• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3384 Players Online
  • 3384 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Testing GWEN

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by BlazeFire, Apr 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've always been curious about the anticheat. I've always wondered whether it's too good (punishing people for nothing) or not good enough (not penalizing people when it should). I got a taste of it once. In late 2016 when it banned me for fly hacking and haven't had any issues since, because that was when I quit cheating, and I never should have in the first place. It seems it's quite good at detecting unnatural movements (flight, speed, high jump, etc.), but I'm not sure about other cheats, mainly those related to combat. I think it's about time I got to the bottom of it. What I'm saying is what to use my main account and my alt to test how good GWEN really is at catching certain things by having them spar (with one cheating) on a private server where it won't disrupt or interfere with anyone else, and then report back my findings for all to see. I know I swore never to cheat again, and that's basically what I'm asking permission to do right now, but this is in a way that will benefit the server without bothering anyone on it. I'm sure GWEN's had plenty of testing and refining already, and yet I still see cheaters run rampant occasionally and it can be awhile before they're caught, I know there are things it could be sharper with. And if I'm gonna do this, I want some kind of assurance I'll be able to get my alt, Blaze_Junior, the one that'll be doing the hacks and ideally getting banned (yes, that's what I want) back without much difficulty. I'll even screen record everything as it happens. All I want is what's best for the server, I even applied for Trainee in January and got past the first step on the first try, which seems to be exceptional, but I didn't follow through with it and forfeit my application and decided to take some time to reconsider myself before I try again. I'm not ready for another go at that just yet, but maybe there's a way I can help in the mean time, and I think this is it.

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  2. Sign up for Quality Assurance?

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  3. You're not getting permission to hack anywhere on the server, GWEN testing is for QA and QA only -- it's extremely difficult to test an anti-cheat when you don't have detailed logs for what it is doing. Plus, testing an anti-cheat is more than just turning on different hacks and seeing what it does, it requires in-depth testing on the ACs behavior on different blocks, conditions, etc...there's so much more to it and it just would not make sense to test it as a regular player who can't see what its doing in the background.

If you would like to apply for Trainee again, then my best advice would be to just stick to helping others, being active in-game, and being friendly and mature on all of the other Mineplex's platforms. I believe you can do it, and you should stick with the entire process next time. It's not too difficult and being a staff member is a really fun experience so I think you should just go for it!

The effort is appreciated but ultimately it would not do anything

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    20LeeBrian1, Evgeen and BlazeFire like this.
  4. Hey!

It's nice to see members in the community so keen to help out the server, and in this case, assist with improving GWEN. However, we currently do not offer a team or service for community members to solely apply for in order to test the Anti-Cheat. However, there is a team that does handle GWEN punishments and other related testings for the Anti-Cheat (among other duties), and that is the Quality Assurance team. The sub-team that works for this Sr.Mod team is Quality Assurance Testing, and is open to Staff and community members. At this point in time, the applications for this team are not open, but in the case that they do open later down in time, there will be some form of announcement from QA management.

Keep in mind that if you were to apply for this team when it's open, the sole purpose is not just to test GWEN, but they test features, bugs, games, etc. You would need to partake in multiple testings, not just focusing on one aspect of the server. More information on this process should be discussed further with a QA member as they know more about this (found at www.mineplex.com/staff). Once again, it's great you're interested in helping the server but we currently are not seeking this kind of assistance. If you want to suggest this as an individual idea, please make a separate thread in the General Ideas Discussion subforum! I will now be locking this thread as there is no need for further discussion, you can make a new thread if you want to suggest this as an idea though (mentioned above).

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    primitlve and BlazeFire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.