• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5112 Players Online
  • 5112 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Survival Games Achievement Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Toadstar0, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With the recent execution of the Horseman kit, a new achievement kit was added its place, however the kit is basically brawler kit and i feel like something unique can be added.

Heres my take, Horseman was a fantastic kit. It provided great value for it being an achievement kit, it should be powerful. However it definitely provided way too much of an unfair advantage and I understand its justification for being removed.

However the new kit seems to really be lacking anything special, it is indeed a "worse brawler" and something needs to be changed. I think what would be best is another redesign of the kit, start from fresh somewhere and add something totally unique unlike any other kit.

Heres a suggestion since its always good to leave a reccommendation after criticism.

Wizard kit!
    Receive one random tier one potion (negative or positive) every 100 seconds, and have its effect last 10 seconds. (Refresh time and duration can of course be adjusted)

This would be balanced as the ability would be only used every two ish minutes, and could provide some real strategy in either saving the potion for later, or using it in hopes of a better one! This is also something completely unique and has nothing like it in SG!

Something to consider i think would be worth the grind for that fabled achievement kit!

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    ShutUpMyChild :) likes this.
  2. I agree, the achievement kit really should be changed. The last one was way too OP, so I get why they removed it. I don't have any ideas for a new kit but they could come up with something good, I'm sure.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    Toadstar0 likes this.
  3. Hey there!

I agree with the fact of horseman being a fantastic kit. However, I can see why it got removed even though IMO the game was okay as it was. I've never used the new kit but by the description you implement and what my friends have told me about it... it sucks.

The kit you're suggesting, sorry to put it this way, sounds boring. I can't really see it being put in work.

I suggest we look into Champions Knight kit and copy the ability of hold position to be SG's achievement kit. This way it will give a fair advantage when fighting but it will not be overpowered.

Anyways, I look forward on seeing other suggestions so that SG can have a ideal achievement kit.

Have a good night,
    Flame

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  4. I agree that this new achievement kit is just like the brawler. Achievement kits are supposed to be good because you worked hard to earn them, you don't want to go through all that work and get another brawler kit. I like your idea on the potion kit, but I feel like effects lasting more than 7 seconds and most is a bit over powered. If you had strength 2 for 10 seconds I feel like it would make the kit way to overpowered, same situation with speed. I love the idea and think the time for each potion should be down a bit!

Just an opinion!
    Have a good day!

Posted Apr 2, 2020
  5. Hey,

I understand why horseman got removed according to the player base who never had the achievement kit. I do like how creative you are with this kit, I just need some more detail on how this kit will work. I also have some criticism about this kit as well. Will you be able to stack up on potions? Can you hold on to the potion for the whole game? Will negative effects be able to only be affected by you or can you use it on other people?

If it's any potion that is allowed, then this kit can easily be overpowered.100 seconds might seem like a lot, but it is approximately every 2 minutes you are getting a new potion, which means you can get a good amount of supply for half the expected game duration. For example, if you could stack on potions, you could save on speed and strength for a 1v1, and stack up on splash potions for healing. Having a splash potion of healing basically gives you bursts of healing, while a player without the achievement kit won't get the same sustain. As for negative potions, this can still be used to completely annihilate an opponent with something like poison. There might be skill for this, but in the long run it gurantees more counter play for the player with the wizard kit. This overall just makes the style of SG completely different. Without the kit, the original way of sustain was through mushroom stew, but making it though potions will completely make it a different game mode. There is no room for counter-play with this kit, other than facing against another guy with the wizard kit, or having a power 1 bow and bow spamming. This kit basically grantees fights for people and removes the chance for counter play to happen.

This idea would be completely overpowered if implemented, and I think adding potions to SG will completely alter the game mode. SG shouldn't hav potions added to its game, or else it will be more of an OP game, like Pot SG. It Is more of a classic mode. This kit needs to be completely reworked or else it will damage the game mode of SG. Otherwise, hope I gave good feedback about this idea.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  6. Hello!

