• 704 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10714 Players Online
  • 10010 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Survival Games: Snow Golemer (Achievement Kit)

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by CupAWup, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I figured this can be another kit for Horseman as some people may want to use this.

Perk - Snowballs:
    You get a snowball every 8 seconds, and have a max of 3.

Posted May 30, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 7, 2019
  2. Hey!

I like the idea, but I have some questions.

Are the snowballs dodgeable?
    How would this "active" ability be activated?
    Would the snowballs cause anything else besides knockback?
    Would the snow golem be able to be killed? If so, what would the respawn time be?

Also, I think it's sort of overpowered if the snow golem constantly respawned, so I personally would recommend it respawn after 45 seconds perhaps.

Posted May 30, 2019
  3. Snow golems can be dodged if you run away, but there's no shields or any of that.
    There would be a barrage stick where if it's activated, the Snow Golem shoots snowballs 2x faster.
    The snow golem probably will not do anything besides knockback as snowballs don't do damage and are just for knockback.
    The snow golems can be killed and the respawn time is 45 seconds as you said.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2019
  4. Herro!

This is an interesting kit, however I don't think many would use it unless it was overpowered. It would also promote camping, which is incredibly annoying. I don't think this kit would add much to the game, so I'm going to give it a -1.

Posted May 30, 2019
  5. If you're intending for this kit to be a replacement for Horseman, then I would say it has failed in its objective, as the one thing people dislike about Horseman the most is how frustrating it is to deal with, and this is a kit that would cause the same sort of frustration (due to the difficulty it would take to approach the user of a Snow Golem). Plus, the active ability lasts for too long and its cooldown time is too short, which just further exemplifies this issue.

-1 from me.

Posted May 30, 2019
  6. I am an SG player, bedrock, I have the horseman kit, although because of issues it is not active, so I am for a kit fix really, but a kit replacement would be fine.
    That being said I don't think this would be a good replacement kit, in general golems are too slow, they would have to be sped up, make walk faster to keep up, and they would be easily killed from distance with axe throw, bow, TNT. It's almost like necromancer but with them shooting arrows. The ability and cool down as said above, too long and not long enough cool down. The advantage doesn't seem great, comparing to having the horse, which it is an achievement kit.
    I have tried to think of options and it's not easy, taking into consideration balance, abilities.
    -1 for this one for me.

Posted May 30, 2019
  7. Hey hey!

I do like your idea. However, I don't see much of a use for this kit because the snowballs produced by the snow golems will not do much damage. If there was an altercation to this, I might actually want this implemented. Another problem that I run into (as @ImFirewalker mentioned) is that the current Snow Golems are too slow to be used as a kit. As to where I stand currently, I don't see a use for this kit. I think that it's a cool idea and all, but there needs to be a few changes in my opinion.
    -
    Have a lovely day!

Posted May 30, 2019
  8. I play SG sometimes, and while this is an interesting kit idea, I’m not sure if it’s really needed. For instance, the horseman kit is a good enough kit in my opinion, so I don’t think that another achievement kit is needed. Second, I feel that this wouldn’t do much benefit as an achievement kit; snow golems are slow by themselves, and snowballs don’t do much damage. So unless they were made faster or snowballs were made to do more damage, I don’t think that this would be a useful enough kit.

Posted May 30, 2019
  9. So the Snow Golem would have 2 damage/ 1 heart and have Speed 1.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2019
  10. I'm going to be honest, this doesn't fit in SG.

Posted May 31, 2019
  11. Hello!

This kit seems interesting, but I have to agree with others on how it doesn't really fit well with Survival Games.

It can already be hard to chase people when they use the rod, bow, or the horse kit and if this kit gets added, the possibilities of being able to stall will exponentially increase.

Having to deal with multiple players in an increasingly shrinking space with multiple arrows and rods being thrown at each other while also getting shot at by snowballs seems to chaotic and clustered and would make it too hard to actually focus on fighting each other.

Interesting idea, but I can't see it being in SG

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  12. Hi there!

I don't think this kit fits in the theme of Survival Games. Having snowballs is annoying as having a fishing rod, which isn't good for the game. Players spamming snowballs, considering there could be multiple players with the same kit would just be out right irritating. We already have bows, rods, eggs, and adding snowballs? Even worse. There's also TNT. Adding too many throwable items makes the game less vanilla than it already is. It doesn't fit the game overall.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  13. Projectile is not dangerous if you are far away, plus the snowballs can be blocked in a barrage by running in a spiral to your enemy.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2019
  14. I'm not saying they are dangerous, but it gets annoying considering all of the projectiles currently in the game. If you are in deathmatch, you have players with bows, rods, and even snowballs? That feels like a lot of clutter to me. It also doesn't fit the theme of Survival Games at all in my opinion.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  15. @Overdog Im going to remove the snow golem ability and make this a snowball Java Kit

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2019
  16. An achievement kit or kit fix is what's needed for SG, the snowball kit is just like snowballs on cake wars, and there is already a few throwing kits.

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  17. Hi there,

There isn't too much elaboration and detail to this suggestion so I don't have much to comment on, but based on what you've given us, I think this kit would be a bit spammy. Unlike using fishing rods, you can easily spam these snowballs, and with your suggestion of 4 snowballs at once, it can be pretty spammy. Honestly, I'm not against the idea of a new kit, especially an achievement kit, but some more detail would be nice. c:

Posted Jun 4, 2019
  18. I know there are other projectiles, but I'm curious why people say its spammed while Snow Golem kit on SSM can shoot like 15 snowballs, and no; not all projectiles are detonated at once!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2019
  19. Couldn't of said it better myself. Your idea is great, has a foundation, and all. Its just missing a few things. And it doesn't do much damage (until you updated it) like others said. I, personally, don't feel this fits SG as a whole, and something better for an achievement kit would've been extra and special, just like the horseman.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  20. Because SG is more Vanilla oriented than SSM. You won’t doing much with 4 snowballs in SSM, but in more Vanilla styled combat, snowballs are very good at starting combos.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.