• 661 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11616 Players Online
  • 10955 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Survival Games Update (03/22/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by EmmaLie, Mar 22, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hello there! We’re back again very soon after the Bridges update with another game update! This time we’re changing up Survival Games a little bit. Once again this update has been made possible by you, all because everything has been inspired by your feedback and suggestions!

I’d like to give a special shout-out to our community teams that helped us with the development, Game Insights, and Ideas Team as well as Community Management. So what's this update all about?. Well, this update is once again full of balance changes to kits but there are also some major gameplay changes. Chest refill is making a comeback, the border now does a little bit less damage and players who leave mid-game will now drop their items! And let us not forget about the bug fixes, ever had a supply drop stuck in a tree? Those times are now over! For a full list of changes check out the change-log below.​

Survival Games Changelog:

Lootpool:

- Decreased the spawn rate of arrows by 50%
    - Decreased the spawn rate of flint by 50%
    - Decreased the spawn rate of feathers by 50%
    - Decreased the spawn rate of gold ingots by 25%
    - Decreased the spawn rate of iron equipment in the middle by 25%
    - Added iron ingots to regular chests

Kit Changes:

Axeman

- Added 1-second cooldown to Axe Thrower

Horseman

- Decreased horse health by 50%

Assassin

- Removed Assassin's Eye

- Added Assassin's Compass

- Assassins will now receive a compass which will point to the nearest player every 8 seconds

- The compass will not reveal who the player is or how far away they are

Bomber

- Added Flak Jacket passive granting Bombers a 50% damage reduction to all explosions

Archer

- Removed Quickshot

- Added Barrage

- Left-click with a bow to toggle Barrage

Barbarian

- Removed regeneration effect per kill

Gameplay Changes:

- Reintroduced chest refill after 7 minutes
    - Decreased the damage dealt by the border to 1 HP per second
    - Increased additional hearts to 6 during the grace period
    - Attacking another player will remove the additional hearts
    - Players leaving mid-game will now drop their items
    - Lily Pads and Vines can no longer be picked up
    - Added game time to scoreboard

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed supply drops spawning in inaccessible areas
    - Fixed items being saved in ender chests between games
    - Fixed Bombers being able to put TNT in chests
    - Fixed player bodies spawning in the game lobby
    - Fixed spectators being able to break boats

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  2. First!

Another really cool update. I'm glad to see that they're starting to roll out super quick now. A bridges and SG update within the same month is insane. Shoutout to GI, CoM and Production for this update, and hopefully this will be a sign of many more to come in the future :)

Champions update next? ;)

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  3. So great to see another game update so soon after the Bridges one! Most of these changes look pretty good, can’t wait to test them out!

Posted Mar 22, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 22, 2020
  4. SG UPDATE SG UPDATE SG UPDATE

If we screwed anything up balance-wise I'll take that fall. Definitely hope we didn't though.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  5. So great to see that Mineplex is finally listening to the community and releasing long-awaited game updates! Keep up the great work guys!

ssm next? ;)

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  6. why bother releasing an sg update if you're not going to fix the invis horse bug

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Senwei, mab8400, lohra and 4 others like this.
  7. fix the bridges bomber glitch pls

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  8. Glad to see one of my favourite games updated! Keep up the great work.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Dallarth and Im_Ken like this.
  9. Wow! I'm honestly so happy to see yet another game update so soon after one was just released! Honestly, I really like the way these updates are being pulled off by involving almost all of the subteams like IT, GI, and even CoM! SG is one of those games that didn't receive an update in a very long time and I'm glad developers are actively looking into games that haven't been touched in a long time and making updates for them! If we can expect to see this type of schedule happening for the rest of the year then I'm not worried about any of the games lacking updates anytime soon! Once again, fantastic job to everyone who's been involved!! Can't wait to see what game gets updated next! :D

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  10. ANOTHER GAME UPDATE! WOOP WOOOP!

I'm super happy that we have gotten two new game updates recently! I'm also really happy with the fact that Game Insights's document was taken into account when creating the update. Huuuuuuge shoutout to Sobki for working on these updates, as they are greatly appreciated by the entire community. However, the real question is, when are new going to see a Champions, the best game on Mineplex, update? :eyes:

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    derfp, GAM, Korben and 4 others like this.
  11. It's great to see another game update so soon after the Bridges update! I'm glad to see the changes, most of them look good and I'm excited to try them out.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  12. I like the idea of more frequent updates, even though they're balancing instead of adding new content. Good job guys.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  13. Finally, this update was released after a long enough time of testing! Thanks for everyone who made this update possible, mostly GI & QA/T teams. I hope people will enjoy that as SG was one of the games which haven't got any updates for more than a year and which is popular enough game.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    wattywatty14 and Im_Ken like this.
  14. As someone who profusely abused archer kit, this is pretty nice.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    wattywatty14 and lohra like this.
  15. I'm happy but was the invis horseman glitch fixed? Not on the list but feel like that should have been a pretty high priority.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    Im_Ken, mab8400, lohra and 4 others like this.
  16. Very happy to see two consecutive game updates within the same month. :)

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  17. Holy I didn’t expect this gonna he so fast or mineplex have like 100 developers and the hide them or our 5 devs do great job

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  18. Fix horse invis glitch too pls

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    lohra, Momma, pinfoil and 1 other person like this.
  19. A lot of these changes are actually really good and I'm glad to see two new game updates! I know a lot of people will be happy with this because a lot of people enjoy survival games.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  20. Really glad to see another update in such quick succession to the bridges update. Looks absolutely marvelous good work everyone that could make this update possible. :)

Posted Mar 22, 2020