• 310 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6988 Players Online
  • 6678 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Super Smash Mobs Weeklies #1

Discussion in 'Events' started by matrixyst, Oct 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all!

PuppetOnAString's recent SSM tournament was a ton of fun, and it got me thinking about trying my hand at hosting a tourney. Please take the "weeklies" with a grain of salt; I may or may not turn this into one depending on how successful it is.

As great as the last tournament went, it wasn't without a few... issues. Hopefully, we've learned from that, and this tournament will be all the better for it!

The first (technically second lol) SSM Weekly Tournament will take place one week from today on November 2nd, 2019 at 1:00 PM EST (10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT) on /server EliteDarkKnight-1. Check-in starts at 12:30. If you haven't checked in by 1:15, you will be disqualified.

Registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15USgj3c-XjPrZAdDDD17Lxw_kLnQWyBQFqqSnjntyuE

Ruleset:

There are 2 brackets - a Winner's bracket and a Loser's. Losing a match does not mean you are out of the tournament; rather, you are sent to Loser's and can attempt a run to Grand Finals.
    1v1v1v1; top 2 from each match progress, depending on bracket, bottom 2 will either be sent to losers or will be out of the tournament
    With the exception of Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals, a random map will be selected for every game. Certain maps may be banned depending on the responses in registration forms.
    The winner of Grand Finals places at #1, and wins the tournament.

Brackets (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):

Winner's Bracket: {depending on registration numbers, there will be either 2 or 4 initial pools} -> Winner's Quarter-Finals -> Winner's Semifinals -> Winner's Finals -> Grand Finals

Loser's Bracket: Loser's Qualifiers -> Loser's Quarter's -> Loser's Semis -> Loser's Finals -> Grand Finals

Rules:

Smash Crystals are banned. One usage will result in a forced SD and a warning. If you use a crystal twice throughout the duration of the tournament, you will be disqualified immediately.
    NO stalling of any kind will be tolerated. Running to heal for a second and play footsies is fine, but if you're just constantly running and gunning and refusing to engage until you've seriously whittled your opponent down, a vote will be held to decide if you should be DQ'd or not. Majority rules.
    No cross-teaming. This includes targeting on someone / willingly not attacking an opponent for an extended period of time.
    No targeting unless the individual has a stock lead of 2 lives or more, and even then, no cross teaming.
    It is likely that rules will be adjusted and/or created as the tournament progresses to ensure fair play and that everyone is having a good time. Arguing with this after being told the justification may result in disqualification. Don't argue with the ref.
    If I or anyone else seriously think that you're closet cheating, you will be kicked out of the tournament. Don't cheat, please.

Before every game, everyone will ready-up to spectate using /spec, and I will announce the 4 players that will be fighting and what bracket/match they are in, who will then use /spec again and prepare to play. If you aren't playing, please do not unspectate.

Hoping for a good turnout! There are currently 0 guaranteed slots left. If you register after there are no more slots, it is not guaranteed that you will play in the tournament. You will be placed on the next-in-line list and will be given a slot if someone cancels or does not show up. On that note, if you realize that you won't be able to make it, please tell me in advance. Again, I hope I'll see all of you guys there :D

Posted Oct 26, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 2, 2019
    pinfoil likes this.
  2. First! teheh

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  3. hehe

ahh, damn you you're that chicken that took me out in grands xd looking forward to seeing you missile juggle people next saturday
    --- Post updated ---
    someone asked so i might as well answer: no, spider will not be banned. unless the #1 spider player in the world logs on and joins the mps, it will stay that way.
    --- Post updated ---
    update 2: almost half of the available slots have been accounted for! if you want to participate please do so quickly, otherwise you may not be placed in bracket.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2019
    pinfoil likes this.
  4. Silly question, but... is there going to be an announcement on the server at the time (or any other notification)? I know it's at noon CST, but if I randomly go on Mineplex, how will I know where to go? I already signed up and all.

Sorry if I missed something in the description and form, I'm real confused here.

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2019
  6. I got it! Even though I'm not sure how I missed that glaringly obvious section... thanks!

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  7. Hello!

Ooooh! You're going to be running weeklies? Wonderful! Unfortunately, I cannot make this one, but I'll try to make it next week. Good luck to all who participate!

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  8. Check-in begins... NOW! Please make your way to /server EliteDarkKnight-1. Spectators and last-second registrees are welcome. Hope to see you all there!
    --- Post updated ---
    GGs to everyone! That was certainly... interesting. See you all again soon! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 2, 2019
    Puppet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.