• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Duality of Super Paintball

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by PracticalitiesX, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Many times throughout the server, I always see this game in the assortment of games in the lobby, and its mild popularity shows. The game concept is astounding, yet so simple. It may not be as popular as something such as SkyWars, obviously, but it still holds its own.

However, the main point of this post is to highlight commentary on what I think about the game in its current time. I will keep it brief :

- Buffs to the Machine Gun
    - Newer maps and content
    - Sniper rework/buffs
    - New kits
    - New modes (1v1s, TDM, etc.)

In this simplified list, I wish to utilize these to their fullest extent to help Super Paintball and update it to fit with player expectations and provoke interest with its interesting concept. I believe it could be a great game with a little love.

Do you agree? Am I missing crucial details that weaken my argument? Do you have your own suggestions? Please write down below! I’d love to have a discussion.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  2. I love all of these ideas except for the "Buffs to the Machine Gun" one. When I go up against a machine gun and it's right next to me, it shreds me apart. Other than that, I would love to see these changes implemented! +1

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    PracticalitiesX likes this.
  3. Hey there!

I would like to address some of your suggestions here.

1. Buff Machine Gun

I don't know so much about this one. The machine gun is pretty powerful as-is and I don't see much room for a possible buff. Like @Wrappingz said, it can tear me apart completely.

2. Newer Maps and Content

I am on board with this one, however super paintball is not one of the biggest priorities in Mineplex's overall vision right now. That means the IT / Build team will focus a little less on it which unfortunately means less content. This is not to say that ideas won't be suggested and implemented and maps wont be built and implemented, but it means there will likely be less. Overall, it would be nice to see new content, but it's not likely.

3. Sniper Reworks / Buffs

I am actually not in the right position to comment on this one. I have never used the kit and don't have any idea as to how it functions or what changes it might need.

4. New Kits

I actually disagree with this one. The kit system in super paintball seems pretty balanced to me and I don't see much of a need to make any changes to it. If a flawless kit were suggested that seemed to fit perfectly into the already balanced selection, I might could see it being added. But the possibility of this is low.

5. New Modes

I am 100% for this idea! I love it, and I think it would make super paintball fun again. However, there is already at least one different mode. There is Sploor in Nano Games where you have to paint as many blocks as you can using a paintball gun like Splatoon. Also, like I said above, it is not Mineplex's and the LT's biggest priority right now so I don't see much new content being made for the game.

Thanks for making these suggestions and this post! Good on you for making an effort to be active in the community and make a change.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  4. You as well! I do agree that the new kits thing is a stretch, but I still do believe that the Machine Gun is a little overshadowed by the sheer utility and power of kits such as the Shotgun and Rifle. However, that's just me. I respect your opinions on this matter, and wish you nothing but luck in the coming times!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2019
    SpitefulNick and saltyfishhy like this.
  5. As someone in the PBCL (paint ball competitive league) I think I can give a pretty good take on this, so here goes.

sniper
    The kit is totally fine, it requires skill and aim to use, which is the way it should be, if it was buffed then it would charge to fast making it a very OP kit, although you could give a small buff, such as speed 1 and that might be better but as for the gun itself it dosnt really need any modification.
    As for the rework, it depends. What would that look like? I dont really see any other way it could be.

Machine gun
    if the machine gun is changed 1 of 2 things will happen, 1) it will become very underpowered and become obsolete, or 2) it will become an overpowered spam weapon. The reason for this is paintballs damedge and how it is dealt, because dmg is done through armor, each person can take 4 dmg. The MG shoots very fast and each bullet will do 1 dmg making it a 4 shot kill. If it wete buffed the fire rate would increase or the dmg would increase, if the fire rate increased then it would become a pure spam weapon, which would make alot of people mad, as many already want it to be debuffed or removed from the game entirely. If the dmg was increased it would do 2 dmg per shot, making it a 2 shot kill. The rifle is also a 2 shot kill, but the mg would have a faster fire rate so the rifle would become worthless. See the problem here?

New kits
    the only kit that could be added is a healer kit, which I do support, so I think that could work and I have, in fact, event proposed a few kits myself for super paintball.

New maps
    Paintball is getting new maps at a rate of about 2 every 3 months or so. Mainly all the maps are player made so I think the build team tbh dosnt need to make them. Also it would be hard for them to make a good map, the few maps made by the mineplex build team, no offence to them, are not amazing for gameplay.

New game modes
    This could be interesting, but something like FFA could be hard, perhaps you could have a 4 team mode, as for 1v1s and 2v2s I don't see this as beong added in because of how few people would be participating, and it not being of much worth to the server, as well as you being able to do this on MPS. As for 3v3s I could see that being added as a new mode, but paintball starts as soon as there are 8 people in the lobby which means 4v4s will never be added. As for TDM that would only remove heals from the game, which would take out a large part of the strategy in the gameplay so I dont see this ever being added in. It could be possible to add a CTF mode but I'm not totally sure about it as alot of people would simply camp. For a DOM game mode I dont see that ever happening with sniper in the game. (I just put in the game modes I could think about ik you didnt mention some of them)

Sorry about how long that was.... =P
    Over all I'm going to give this a +.5 as some of your suggestions would never work, but some are interesting and could possibly be added.

Best regards,
    -Korben

Posted Nov 11, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 11, 2019
    PracticalitiesX likes this.