• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Taser Kit Buff?

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by OwOreo, Dec 28, 2019.

?

Should taser be buffed?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The taser kit has TERRIBLE armor. It's worse than even RADAR which says a lot. Obviously if the ability were nice then it would balance out, but THE ABILITY ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD. It's cooldown is extremely long which makes it practically useless especially considering your accuracy has to be near perfect with it which is almost impossible since the projectile moves slow and is basically useless against anyone walking over a pixel a second due to not being able to hit them. And if somehow you do get a hit on a hider, the effect lasts barely any time and does almost nothing. Taser is just. BAD. EDIT: Armor actually isn't terrible, it's the same level as TNT and Radar apparently. Both of which are weak but this balances out due to their good abilities.

So, how could we make it less terrible and maybe a viable option?
    A) Projectile speed. Make it faster, maybe even instant like a laser. Faster than a slug at least. A hider using hyper boost can outrun it.
    B) Projectile area. Make it so like if you hit within 3 blocks of a hider it will shock.
    C) Projectile cooldown. Make it something more bearable around or less than 10 seconds at least.
    D) Armor. Give taser armor that's not paper and can be killed in 4 hits from a hider with hyper getting crits.
    E) Effect. Make the effect of the taser last longer, be stronger, or do damage rather than just an effect.
    EDIT:
    F) Change the ability. Maybe something like shocking hider?

Overall taser is bad and LITERALLY NOBODY USES IT. So it might as well not be there. If it were improved, it would add more variety to the game and add more strategy options for hunters and spice up something that's starting to get kinda old. EDIT: Armor actually isn't terrible, it's the same level as TNT and Radar apparently. Both of which are weak but this balances out due to their good abilities.

I'm a hider, why would I want a harder challenge? Well, because IT'S TOO EASY. Taser kit is like a piece of paper, it's easily and quickly decimated and the most damage it can do is a paper cut. It's boring. I want some sort of fun new challenge.

Posted Dec 28, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 28, 2019
  2. yes, i agree

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. I think Taster Hunter could be made very interesting if it had the shocking ability of Shocking Hider. Of course, the weapon's base damage would still be weak, but the shocking effect would make the kit cooler and would still be fairly balanced with the Shocking Hider kit.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    afterfive and FluteVegetables like this.
  4. Taser should really have better armor and ability. If not better armor than make it do more damage
    (edit: the taser should have an AOE :3)

Posted Dec 28, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 28, 2019
    CZArkolan likes this.