• 418 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6042 Players Online
  • 5624 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned The Freezer Kit [The Bridges]

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by maiuki, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! So today I wanted to suggest a new kit for the bridges, as it's common knowledge that the games most used kit is a mobility kit (the infamous beserker). So I thought of a kit that would essentially be the opposite of beserker, a mobility stopper. Here's a basic rundown of it,

---
    Freezer (Achievement kit)
    Kit Description:

Show off your ice powers and freeze your opponents in ice!

Receive 1 freeze ball every 40.0 seconds. Max 2.

Right-Click with freeze ball to Throw Freeze Ball
    Freeze Ball freezes opponent in a 4x3 block of unbreakable ice for 4.0 seconds. Individuals frozen only. Freeze balls spawn after bridges drop.

---

The ice prison would look like this https://gyazo.com/83da831afc357260fe681309b193cae5
    and the actual freezer balls would look like this in-game https://gyazo.com/bc168d168a345e2220288e8544c8cbd0

as a side note, the kit cannot be used on teammates to prevent team trolling. The freeze balls would also have the same physics/range as destructor pearls.

I think this kit would be a great addition to the upcoming Christmas update and a great way to prevent excessively long bridges games from people running forever or using the beserker leap ability to avoid fights too much. It could also be used as a way to run away from other players or teams!

Comment your thoughts below!

Posted Nov 25, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 25, 2020
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  2. It could trap more than 1 person ( if they are on the same block ) , it could suffocate nearby players unless they are teleported outside ,which would be weird.
    And it would be overpowered if you had someone with a tnt kit , and it would result in an inevitable death.
    But the idea is alright .

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    EpicEnderDragon1, Paladise and maiuki like this.
  3. First off, I love your custom sky, it is really pretty. With that being said, I enjoy seeing new creative ideas pop up in the suggestions on the forums and the Discord. Typically, I just lurk, but I felt like I really had to comment on this.

From what I've seen, Bridges is a game mode that has sadly died out from more popular game modes like cake wars outshining it, however, from the lucky times I've been able to play it when a big enough queue comes along, I really liked playing it. I feel like with new kits, could bring some more attention to the game.

I'm in support of the 'Freezer Kit' and think it would make a nice new addition, although I do agree with the user above regarding the possibility of nearby players being suffocated or glitched from the blocks. If there was a way to avoid that from happening, it would be lovely to see something like this implemented. Clever idea!

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  4. Suffocation from these ice blocks could potentially be disabled, that or it would just move other players who happen to be beside a frozen player out of the prison.

I do definitely see people using an overpowered TNT and freezer combo, so to counter that frozen players could potentially have immunity from TNT damage for 8-10 seconds upon being frozen.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 25, 2020
  5. Its not just the tnt damage that is the problem, there are also maps that are above void. What if someone got frozen and then people used tnt or the destructor kit to get rid of the bridge the frozen person is on. Maybe if the person would have a slab underneath them when the cage is gone, but then they could be easily knocked off.

I like the idea , i'm just pointing out how overpowered it could be. But i guess every kit has those aspects.

Posted Nov 25, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 25, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. This is a super cool idea. Berserker kit is definitely the most used kit due to the mobility, and to have something counteract that would be very interesting. I don't find this kit too overpowered for an achievement kit, and I feel this would be fun for players to use, but at the same time, not too annoying for people trapped in it considering it only lasts 4.0 seconds. Another interesting suggestion to add onto this, would maybe have it so the ice only lasts 2-3 seconds, but their hot bar gets randomly scrambled when frozen. Would make some for some unique gameplay, nice idea!

- Lucas

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  7. This is an interesting idea for an achievement kit although it would be very much so overpowered like mentioned above. A lot of bugs could come out of this - I have some ideas though.

To combat overpowered combo-ing to throw the person into the void by destroying bridges under them;
    My suggestion: a melting mechanic

• After, say, 2 seconds of being in the ice prison, rather than it disappearing completely, it melts.
    • It melts from top to bottom, a full row per 1.5 seconds. Perhaps it could melt block by block but just make sure a full row takes this amount of time.
    • Doing some math, this means that a disintegrating 3x3 platform, for 1.5 seconds (the block directly under the player would melt away last if some sort of block-to-block system was developed rather than a full row-to-row), would be left for the player after 4.5 seconds. This means the player could jump. Jump to a nearby bridge, a player, or make their own platform, etc. Point is, they'd have a chance.
    • Technically the player has doubled time as, of course, you can jump one block up and therefore don't have to wait until it's just a 3x3x1 platform. Someone can escape when it's 3x3x2.
    With this, it can still be considered overpowered but I think it brings a bit more balance than just what you suggested before.

To combat players nearby the ice prison that would have to get pushed out, add a system to move them to the most recent safe block. This means that if they were mid jump and someone in front of them got frozen, they wouldn't fall and die. Maybe this would make the kit a bit underpowered; I'd have to see it in action.

I can understand why you'd suggest this, it would be a very unique feature, however, Bridges is a combat and strategy heavy game. Can you imagine the frustration someone would feel if they spent twenty minutes preparing to head into war, only to get completely demolished not by the ice prison itself or the fact someone tried to - and failed - to throw them into the void after, but because someone random came up to them, hit them in the face, and instead of pulling out their sword in hotbar slot 1, they pull out their apple and start eating it, or a cobblestone block and they accidentally placed it?

Mechanics to mess with a players inventory would work but only for games that aren't so serious. Arcade games, short games, etc, would work, but not in a game like this.

