• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Survival Games- Shocking Surviver

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by joerock777, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Do you want my idea to be implemented?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. I got this idea from block hunters and champions where shocking strikes shakes your screen (as well as Shocking hider in block hunters)

This idea would be good since it isn’t too overpowered

Cost
    5000 gems
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    This ability will mainly be for swords and if you right click the sword and them hit them it will shock them for 2-3 seconds.

Recharge
    9 seconds.
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    This idea could possibly be implemented into cakewars too

Posted Jan 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 20, 2019
  2. Seems pretty simple, I have a suggestion though. The "Shocking Hider" kit in Block Hunt can easily combo hunters if done properly, so if we were to implement this in Survival Games, we'd probably have to nerf it just a bit. My suggestion would be to only shake your screen for about 2-4 seconds, that way the player who's getting attacked can at least make a recovery, that way, the kit wouldn't be too overpowered. Overall, seems pretty cool, and it'd probably make for some interesting gameplay. Have a good day.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  3. Hey there! ImI not sure if I want to see this idea implemented (I have mixed feelings on it). It doesn't seem too overpowered, as you can fight through the screen shakes. However I, just don't like screenshakes in general, and I wouldn't like to see screenshakes in Sg. Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  4. Hello joerock777,

I certainly feel this kit would be too OP. in SG. If this kit were to be similar to Champions and Block Hunt, where each hit initiates shocking strikes, it would be overpowered. I'm stating this as it would be hard to get combos, let alone aim when your screen is shaking a lot. This would be a huge disadvantage for the player versing the kit. In addition to this, you would not be able to sprint, and hardly be able to move, making it impossible to escape/run. A few questions I have about the kit is will it be a skill ability, or will it initiate upon hit? How long will the effect take place for?

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  5. Intresting idea
    However, I feel as if this would be a poor execution of the idea, If we were to simply port this over from block hunt. One of the first changes we need to make is how someone would get "Shocked" In game; as in block hunt getting shocked is nearly an instant K O . This is fine in a game where respawning in unlimited, but in a game like SG where you get one life, getting doomed to a death from one hit is exceedingly over powered. Even in a game such as CW it's still fairly bad as a respawn means losing all items and if this happens at a base that would just allow one person to stop 3-4 people. This would allow them to effortlessly kill the team.

This could be fixed by moving the shock to an item with a long recharge time and a low amount of time being shocked. This would stop people combo-ing shocking into shocking, again and again; by stopping this we would fix it's main problem of it dooming whoever it hit to dying. Additionally, as dragon stated earlier it prevents you from sprinting, so maybe it could give slow 1 after firing. That would keep them faster than their opponent but not allow them to not be able to escape with a large enough distance.

Overall, the idea is fairly interesting and with a few changes I can see this working in CW or other games with "Limited" respawns. Additionally, with some more changes It might even work in SG.

(This ended up like twice as long as I meant to make it :p)

Posted Jan 19, 2019
    dragontiger34 likes this.
  6. I personally don't think that this kit would be very good for Survival Games, mainly because I think it would be too OP. The shocking hider kit, in my opinion, should really stay in Block Hunt. If this kit were to be added in Survival Games, then it would have to be nerfed, because it would be way too OP.

Firstly, in Block Hunt, if you get killed as a hunter with the shocking hider kit, you respawn. In Block Hunt, if you are the hunter, you get infinite respawns. In games like SG, there are no respawns, so it would literally be impossible to escape death if you come into contact with someone using the kit. This would be pretty broken, so it would need a nerf. I like the idea of 2-3 seconds for screenshaking, and I think that 9 seconds for a recharge seems good for this kit.

But overall, I don't think that SG really needs anymore kits, let alone a kit like shocking hider which would be pretty OP. If you have any other nerfs or suggestions for this kit feel free to edit the thread. I'm pretty interested to see what else you have in mind.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  7. Hey there!

I feel like this kit would not be too good to add to the Survival Games. There is my reason why I will not going to accept this idea. To me, this kit looks similar from the Block Hunt and Champions. I am pretty sure that this kit can be little too overpowered, so I feel like we should not add another one. Overall, this kit is a disadvantage in the Survival Games, so I will give it a -1. At least that is still a great idea that you have!

Posted Jan 21, 2019
  8. Hey. Thanks for taking the time to write this thread. Unfortunately, our Game Insights team has denied this idea. They feel as though it wouldn't fit the gameplay of the game. I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" however I'll leave it open if you wish to discuss it further. If you have any other ideas feel free to make another thread.

Not Planned

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  9. Well, I like Hunger Games. I don't know if the idea is too op or not.In fact, Necromancer sounds VERY unbalanced, but the thing this kit does is- summoning your victims back to life in a form of a skeleton which will try to kill YOU, the actual necromancer! I raged quiet a lot.
    Back to the talk, I don't know if it is a good idea, but maybe we must change it a little bit.
    Lets throw away the idea and lets try to do something similar. Here is my idea, the ability of the kit is to give you some hunger, but when you will eat some food the hunger will change on nausea, it won't last long, only 4 seconds of nausea and the hunger is gonna last for 30 seconds.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  10. Creative idea you’ve brought up, however, I will have to say no to this. I do not see a necessity for this to be added to Survival Games. This kit is similar to the “Knight” kit, as it is mainly for swords, except for the screen shake it would not be much different. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 10, 2020