• 526 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8964 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Team Build Battles/ Build swap for bedrock edition

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Th3Muff1nMqn, Jul 7, 2019.

1. What the title says.

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  2. Could you explain it more and why it should be added?

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  3. Yes I can. Team build battles is basically a regular build battles match but u have one teammate to help u out. Build swap is a minigame where u build the theme against another player and everyone votes who's build was better. Then when voting is done u switch builds and get a new theme to work with. This repeats for 3 times. Why should it be added? Because I'm kinda bored of playing the same games on bedrock edition there needs to be change something new

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2019
  4. I wouldn't be opposed to this mode on bedrock, especially since I only have pocket edition so pvp/more competitive game types aren't very easy for me - So another casual mode would be nice, especially when it's something you can kick back and play with friends :P

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  5. I’m not really opposed to it, but the point of master builders is to show your skills of building. Having a teammate will require more communication and teamwork than games like Cake wars or turf wars

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  6. But Build swap is to show your creativity and how u can overcome building obstacles so. lets say the theme is dinosaur and then u switch themes to something totally unrelated like schoo
    --- Post updated ---
    i mean the communication part can help people make friends that way

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2019
  7. Hello @Th3Muff1nMqn

The Build Battles for Bedrock does sound like a perfectly sound idea if there is enough support and desire for it. However, for Build Swap I suggest revising the concept in some aspects. As a fairly decent builder myself, I find it hard to take someone else's build and improvise and try to make them better. Now this is not due to being incapable of it but due to the way my creative mind thinks. Instead of build swapping, maybe you could have a set inventory of blocks to build with and after 2.5 mins the blocks switch and you have to try building with a new palette.

Just a thought.
    SourSky

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  8. But that's the challenge of build swap its difficult to take someone's build and improve it but u find a way around the challenge. And the minigame u described kinda sounds like a longer speed builders.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way build swap is already a minigame. Not sure what server this is but whatever . Skip to 8:20 for the build swap part

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2019
  9. can we add it on java too

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  10. If people also want it on java, then it will probably be added

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 8, 2019
  11. This is a cool idea. However, I do not think this idea would work out well in Java due to the lack of players; this variation of Master Builders will split the player base of the game even more. In Bedrock, I think this would work out pretty well as they have plenty of players to keep the variations of Master Builders. Therefore, I think restricting this idea for Bedrock would be a good idea as the games will likely receive enough support from players.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  12. Heyo!

I agree with @AceSJus. This game is very similar to speed builders, and personally, I feel it could lack players and not get a lot of attention. I believe this game could suit well within the Bedrock server as there are a lot of players. Anyways, this is a great idea, I just feel that it should be a bedrock game.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    AceSJus likes this.