• 2067 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10505 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Teammode OITQ

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, May 17, 2019.

1. So theres 2 teams of 8. They both battle and the first team to 160 kills in total wins. There is a strict AFK and if ur inactive for 1 minute, ur out.

The kits are the same

Posted May 17, 2019
  2. Hey!
    I'm going to have to disagree with this idea because 1.) OITQ doesn't have a ton of players to begin with so usually the games don't fill up. 2.) 160 kills seems like a LOT for this type of game I would say maybe 50-60 kils maximum. 3.) I feel like if it was to be implemented OITQ would have to grow in player base a lot. I somewhat like the team idea I just see this idea as very vague and a lot more thinking could have gone into it.
    -1 from me sorry. :/

Posted May 17, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  3. This is definitely an interesting idea, however I don't think OITQ would make a very good team game mode. OITQ is already kind of a hectic game mode already, which I think is what makes it enjoyable. It can get intense and it's fun to run around and shoot at everyone you see. If there was a team mode, I think it could get a bit confusing and I just imagine players shooting at their teammates a lot. It could be annoying to jump in and get lined up for a perfect shot and then realize it's your teammate. The great thing about OITQ is you don't really need to think about it too much, you can just hop right into the action.

Overall, this is definitely an interesting idea, but I don't believe it'd work very well if implemented.

Posted May 17, 2019
  4. Turf Wars exists. Not quite the same, but still.

Posted May 17, 2019
  5. I do not see a problem with this. Updates usually motivate players to continue playing games and that is what OITQ needs. It only really starts on weekend afternoons were the player count is at its prime. OITQ is an underrated game in general and deserves more recognition. I believe adding a team mode to the game would start their games more frequently. I am interested in trying team OITQ as it does sound like it will be a lot of fun.

The only problem with this idea is that OITQ is an arcade game. No Mixed Arcade game has more than 2 modes. The game would need to be at least somewhat big like Super Smash Mobs, Survival Games, or Cake Wars to have multiple variants of game play. One in the Quiver would no longer be a Mixed Arcade game is a team mode was implemented. On the bright side, 160 kills would enlarge the game overall. A team getting that amount would definitely take longer than just several minutes.

Do you just die or get kicked from the game?

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 18, 2019
  6. I don't think it is a great idea to add OITQ team as a standalone game in Mixed Arcade. It can take longer than expected than the solo OITQ. The problem is that some of the players who are not good at OITQ because they are not good at aiming. I don't play OITQ because I am not good at aiming correctly. We used to host the OITQ team during the event, which was like last year.

Overall, the idea what you have looks interesting, but I don't think it is necessary to add another team gamemode in Mixed Arcade. -1

Posted May 19, 2019
  7. Don't think this is really a good idea. OITQ isn't really a game that works with teams at all, and you also have Turf Wars already which is quite similar and simply works better for teams. -1 from me.

Posted May 19, 2019
  8. If anything, it sounds like something to be played during events, and if things haven’t changed since last time I checked (that was a longgggg time ago), this already existed for the most part, except teams of 4. But really, other than that, you would never be able to start lobbies for this considering most arcade games struggle to start on their own without splitting their communities even more. Also
    t h i s ^ ^ ^

Posted May 19, 2019