn't actually very high. That being said, it wouldn't make much sense to completely change the game just to compensate for around 10 players. A big part of what makes paintball so fun (at least in my opinion) is the element of surprise. That effect would be greatly diminished if nametags were added to paintball.

Furthermore, if you were to survey just a few members of the paintball community about whom they believe to be rayers, you'd notice a very obvious repetition in names. Why? Because most rayers don't even bother to hide the fact that they're raying. Why should they care if they don't get in trouble for it? For that reason, I completely agree that raying should be punishable, and even rather easy to detect.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I don't agree with the reasoning that rayers are too OP. Sure, they have the advantage, but it doesn't make them impossible to kill. Being wary around corners in paintball is a given, so if you're blinding going around corners and then getting mad that you died, try rethinking your strategy instead of changing the entire game. I don't believe the paintball community will die just because of a few players, and I strongly disagree with the adding of nametags to game play. c:

Posted Apr 28, 2020