• 2014 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4593 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

super smash mobs

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Jailbroken Tesla, Jan 11, 2020.

1. I really only play SG, CW, and bridges right now, but I'm tired of getting killed by tryhards, especially in CW. I'm thinking of getting into SSM, but I need to know which is kit is best. I have 60,000 gems, can anyone recommend the best kit for me to buy?

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  2. The best kit would honestly be the kit that you are best with. I personally don't play SSM that often, but when I do I either play with the squid or the chicken kit. You should experiment with the different kits and take a look at their descriptions to see which one would best suit your play style. If you want, you can even practice using the kits on your MPS with friends since you have the Legend rank which allows you to create one by doing /mps in chat.

Posted Jan 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2020
  3. In SSM, there's not really a "best" kit. It comes all down to preference, honestly. However, since you're new to the game there are definitely kits that are easier to pick up and get going with. A couple of kits that I have found easy to sort of figure out are Blaze, Skeletal Horse, and Creeper. However Blaze and Skeletal Horse are currently two of the most overpowered kits in the game, so don't get too used to those as they might be nerfed sometime in the new future.

Good luck trying to find a new kit!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Wulfo likes this.
  4. I would start off with Creeper as it's pretty user-friendly and OP at the moment. It s especially a good kit to use when trying to figure out the logistics of the game and start developing strategies. Once you start getting comfortable you could then probably start with other classes and go from there until you find one that you particularly like.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Jailbroken Tesla likes this.
  5. Creeper is the best kit, zombie and spider have the most potential when used properly.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  6. what about villager or wolf. also creeper isn't as op as people think

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  7. First, villager is an achievement kit which a new ssm player would not have access to regardless of gems.

I feel as though wolf is difficult for new players due to the unique jumping mechanism.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  8. Over powered means taking less skill and getting wins. Creeper is op because of the sulphur bomb cooldown and the lightning sheild which prevents people from making combos. As for villager its an underrated kit but not the best. Wolf is also quite op however heavy kb attacks and ranged attacks can keep them far away.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  9. I think its actually the ravage that makes wolf powerful. A single unexpected cub tackle get anyone killed in a matter of seconds

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  10. Buy Enderman. It's a really strong kit and decently easy to learn.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  11. Thank you for giving straight answers, I'll look into these kits.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2020
  12. wolf and creeper are easy to use and pretty busted. Blaze and skelly horse aint far behind. Spider, guardian, enderman, slime, and zombie are also busted af if used right, but they require a bit more skill. So basically half of the kits are/can be stupid OP and the rest get donged on unless they are played by pros.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  13. I don't know what busted means, but I've narrowed my choices down. The only three kits I really like are wolf, zombie, and chicken, and I don't know which one to stick with. Either way, I'm using them to work towards the achievement kits. I heard they're good, but does anyone know if they're really worth the work?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2020
  14. Busted is just another way of me saying ridiculously OP.

Of the three kits you mentioned, I personally think wolf is the most worth, just because it's so easy to play and so hard to counter. Zombie is great, but you MUST consistently have good aim or you're gonna get slaughtered by melee classes. Chicken is arguably the worst kit in the game right now which is why I'd say only play it for fun, not if you want to win. It is good against newer players who can't aim or fully utilize kit abilities and/or double jump, but it just gets melted by any mediocre or better player unless it's played by a pro. The only real way to win as a chicken is to hit and run with chicken missile, which imo isn't fun for any party involved.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  15. Heyo!
    I highly recommend that you start off with something something like wolf. Once you understand the concept of the unique jumping ability, you’re set to go forth and play some matches! Also the cub tackle, since it’s very easy and efficient. Hope I helped you make your mind up!
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  16. I'll be the 5th person to recommend you the Creeper kit.

After about a year, specialize in 2 or 3 good kits for the rest of your SSM career :D

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  17. Creeper does get boring after a while and just turns into muscle memory. Play it to learn the basic functions of the game then switch to the versatile kits.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Jailbroken Tesla and Sven like this.
  18. would definitely agree with this. Creeper doesn’t require much skill or know how to win. It’s great to learn the foundations of the game as well as to develop some broad general strategies but there are kits such as zombie, slime, squid that can be lethal if you know how to use them right. Great point @TheStudentUnion

Posted Jan 13, 2020