• 607 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11622 Players Online
  • 11015 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned #Team Trees Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jaek, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Hello!

I've come here today with an idea that has been discussed in the marketing channel of the Community Insights Discord, which is having a fundraiser in the shop to help donate to Team Trees, an organization that is trying to reach a goal of raising $20 million USD to plant 20 million trees by January 2020. All trees will be planted from starting in 2020. For more info on Team Trees, you can visit -unapproved link-.

Now, what we're suggesting is having a fundraiser to help donate. This could be done in many ways, so here are some ways it could be done:

-Give a "Tree Planter" title and "Plant a Tree" Gadget to all players who purchase a rank or rank upgrade (similar to the Back to School 2019 sale). Collect 50% of all of these sales and donate them to Team Trees.

-Make an Omega Chest bundle with 2 Omega Chests, "Tree Planter" title, and "Plant a Tree" Gadget. Sell for $4 USD and send 50% of these sales and donate them to Team Trees.

-Only sell the two cosmetics proposed "Tree Planter" and "Plant a Tree" for about $2 USD and donate 50% of the sales to Team Trees.

Info on Cosmetics
    Tree Planter title:
    -Light green text with dark green changing characters surrounding it.

Plant a Tree gadget:
    -Represented by Oak Sapling in the Gadgets Menu.
    -Right click grass anywhere in a lobby to plant a tree that lasts 15 seconds with the cooldown being 30 seconds.

Another addition is that you can choose to donate extra money for the cause, in which you will be promoted if you wanted to donate some extra trees (if this would take too long to make, then don't worry about it).

At the end of the sale, Mineplex will count up how much in sales they made from the bundle, and donate that money on the Team Trees website with "Thank you to the [# of sales] Tree Planters of Mineplex that helped this cause! Mineplex's Social Media team could also make a tweet with the donation picture to bring more attention to Mineplex and make the network look better.

I think this needs to be heavily considered, with doing this would make Mineplex look better and help out the environment. I'm open to hearing some feedback on this so feel free to do so!

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    CupAWup, Sickle, GAM and 19 others like this.
  2. This sounds like a super good idea!

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  3. Hey there!

I really adore the idea of Mineplex donating to a huge fundraiser that raises awareness about keeping our planet oxygenated by planting lots of trees (obviously there are many benefits to planting trees than just providing oxygen for us humans but I won't touch on that because I don't want to bore you with something you probably already know).

With this idea, there would be challenges; this idea, if it was to get implemented has to go live on the network really fast as we have only about 2 months left until donations are no longer accepted. The goal is going to be reached pretty soon too, possibly within the next few weeks as there is over 14 million dollars worth of donations out of 20. After we get feedback from this idea, I cannot stress how important it is to forward the idea straight to the production and development teams to be able to make this happen.

Another point that I want to touch on is that we need use more than one of these methods of taking in donations; by simply having only one of your methods implemented it might not be as beneficial as counting all the methods you provided into consideration. Let's take this following method for example:

Even though this method could be beneficial, I don't think it would work out great as we have lots of players that have the rank Eternal on our network (including me and you c;). If this method was the only method that was going to be implemented, then we wouldn't raise as much money and awareness as having both this method and other methods that you provided. To add onto that, I suggest having all the funds that come into the shop within the next few weeks donated towards the charity and the players would automatically get rewarded with the incentives.

Overall, I really like your idea and I'll give it a +1 as it can be both beneficial towards our planet and the network! ;)

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM, FluteVegetables and Jaek like this.
  4. I think this is an epic idea, but it would be difficult to execute.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  5. I am NOT Supporting it
    We are here on Mineplex to play and not to send money for guys who plant trees and those "global warming friends"
    Global Warming is a huge scam, it was way hotter back in time. They only do it so they can sell OIL more expensive and earn alot of money by such things like tree plantings

I say Keep Mineplex gaming releated and not something esle

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  6. That, my friend, is an interesting opinion. You know you aren't required to donate, right?

