• 631 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9069 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Tag SSM

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by JerThePlayaa, Jan 7, 2019.

?

Ok?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, but finish WIPs asw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hey, it me. The guy who despises Lightning Shield

I've been thinking one day (would be concerning if I didn't) and I suddenly thought "Tag SSM".

"What is Tag SSM?"

Well, it's explained pretty easily. You are able to choose two kits instead of just one.

"How would it work?"

In the game lobby you will have 2 selection slots that can have 1 kit each.

For example, in the selection GUI you will see a light blue and a yellow glass pane. If you click on the light blue one, you will select the kit for Slot 1, thus clicking on the yellow one will select it for Slot 2. Additionally, you can only select each kit once so you can't go for a Spider/Spider duo.

"What are the precise mechanics to this? Are there any special rules?"

When the game starts you logically spawn as the kit you chose for Slot 1. In the hotbar, you will get a new item (probably a redstone repeater, still thinking about it), using this item will activate the tag mechanic:

Tagging

Tagging is the core mechanic of this idea. You will be able to switch between the two kits you selected by right clicking the redstone repeater. However, there will be a 15 or 20 second cooldown after switching kits. Each kit will have their own health meter. While kit x or y is in stock (AKA not on the field) regeneration will be slowed down to 50% (for example, Skeleton's regen goes from 0.2HP/s to 0.1HP/s when in stock), anything else will be slowed down to 33%, like ability cooldowns, arrow recharge, Pig's energy charge, etc. (Example: Roped Arrow cooldown goes from 5s/6s [can't remember it from the top of my head] to 15s/18s). Everything will turn back to normal when the kit goes back on the field.

WIP/Unofficial Ideas:

Assist Moves:

By dropping the redstone repeater you can call the kit in stock on the field and perform a unique assist move for each kit. Assist moves will generally have a 10 second cooldown that also takes place of the tag cooldown, meaning you can't do either while the cooldown is active. You can also attack the mob before it executes the attack. Each move has a 0.5 second startup, attacking a mob in this time window will interrupt the assist, deal x+2 damage to the mob and call it back to stock.

Example: Poison Cloud (Spider)

Sprays a poison cloud into the direction you're facing. The cloud is stationary, has a 3x3x2 radius and actively inflicts Poison I for 1 second per second in it.

====================================================

Tag Related Passives:

Each kit could also have their unique tag related passive that can have effect on the stock, the other kit on the field or directly on swap. Here are examples of each:

Comfortable Nest (Chicken): While in stock, Chicken's regeneration won't be decreased

Iron Will (Iron Golem): While in stock, if the other kit has below 5 bars of armor, give it one more. Otherwise, give it half a bar.

Explosive Comeback (Creeper): When getting back on the field, give each enemy within 5 blocks a small amount of knockback

====================================================

Any proper feedback is appreciated

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  2. I actually quite like the idea. Only problem I could see with this is balancing, of course. You could do something like Slime/Spider or Creeper/Spider where you stall with Spider and, because of how high regen Slime and creeper is, it'll still work out.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  3. About the high regen, each kit has their individual hp bar and the restrictions in stock make stalling way less effective. I at least put that to consideration. Thanks for the feedback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2019
  4. Hey!
    This is a pretty creative idea and definitely has an interesting concept. Personally I also don't enjoy fighting against players using the creeper kit because of how well it counters due to the Lightning Shield. I'm not really sure if this should be implemented for a few reasons, but I do see where you're coming from.

I am a pretty active SSM player and being able to play two kits in the same game seems like it would be really cool. It's always fun to experiment with the different kits so this would be very nice feature.
    I see a bit of an issue with this mainly because of one reason. So, here's a little leak incoming about an update coming sometime later this month. Along with a change to the main lobby, the queuing system will be having some major changes. They've been made to make joining games more efficient, this means less waiting around. As it stands there will no longer be game lobbies to wait in, this will make a lot more sense when the update is actually released and you can experience and see it for yourself. Because of this you wouldn't be able to pick your kits in the game lobby for obvious reasons stated above. Perhaps you could create your kit combinations in the NPC somehow.

I'm assuming that Tag SSM would be another gamemode with it's own section on the Super Smash Mobs NPC? This would mean three different versions of the game that you could choose from, which would break up the community and make the games even harder to start.

I'll be moving it into the ideas section of the forums where it's better suited. Because of this you'll be able to get some more feedback which may help you to develop it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  5. Firstly, thank you for the feedback!
    I wasn't aware that game queues were gonna be reworked. Regarding that, I assume that you can select the kits via the NPC.

I imagined that Tag SSM would be a sub-category to the already existing two, so you get Solo, Solo Tag, Team and Team Tag SSM.

Other than that I'm glad there don't seem any issues regarding actual gameplay.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2019
    Zipppo likes this.
  6. I love this idea, and I would also love if more people could see this and get involved!

Posted Jan 12, 2019