• 1187 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3271 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Team Switchers

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Post Boosting
    Um, you only win if your original team hits 16 players and the original 4 of the team win. Plus, why would people give up? And what does exploiting mean?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019,
    Last edited May 20, 2019
  1. This entire thread is obviously Cupi just trying to get more "posts" his other account was banned for spam and mingey content..

Posted May 19, 2019
  2. This would be obviously NOT true if you have known better.

I clearly saw there was a ticket for something else, I think it was something like security reasons. I can't remember exactly as the email had been deleted after I saw it. If you are trying to make people against me, go all for it! Keep in mind that this is a lie. Plus Admins/Mods don't ban people for bad ideas, and if that happened, I'd get forum banned (duhh). Also, I'd be warned for post boosting.

Oh, and I can't believe that @leo_thya believes what you said @Jaxxy

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019,
    Last edited May 20, 2019
  3. I like where you're going with this idea, although I think you need some more expansion. Right now, it's too similar to Micro Battles or Nano Battles in Nano, and I think that this would just become players sacrificing themselves because their team is looking good for the win. This game needs to be a bit different from Micro Battles to actually get its own playerbase, like stated above. Another thing, if this were to be its own separate game (not a Nano game) then I'd like to see what you have in mind for possible kits or maps. Right now I think that this game will benefit the most from being a Nano game.

Posted May 19, 2019
  4. There are different definitions of post boosting. For one, there is post-boosting according to the Mineplex rules. According to this post-boosting rule, you are not able to be punished for it. Post-boosting could also mean literally, "trying to boost one's post count", which you basically said yourself, openly, on your own wall. So don't think I believe him just because he said it, I have my own reasons and things I've observed myself.

Anyways, this is off-topic.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Jaxxy likes this.
  5. The map is like a small arena, and yes, I will add kits, but you can give kit ideas for this
    --- Post updated ---
    I think @Jaxxy might be actually trying to Slander me, or trying to turn people against me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    Nope, just pointing out the obvious, you make pointless forum threads, even stating on your profile that you are 1/18 away from your goal of beating the amount of posts you had on your previous account.
    --- Post updated ---
    https://imgur.com/ONmqlxk

Posted May 19, 2019
  6. Heyo!

I gave my opinion on the previous thread I believe addressing this idea, but I'll restate. This may get repetitive and boring, not including how people could indirectly team. Also, what would be the point when you're trying to die to get onto the winning team almost? Sorry, this is a -1 from me because I don't think it would be a good active game to play.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Jaxxy likes this.
  7. THREAD NOTICE

I don't really have an opinion on this, but from what I am seeing, this thread is clearly gearing off topic. Let's remember that this is 'New Game Discussion'. This means you should be discussing the idea at hand, not each other, their profiles, etc. This thread is going to become a flame war soon if you guys don't sort this out privately and appropriately. I'll be reviewing this thread to hopefully see an improvement in the context of some of the replies on this thread. I'd rather not have to lock this, so this notice is here to allow you guys to actively and constructively contribute to the thread.

Posted May 19, 2019
    CupAWup, SpitefulNick, oeod and 2 others like this.
  8. Im confused because wdym players sacrificing themselves to team? Is it giving up on your team, you've gotta at least try. Also, how do you make this different from Micro Battles?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2019,
    Last edited May 20, 2019
  9. I don't really agree with this. Almost every game that is played would be thrown as players that aren't on the winning team would simply die to the winning team to join them and get the win. I do like the idea of joining the team you die to, but there has to be a different goal in the end. The game would be abused if the goal was to be on the larger team.

I'd say the winner would be one individual who had the least team switches, meaning they died the least of all players. Of course, this game would have to last at least three minutes and enable hunger (lose hunger when not attacking, gaining hunger when attacking) and could even be its own Nano Game. I think this idea has potential at its roots, but I don't think what you've suggested would work well with the server.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest this idea. -0.5

Posted May 20, 2019
  10. I would definitely echo this question. I feel like if I died and was placed on a team I didn’t like per se, I may not put any effort into helping my new team as my friend may be on a different team. This game idea (although extremely interesting) relies on the assumption that people will play regardless of their team affiliation. As we know, in party/friends situations the changing of teams can be adversarial to the overall gameplay of this game.

I like the idea and I think it would be a cool nano game to have, but I am unsure whether the constant changing of teams would have any adverse impacts on the overall gameplay experience.

Posted May 20, 2019
  11. I actually like the concept of this game and think it would be great fun! However this lacks quite a lot of detail and the answer to a lot of questions so perhaps if more details could be provided such as:

Are there any kits? If so what kits?
    How long does the game last?
    Ideas for any achievements?

I think this would really help people to get a better understanding of the game but I think something like this may be better suited perhaps as a Nano game instead of the minigame in Quick! where you have zombies chasing you and think that this would definitely be a better alternative to that game mode. Also as stated above there would probably need to be some time limit on the game or rounds as people could easily just keep this game going for a while and going back and forth which could perhaps make games a little irritating for the players.

Posted May 20, 2019
  12. 1. I did add 1 kit (Will add more kits though you can suggest some).

2. The max time is 5 minutes. The game lasts till one team has 16 players. And the original 4 of that team actually win. If 5 minutes have passed but no winner, the team with the most players win instead!

3. I don't have any achievement ideas yet, but you can suggest some!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2019
  13. This sounds like a really neat idea for a game, although I think it'd work better as a Nano game rather than its own game mode. If this was made into a Nano game then kits wouldn't necessarily be required which could help keep this simpler. Although, as a few people have mentioned there's some issues with the winning system and the potential trolls that would throw the game. I've thought of a few fixes, but also found downsides to them as well.

At first I thought that instead of everyone on the winning team getting the win, only the players that started on that team would get the win and the others would be counted as a loss. Except that in this case players wouldn't be motivated to help the team that they got moved to, and would most likely let their original team kill them so they can get changed back.
    However, if a sweep happened (such as red coming in and taking out all of yellow) then there's no way for the original yellow team to win since all their players have been moved to another team. So with no way to win they'd most likely throw the game, or just quit and find a new lobby.

So with that thought in mind all players on the winning team should get a win so that there's motivation to help another team win when the person gets killed and moved to another side. Although players would just throw the game when they see a team winning which is the original problem.
    A separate stat could be added though. So players originally on the team would get a "win" and anyone moved to that team could get an "assisted win" (an assisted win would also get fewer rewards than a full win, but more rewards than a loss) but maybe that's complicating things too much.

I like the concept of the game, but it seems to me that there's no best way to approach this and it just comes down to an honor system. A system that requires players to be fair and fight for the team they're on even if they don't get any win stats, which unfortunately isn't likely to happen in my opinion.

Posted May 20, 2019
  14. Updates: Turned the 4 teams of 4, to 2 teams of 8 (I hope this reduces sacrificing). Also, I added "assisted wins" as suggested by @GuitarHero_King!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019
  15. Well I think this is a great idea

Posted May 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.