I’m not really a fan of the new achievement kit either, in my opinion. I do see where you are coming from when you say it can be looked upon as a “worse brawler.” This new kit, as I see it, does not seem like an “achievement kit” but rather a normal kit anyone could buy better off than an achievement kit.

On to your Wizard idea! I really like the potion idea since most of the other kits are just ability based and not so much item based. I would really like for the achievement kit to be item based rather than like all the others. So if potions are what gets the kit to change, I am down for it. The only modification I would make to this idea would be the timing. I think that about 20 - 30 seconds, after the game starts, is when the first potion is given to which then it could start doing it every 100 seconds. The only other thing I would add to this would be the variety of potions given. I think there should be a set amount of potions that should be given between negative and positive potions. I think each time one is given, it should be randomized so you never know what you could get, but it would still be useful in the end. Obviously, since mushroom stew is used for regeneration purposes, I would not include a regeneration potion as one of the given ones. As others are saying above me about how this kit is could possibly change the entire game style itself, I will have to disagree with. Mushroom stew is already used heavily in the game. Adding a potion kit would just be like getting mushroom stew, but with different effects and a different way to use them. Other players, without this kit, might not be able to sustain with the other player, with this kit, but you have to remember that almost every other kit comes with an ability while this kit would not.

So, all in all, this Wizard kit seems like a fair and better alternative achievement kit over the current one. Anyways, I hope my input, opinions, and modifications could help and I will be giving this idea a +1. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  7. Hi! I actually really like this idea. I feel like it's much better than the current achievement kit, whilst not being as overpowered as the Horseman achievement kit. However, I would recommend changing the time you would receive a potion from 100 seconds to 120 seconds. This may seem like an unnecessary change as it's only 20 seconds longer,, but I feel like 100 seconds is just a bit too short, and also it would make sense for it take 2 minutes.

As I'm guessing you're suggesting to include splash potions, my second suggestion would be to limit this kit to only positive effect potions. This may seem quite restrictive but my reasoning for this is quite simple. Poison, which is a negative effect potion, decreases a players hearts by 1 every 1.25 seconds. After 10 seconds, that player would loose 8 hearts, which in my opinion is way too overpowered. Therefore, including negative effect potions would be quite overpowered, but only including positive effect potions would be quite balanced in my opinion.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    Toadstar0 likes this.
  8. I agree that the kit should either get revamped or buffed, but I'm not really a fan of rng. Depending on the potion gained, the kit could either be underpowered or super OP and that doesn't seem appealing to me as something I would want to play as or fight against- it gives me ptsd of fighting my friend who mains Hero in smash.

Personally, I would like to see a kit that utilizes cobwebs in a Mineplex pvp game.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    Johnny Welamton, Toadstar0 and Wiz2K like this.
  9. These are all quite some good ideas and I appreciate the feedback that has been given!

I definitely agree with the change Btsy4u reccommend of making the potions all positive, and drinkable. Aswell as making it one potion every two minutes. Perhaps potions could include instant health, speed, jump boost, and strength.

They would definitely need to be level one potions to prevent being way too overpowered but I definitely think this could be a really cool kit!

And for the chance that randomness is frowned upon which I totally understand, maybe the player could spawn with a set 3 potions. Perhaps speed, strength, and jump boost.
    Ultimately its up to higher staff to decide changes like these but who knows! Im excited to see what is in store for this game as its definitely one of my favorites to play and record!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 3, 2020
  10. I would say it goes without question that someone is going to suggest that a magic kit be introduced and I will say it. It probably should cost a lot and slow down the enemy and make the enemy hover over the ground for a very small amount of time., something like that would be nice.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  11. Yello!
    Interesting idea. However, this kit is more of an Alchemy kit rather than a wizard. After discussing the kit with SG GI. The potion RNG isn't favorable for gameplay. I enjoy these interesting ideas. However, I'll be marking this thread as Not Planned.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.