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    mcckaay, GAM and FluteVegetables like this.
  7. Hey there!

I could not love this idea more. I am a huge supporter of the #TeamTrees movement and would love to see it implemented in some way into Mineplex.

I would love to see the tile like you said, but maybe it could include an entire cons metic set too!

Sorry for the less detailed response as I am in school.

+100

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM and Jaek like this.
  8. I'm not going to comment on the rest of it because... no, but you do realise that no money is earned by planting the trees, right? All donations go towards planting trees. There's nothing in it for the charities other than buying trees with the money donated and planting them.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM, Puppet, Tea and 4 others like this.
  9. Not sure about the rank part, but I think it would be good to have cosmetics where 50% or more goes to the charity. For that matter, it would be cool to do this with a lot of other charities too. Doctors Without Borders or something, could make it a regular rotation.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM, wattywatty14, Jaek and 1 other person like this.
  10. Agreed, I feel as though it would work pretty effectively too because people clearly enjoy spending money on the server for cosmetics, so I don't see why they wouldn't go for charity cosmetics.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    AtlantaTV likes this.
  11. This is a political debate, and I don't think that the Mineplex forums is a place for that. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have posted this, but this may cause a debate.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey!

I think that this could be a nice thing that Mineplex could do, and I like the features that you've suggested for those who donate. An issue that I can see with this is that Mineplex would have to rush this. The fact that we only have 2 months until this whole thing is over can be causing stress for Mineplex. It's soon time for Christmas Caos, and I assume that the production has a lot of things to do already. Maybe they simply don't have time to do this. It is a really good idea, and I like the things that you've suggested for this, but it may be too late to start a whole donation-process now.

Also, the climate-change thing is something that people have different opinions about. Some people think that climate changes are caused by humans, and some people think it's not. It can easily be debated for this subject, and the forums aren't the right place for that kind of debate or any platform for that matter. I'm gonna stay neutral to this. 0

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  12. @Fall @THELichCA
    I had lost a train of thought when typing and meant to put a disclaimer that the rank idea isn't preferable, which means I agree with your statements. However, I wanted to leave that as a possibility because Mineplex had done it in the past and it could still work, just not at the capacity we want it to.

Ok, Boomer. *joke*

All jokes aside, no matter what stance you take with whether or not the concept of global warming is real. Trees are good for everyone in all beliefs, providing oxygen, warming areas, cooling areas, the list could go on forever. Like stated above as well, I you don't support the planting of trees, then you don't have to donate. This affects you in no way, shape or form unless it's positive if Mineplex gains popularity from this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2019
  13. Couldn't have been more well said. Sure, there may be the possibility that global warming isn't happening to the extent we think. But planting trees is beneficial on a much bigger level. Thousands of trees are getting cut down daily, and donating a little money here and there will do nothing but help counteract that.

I absolutely love this idea and you for coming up with it. As I said before, I was at school when I wrote my previous reply so I want to use this as a better place to continue to talk about my opinion.

I think donations and Mineplex helping the world in general would greatly improve our image. It might serve as a slight distraction from all of the other controversy in the server, so I think that helping Mineplex make a positive change in the community outside of the network is a great idea.

For those of you that don't normally browse reddit, #TeamTrees is fairly relevant right now. Doing something like this could help the server gain a lot of popularity from all types of people, and that can only benefit us. I would love to see Mineplex participating.

For the reasons listed in this thread and in this reply, I think this is an amazing idea.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    Jaek likes this.
  14. Hey, Jaekub!

I've been thinking about an idea like this for the last couple of days, and I'm really happy that another community member thought a similar idea! In fact, yours is better than mine. I'll explain why.

My idea that I was coming up with originally had just a plant gadget, where the gadget would build a tree whenever someone right-clicked. I didn't think of adding a title to it.

I've seen other gaming communities do things very similar to this, and I agree that Mineplex should as well. There's already a charity thing happening on Bedrock right now, and I know Java has does charities in the past.

