• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Take a look at the **FANTASTIC** Ocelot Kit!

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by l5x, Dec 28, 2018.

1. l5x

l5x

Hey, I'm going to share my idea of the Ocelot Kit for Super Smash Mobs (herein referred to as SSM),

Ocelot Kit (5000 Gems)
    To begin with, the name sounds pretty boring, so maybe something like Kitty would do a better job.
    Armor: I'm not sure how the numbers work but it would be as follows: Chain helmet, Chain Leggings, and Leather boots.
    Damage: Again, not sure how the numbers work on this but the kit would have an Iron Axe and an Iron Shovel
    Health Regeneration: 0.27
    Knockback Taken: 190%

Now onto the abilities:

Grip Scratch (Iron Axe, ALSO a recover ability) - 5 sec cooldown
    This ability, when used, launches the user in the direction they are facing a total of 4.5 blocks in distance, whichever direction. Should the user come in contact with a block whilst in the air, they will "grip" onto that block and can stay there for 3 seconds (the XP bar will show that timer) and their double jump resets when they come in contact with a block meaning if they have fallen, they can double jump back up. If the user comes in contact with a player, both players immediately stop in place and if any of them are in the air, they fall directly down. The player who is hit by this ability is stuck in place for 1.75 seconds and receives no knockback when hit. For a bit of an image, this ability is like wolf strike with a bit more features.

Hairball Bomb (Iron Shovel) - 9 sec cooldown
    When the player uses this ability, immediately, they "shoot" out <and item that looks like a hairball, maybe a dead bush> like a grenade, once the item has been out for 1.5 seconds, it explodes and a whole lot more of the "hairballs" come flying out of it at different ranges of velocity and distance, the maximum a hairball can travel is 5 blocks whilst the minimum one can travel is 1 block from the originally fired "hairball" and each "hairball" that comes flying out is worth 0.5 points of damage (0.25 hearts), and the number of hairballs that can fly out ranges from 10 - 20. The user is not damaged by this ability and the hairballs can be blocked by obstacles. Normally, the player hit by the hairballs will not take any knockback and will take a "shocking strikes" effect.

Runaway - (Passive)
    This ability is pretty simple, it just gives the ocelot a constant speed 1 buff.

Sugar Rush - (Smash Ability)
    When the user obtains a smash crystal and uses it, the ability Sugar Rush activates. Whilst this ability is active, the regular ocelot skin changes to the mostly white skin. Also, the user's cooldowns are halved in time whilst any enemies on the field have their ability's cooldowns doubled. Furthermore, the user has their regeneration double from 0.27 to 0.54 OR the user can gain regeneration 2 and they also gain speed 2

Posted Dec 28, 2018,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2019
  2. Pancake_7

Pancake_7

Heyo
    I feel like Grip could be used as a disadvantage for this kit. If the ocelot is using this to get out of the void and they run into a block, they’ll just die, and when they stick onto a block, a player will hit them. Additionally, when the player runs into another player I think the time of immobility would be better as 1.25 seconds. This ability would be better off simply launching the ocelot 5 blocks and doing 1 heart damage and a mediocre amount of knockback when in contact with another player.
    Hair ball would just look like a lump given the extent of which a block can shoot. Two hearts damage is way too much, too. I suggest this look like one hairball and then send out waves of hair doing 0.75 damage and little knock back if within an 8 block radius.
    Runaway sounds like an okay addition, but I’m going to bring up something I’ve noticed in this kit and mainly why I disagree. All of these abilities promote a run and hit gameplay, which is annoying and not a good thing for a kit to have. Especially this ability, runaway, polishes off the hit and run gameplay of this kit.
    The smash crystal could be interesting. These abilities don’t do much damage, so it would be sort of pointless.
    Overall, I don’t agree because of the hit and run gameplay along with this kit not doing much damage. It also seems a lot like wolf, and a copy of a kit is ...eh.

Posted Dec 28, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 28, 2018
  3. l5x

l5x

Thanks for your suggs on the kit. However, the kit is supposed to be a kit that has great mobility, and if it's capable of performing a "hit and run" stratedgy, then that's just part of the kit. As for your opinions on the Grip Ability, it's supposed to be a recover ability as well, and assuming everything is coded correctly, there should be any issues when running into a block etc.
    And the Hair ball, I can agree that the 2 points of damage (1 heart) is too much so maybe like 0.25 hearts per hairball (0.5 damage points) and also it's supposed to look like a lump, it's a hairball :I.
    As for everything else said, just reiterating that the kit is supposed to be about running and mobility. After all, in vanilla, ocelots run away from people so I mimicked that idea into the kit. The smash doesn't seem too op but it allows the ocelot to spam bombs etc, whilst their opponent cant do much to defend them.
    I personally think that the abilities work well with each other. But I can understand your opinion and I've changed the parts I agree need to be changed.

Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 31, 2018,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2019
  4. Waspter

Waspter

The main problem I see here is with the first ability, You basically get yourself and a player stuck for 3 seconds, correct? I don't think you understand how much 3 seconds is. A wolf, for instance, could kill you in 2 seconds if you do not pay attention and you are letting yourself get hit, which is basically what the first ability does. I do like the kit, but I just don't think it would fit into the meta, and it would be obnoxious for the player to play, and for the enemies to play against. If we get to change some things up, I would definitely want to see this added. It's a neutral vote from me, try to rebalance and rethink the kit a bit and I'll give my final vote.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    l5x likes this.
  5. l5x

l5x

I understand where you're coming from, but a wolf has combo attack which means it can get +6 hearts of damage in like a second, but I'll change according to your opinion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2019
    Waspter likes this.
  6. ImposterK

ImposterK

Ciao! Thank you for sharing your idea. I have tried my best below to give you helpful feedback but I also asked a few questions.

Armor/Weapon:
    Since the hitbox of the Ocelot is small, I believe that the armor is fine. The weapon should be an iron axe.

Grip Scratch:
    This ability is really unique and I think it could work out well. What happens if the Ocelot is hit while using this ability? Do they take knockback? Do they take damage?

Hairball bomb:
    I also really like this ability. I believe that the 3 seconds should be reduced to 1.5 seconds or maybe even less. Three seconds gives players lots of time to get out of the 5 block radius making this ability very weak.

Runaway:
    This passive makes the Ocelot much more difficult to hit. Because the hitbox of the Ocelot being very small, I do not think that this ability is needed and it would probably annoy everyone that played against it. I recommend removing it.

Sugar Rush:
    This ability is unlike any other ability but I think it’ll work. Good job!

Overall, I like the idea. I believe it could work with some changes. Good luck!

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    l5x likes this.
  7. l5x

l5x

Thanks a lot, Imposter!

Just to let you know, the primary weapon was already an Iron Axe, but aside from that, I've updated the thread in accordance of your criticism!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2019