• 275 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8713 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Team Gladiators

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Kristo, Jan 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Introducing Team Gladiators
    By Kristo
    Name of Game: Team Gladiators
    -
    Main Idea: This game is pretty self-explanatory based on the title, it is basically a game just like gladiators but with a team. You may think this game is just like TDM, however, it is not. In this game, you will start with Leather, then Gold, then Chainmail, then Iron. Just like in gladiators.
    -
    Description: This game would basically be gladiators with two people per team. The game starts off with everyone picking their teams. There are 8 teams, each with two players on them. The player count, to start a game would be around 16. The game will be just like the original gladiators except you have a teammate.
    An alternative that I have been suggested is to have teams of 4 instead of teams of 2. Let me know what you think of that. (4 teams of 4)

-
    Why I think this is a good idea: Most players have friends that they like to party all the time. Another reason I think this should be implemented. We have so many team-based games here on Mineplex. But there is no game mode where we can just do classic pvping with a friend. If we had this game, it would be a great way to practice synergy.
    -
    Please feel free to leave feedback

-

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  2. How would 4 teams in gladiators work? It's supposed to be a 1v1 type game that is made for 1v1ing other players, I don't really see how this would work out.

And considering gladiators by itself is rather dead, I'd assume that team gladiators wouldn't go much better

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  3. I'm actually quite interested in this being implemented. I play 4v4 on the other server if I can't play Mineplex for whatever reason and it's my favourite game. Seen as Gladiators is dying, this has the potential to revive the community. The game only starts at 16 players and doesn't allow new joiners after that correct?

Something I'd change with team gladiators is to double the arena area for doubles and quadruple for quads. I think the current size for any of those 2 game modes is too claustrophobic.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  4. I like the idea but there's one problem. A big one. Gladiators is meant to be a 1v1 game. And it will still be one unless two players double team another because each player will fight 1 player on the other team. Even then, if someone's teammate sees someone being 2v1ed, they will jump and it will be a double 1v1 battle

Posted Jan 13, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. I do like the sound of this idea, but I'm kind of mixed with it.

For one thing, Gladiators was intended to just be 1v1 pvp. If we added a teams mode, I think it would defeat the purpose of the game in the first place. Also, Gladiators isn't as popular as it once was, so I think it'd be pretty hard to fill up game lobbies because the game has lost so much popularity.

Although, I think that myself personally would have fun with an addition like this, so whenever I play with my friends I can be teamed with them and do classic pvp. I'm not sure if this would ever be implemented, but I'm kind of so-so on the idea as a whole.

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  6. Hey!

I’m not really a fan of the 4 person teams, but I am a fan of the two player teams. I think it would be great to have two player teams in gladiators, as it would help improve player team work and it would be cool to see certain players clutch in a 2v1. I think this is a great idea and I hope a version of this is implemented!
    +1

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  7. This seems like an interesting and definitely cool concept, but I agree with @Heliology. GLD is certainly not a team game and more intended for 1v1s, that's what TDM kind of was in its essence. I just feel it lacks which means it really wouldn't be worth it or really capture user's attention enough to constantly play it and to really love the game.​

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  8. Ay,
    Although intended to be a 1v1 style game, this type of game mode has actually been put into place on many other hardcore PvP/Practise/HCF servers, and to be honest - I really like it.
    The game is fair since both teams have an equal amount of players. Although double-teaming (2v1's) might seem to be an issue, you almost always end up fighting one player at a time, unless teams are very unbalanced in terms of skill and one team gets wiped quickly.

I wouldn't mind seeing this! Great idea - big oeuf points for you!

Posted Jan 13, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Hii,

I really like how unique the idea is! As we all know, PVP is the most trending thing on Minecraft. This will definitely help improve the server a lot. Before it got removed and placed into Mixed Arcade and Nano Games it was one of my favorite games. In conclusion, I would definitely like to see this be implemented and hopefully bring back the original Gladiators.

Sincerely,

-Dan

Posted Jan 13, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. Hey there! I'm not generally again this idea of team gladiators, however it might be unfair if someone got a teammate that wasn't very good or was afk. Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  11. Hey there! I do like this idea I think it will make it more quicker and more challenging but as of what Oscar and Heliology said, "how would 4 teams in gladiators work?" It is supposed to be only a 1v1 that's why the name Gladiators came up. It's based for 1v1's.

Posted Jan 13, 2019