Personally, I think Mineplex should just sell the "Tree Planter" title and the "Plant a Tree" gadget. I think that the price should be raised though because we need to keep in mind that there could be a PayPal transaction fee. On the other hand, the two omega chests could compensate for the PayPal transaction fee.

I had another idea though - what if there was a "bonemeal" gadget? Where if you right-clicked on the grass with it, then flowers and grass would temporarily appear. That could be in the "Team Trees Cosmetic Bundle."

Overall, I'm all for it! Thanks for bringing this into discussion, and I know that I'll personally keep an eye on this thread.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM and Jaek like this.
  15. This is a cool idea, haven't got much to say about it. Instead of having a set price, don't you think it'd be a good idea to open the price range so people can pay any amount above the set price if they wanted and have all of the proceeds go directly to the charity? Say I bought an old chest that cost $0.99, I paid $2.99, $2 extra which would go straight to charity. I know this was possible on Enjin, not sure about Tebex.

About the tree planting gadget, I feel like the cooldown is a little bit too long. Why not instead have it so when the tree is placed, if it's not on a grass block, it replaced a small part of the blocks below it with grass blocks and maybe flowers. Instead of a cooldown, plant a tree with a max of maybe 5 placed by one player, which have to be 6ish blocks from each other, and then they disappear after 45 seconds. The only issue with this is the number of players in a lobby with it, they could spam it. In that case, maybe a server limit is needed? Like 10 or 15?

This is an amazing idea, and maybe we can get on the leaderboard!

This is a cool idea too! Small but cool. Maybe if the developers didn't want to give both at the same time, maybe they could put one in a chest and create 'Environmental Chests' which is probably an awful idea. Anyway I love this idea! +1

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  16. Awesome Idea for the Community! It'll also help mineplex gain a few 2,000 more players or more because you already know Mineplex's player count today. And it'll help the #TeamTrees Too! It's a Win-Win for both communities

Definitely a +100 from me.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  17. I REALLY want this to be added to Mineplex. I see absolutely no issue in having this fundraiser representative, I would rather just have like 80% of our profits being able to go to the fundraiser as it's really close to the 20Mil goal, I personally gave 5 dollars to the cause and if we are going to get decent donation numbers we can't really be hogging half of the profit.

@MedicSoldier I don't know whether that is a joke or something but climate change isn't "fake"? The levels of atmospheric CO2 has risen by around 3.5ppm (parts per million) - this means that the CO2 acts as a greenhouse and reflects sunlight onto the earth. This causes things like ice caps to melt and polar bears to die, ecosystems to be ruined and for other catastrophic effects like flooding.

Trees are really special, even though we chop them down, with things like 'slash and burn' they are so helpful. They go through a reaction called Photosynthesis where CO2 and water are converted into Glucose (C6H12O6) and Oxygen, which helps us to stay alive.

I really don't think it's right to say this is fake and greedy, it's literally a fundraiser to help save the earth. It won't actually do much in the overall picture, but it sets a message for other people that could result in a larger change. Therefore, +1 on this idea - a really good thought!

(Apologies for the science-related reply xD)​

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    GAM, Tea, OJ_hog and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hey there,

This'll be a good thing to implement into Mineplex as a fundraiser towards planting more trees. There are positive and negative reasons to this as Mineplex needs money to keep running as a network and they get their money from people pruchasing ranks or subscribing to PPC. If they were to do this fundraiser they'd have to say 25% or something like that goes to the fundraiser.

I'd leave this at a +0.5

Regards,
    BlackConfig

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  19. Actually, this would make them even more money.

Mineplex doesn't have the suggested items for sale and doesn't have a fundraiser, meaning they currently get $0 from this project as it doesn't exist. If this is implemented, Mineplex's sales will increase because players will want to donate to Team Trees and get the cosmetics as well to help fill their collection. Since Mineplex will collect 50% for their own use, they will still make money from this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2019
  20. This is a super great and creative idea. I really hope it is implemented before the year ends!

Posted Nov 7, 2019