Posted Nov 29, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 1, 2020
    maiuki likes this.
  8. Hey there, this is a fabulous idea. This might take a while for the freeze balls to spawn in your inventory, but nevertheless, it is worth it since the opponents freeze for at least 4.0 seconds. A quick question I have is, would the freeze ball cover up your entire inventory since the freeze ball only forms into 2 freeze balls per slot. If so, that should be limited, due to the fact that your inventory would be catastrophic and wouldn't have enough spaces for other resources. Nevertheless, this idea is tremendous; praying for this kit to be included throughout Mineplex. :)

-Justin

Posted Nov 29, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 11, 2021
    Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  9. Freezer sounds annoying and op af lol
    Either much higher cooldowns or the ice phase lasts shorter
    The melting idea would be an excellent way to make it not op af. And cool at the same time.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  10. Hey there!
    This is actually a really fascinating idea. It appears that a freezing kit would definitely change game dynamics. As others have said above, it would certainly be a great counter to berserker kits. To be honest, I don't think Bridges needs an entirely new kit but this kit sort of works its way into the current dynamic in terms of kit selection, but it will change things up significantly. It sort of appears that this kit would be very easy to trap and target people which is probably my most concerning issue. For example, if a team wanted to specifically target one player, all you'd really need is one or two ice kits and with the 4 second melting rate, they could easily target players and gang up on them. But to be honest, it's an effective tactic and if other teams use it effectively it could definitely be game changing.

I enjoy the max of 2 and I think that's pretty balanced, but maybe extending the 40 second cool down? I think it would be much nicer to see it have a longer cool down just so it isn't as frequent. Perhaps a 1 minute - 1 minute and a half cool down, that is if we keep the 4 second duration of the effect. I can definitely see this either decreasing game timings or increasing them depending on the team's work effort and strategy, but it's unlikely that it would really make it longer. A few suggestions I could see on top of my reply seemed to benefit this idea, making a melting effect would be a great way to make players have an escape route.

To end off my reply, I do have a few questions. Firstly, how exactly would this work if someone is in the air? Would it still capture them? I'm assuming it wouldn't since otherwise it would be a too overpowered and would pretty much guarantee an insta-kill on many Sky/void-based maps. What would happen if they missed their freeze? Assuming you'd have to properly hit a player with a snowball, what would happen if it the snowball didn't hit a player, and hit the ground for example? Would the ground be incased in ice or would it just not count? Lastly, if you hit a teammate with it you said that it would have the same effect as destruction kit. Did you mean the ice would just be on the floor? It sort of goes back to the last question I had. I'd like a little more clarification on this just so that everything is covered.

Overall I think this kit is pretty interesting and would certainly bring many changes to the game. I think it's a pretty interesting kit to have and would for sure change up the dynamics of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing it personally, but I feel as though that it would potentially disturb the environment of bridges. I'm 50/50 with this idea really, but I really commend the efforts. It looks like a well thought of kit that brings something new to the game.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  11. I envision that it would. Being in the air is also when somebody is sprinting + jumping. I believe it would be unfair to disallow capturing players mid-air (if you were thinking about that) because that doesn't necessarily mean they're super in the air, but could be simply a block above the ground.

Capturing players mid air wouldn't be too game breaking for another reason also. By suggesting the melting mechanic I tried to compensate for players that were caught in the air. They would be able to make their own platform to not fall into the void straight after, and in general would give them a chance (because anyone with a bow and arrows could easily combo kill someone with the ice prison if they were in above the void/etc)
    I'd assume if you missed the snowball you just missed. Thinking about what you said in your reply, it would be a powerful kit. There shouldn't be compensation for missing the snowball, however, ice over ground would be an interesting idea. Although, I think that could really hinder everyone, including the team of the person with the snowballs, if you were shooting the snowball at close-contact, missed, hit the ground instead, and then everyone would be soaring the slippery ground. This could kill your teammates, they could slip if they were on the edge and didn't react, etcetcetcetcetc. Like, I think it's a good idea but I don't think that, potentially, your entire team should pay for you missing a snowball. Maybe it would give slippery ground within a small radius (so that entire islands don't get frozen over)? If the mistake happened on top of a small platform/tower that could prove disastrous nevertheless so I'm not really sure what to suggest.

As for hitting a teammate giving the effect of destruction kit, I'm not really sure what OP meant. I don't think anything needs to happen if you hit a teammate. I think it should remain a power you use on the enemy only.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  12. Maybe this kit should work the same way Ice Cage works in Champions, instead of a box it is a circle with more space to stand on ( which would maybe solve the problem of people getting knocked off into the void after the cage is gone)
    I think it should go through the teammate because it would be very annoying if you waited 20 seconds to get it and then as you throw it your teammate walks in front of you and then it is wasted.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  13. Hey!
    This is a really interesting idea, however after bringing this up with GI an issue was brought up about how this kit would affect team fights. The ability to freeze someone in place would lead to many players being able to stack hits on them once unfrozen, with the previously frozen player being rendered almost immobile by a well coordinated team. Players who aren't using Zerk would have no easy escape if a well coordinated team trapped them using this kit, and would almost immediately lose. Overall, this is an interesting kit, but it would make team fights too unbalanced, and trapping players is far too strong if their team is uncoordinated or eliminated; I'll be marking this thread as Not Planned, but thank you for the idea!

Not Planned -> Denied by GI

Posted Apr 15, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.