• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11351 Players Online
  • 8461 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion TDM

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by JAKE/gayblackguyy, May 31, 2020.

1. bring back tdm

Posted May 31, 2020
  2. I could not agree more.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    InfiniteLag likes this.
  3. I am an avid Champions player myself and I did really enjoy TDM when it still existed. However, DOM typically gets around 50-60 players during peak hours. If TDM was re-added, it would split up that player base and make games of DOM even harder to start than it already is. For that reason, I would have to disagree with adding TDM back.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  4. I totally agree. As much as I used to love and play TDM, it wouldn't be good for, like you stated DOM. In addition, I also don't feel like TDM would sustain a good player count. When TDM had an NPC, it was doing worse than DOM is now, which ins't that good. Overall, as much as I would love to see the game return to Mineplex, it wouldn't be best for the DOM players, as well as a good addition to Mineplex in general.

Posted Jun 2, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 2, 2020
    InfiniteLag and Im_Ken like this.
  5. ok then make tdm replace ctf

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2020
    ripnick™ likes this.
  6. I agree with @Vytas and @ripnick™. TDM was fun to play, but I don't think that the Champions player base count currently doesn't justify it's return. There would be less DOM games as a result and virtually no CTF games (which would especially be bad considering CTF has underwent somewhat of a very small revival - games now start daily, although credit has to go to the CTF2 in-game community for that). TDM replacing CTF has been suggested in the past so that could be a viable option though, but we do have the CTF community to keep in mind too. Overall, I have mixed feelings about seeing TDM return.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  7. It is an interesting topic. TDM had plenty of players back in the day and its popularity was somewhat level with Dominate. I had a lot of fun playing the gamemode with most of my Champions wins stemming from it.

i just don't think it's a high quality game, if that makes sense. Especially nowadays when Mineplex has got less players than in 2015 or 2016, it wouldn't feel rewarding to wait for a game to start only to be killed at the start. Although I personally enjoy more strategic games like in TDM where you only have one shot, many players, especially younger ones, don't have the patience and would rather respawn and get back into action quickly after dying. Otherwise, everything is the same - the maps, the kits, team sizes, you name it. With many games removed anyway because of the lack of players and dev power, Mineplex could use as much variety as possible, and while I find CTF a bit boring, it's still got many twists that make it different from Dominate, and according to Ken there's a community that keeps it alive as well.

If MP were to reach higher playercounts, I'd be down for returning the game. As of now, I unfortunately can't see it being brought back anytime soon.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    JAKE/gayblackguyy and Im_Ken like this.
  8. I actually made a post recently about this here https://www.mineplex.com/threads/bring-back-team-death-match.126635/. I think adding TDM would be good for champions. I agree it could lead to some people leaving DOM but it will bring back players and draw more attention to the game mode. Replacing CTF with TDM is another option but I saw my favorite game mode, TDM, removed, and I would not want the same to happen to players who love CTF.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  9. I should say yes I agree but actually I don't and here is why.
    I agree with the point that @Vytas made there. And I don't think it will be fun to play, cause mostly people will play OP kits like Smoke assassin, rupture ice prison mage, veng ripo knights, heavy arrows ranger etc. So playing that with 1 live only will not work out for that also I guess. With DOM and CTF you still have respawns which you can clutch easier by choosing different kits.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  10. I like TDM a lot. There has to be some way Mineplex can add it without splitting up the Champions players base. Even if CTF has to be removed, I would will still want TDM.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  11. @Arshaad_73 Just curious, did you play TDM when it was still on the server?

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Arshaad_73 likes this.
  12. Hi there!

I wasn't really a fan of TDM so personally I don't want it back but for all the others who do I doubt it will be making a return unless players start playing DOM again. As of now the DOM player base barely reaches 70 players and they're all in DOM and if TDM was to be added this would bring down the players a lot and the games would take way longer to start, or there will be games that start but it will be the same people all the time. I understand that in DOM every game normally has the same players but at last you can still change lobbies as sometimes they'll be at least 3-5 DOM games currently started. If this happened I could see players complaining that they're in the same game with all the same sweats and personally I wouldn't want that either.

Overall the Idea is great and I'm sure a lot of people would love to see this game added back but with the DOM community it's way to small and it simply just won't have enough players. -1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  13. Heyo,

I was a fan of all three Champions game-modes, and it was a little upsetting seeing the removal of TDM. Having said that, I do not believe simply adding TDM back is the correct approach for Mineplex. Dividing an already small champions community over three games would cause games to have difficulty filling (CTF already has difficulty). As for the argument of simply removing CTF for TDM, CTF does have a small community who would be upset, as the people who favored TDM are currently. On top of that there are also the CTF achievements, that require the game.

I believe a better approach would be rotating both TDM and CTF, if that is currently possible. This way both game communities are satisfied, the champions community will not be heavily divided, and the achievement will still be possible. Another added benefit may be the rotation could even cause the games to have a few days of hype after they are re-released on lets say a two week cool-down, because they will not have been played for some time.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  14. Yep, I did play TDM back in the days. I loved it tho, but not anymore.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  15. Yo I forgot to say that if Champions gets a balance rework on all kits, it might be possible to add TDM back tho.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  16. A lot of people are saying that DOM doesn't bring in enough people to warrant TDM's return. Looking exclusively at the people who play DOM doesn't give the full picture. Personally, I stopped playing champions all together when TDM left but would without a doubt return to TDM. I can't speak for everyone but I do believe there are some people like me who don't play DOM but would play TDM.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  17. I agree with this. I think this would drastically expand and improve the Champions community.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  18. Tf no, that would probably **** off most of the people of CTF2 (Not everyone there actually supports CTF lol), I think however TDM can come back once it gets updated properly so it gains players, and gets enough to bring back TDM, it's fun in MPS, and hopefully it can come back without replacing any other game.
    no

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  19. There is one idea I have that could potentially get TDM players without deleting CTF. Back in 2015 Champions wasn't technically a game. There was just Dominate and Team Death Match. They were completely different games, but they used the same kits.I think if TDM was separate from the other Champions modes, then it wouldn't be in the shadow of Dominate, and it might get more players.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  20. Yeah I think that might be possible, if in this would also make the games it's own NPC, some players may click it so it gets new players, +1 to that idea if you're suggesting as some players may come to it (As in newbies, and probably this is gonna come out after the update where it's getting balanced and newbie friendly).

Posted Jun 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 29, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.