• 440 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4846 Players Online
  • 4406 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Issues Behind VIP+

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by RiotRealm, Jun 27, 2022.

?

Thoughts on VIP+?

1. Its good

12.0%
  2. It sucks

88.0%
  1. Mineplex released a new subscription-based rank for bedrock. Not only does it cost $13 per month, but you get only a tenth of the features immortal gets on java, for nearly double the money. From what I've seen and been told, all you get for purchasing the rank are Duke perks, pets in-game, rainbow chat, 250 friend slots, fly in-lobby, and the super corgi pet. You also get one amp and 2 treasure party bombs which I never happened to receive. The issue is how they charge this much monthly and how few perks you get. The name is unoriginal and doesn't match the theme of the other ranks, the perks are generic and overall not suitable, you can literally get pets in-game already by doing /rename while in-game. You don't even receive the amp and party bombs, the rainbow chat just looks tacky.

How is it that mineplex can go nearly a year with no real content updates, drop a small map update, then a lazy excuse of a rank which is overpriced?

You'd also think that with this new source of revenue coming in Mineplex would finally hire developers with their new stream of income, but we most likely won't even get devs.

Edit: forgot to mention that despite costing 2x the amount of immortal, you do not get a discord role in the mpd or a forums tag

Posted Jun 27, 2022,
    Last edited Jun 27, 2022
  2. Heyo, I'm with you on some of the points you've made. The rank is definitely overpriced and personally I would have liked to see current ranks recieve more benefits before releasing a new one. However, though, it seems to have worked out for Bedrock - I've heard of someone already purchasing it for a whole year, and I don't think it was only one person that did that either. I think Bedrock players get easily excited over this kind of stuff and don't expect too much as they've only experienced Bedrock servers which usually don't match Java, so they buy it without hesitation or a second thought, even if it's just for one month.

I agree. The name was chosen in order to be inclusive as our current names are not inclusive at all, but regardless I find it funny how VIP was the best they could come up with. Personally, to suit the medieval theme, I would have gone for something like Noble or Regal, which are both gender neutral terms fitting the theme.

This is a bug and I told gyro about it and he rolled a fix out for it a few hours ago. So the feature should work properly now and not be bypassable.

One can only hope that with this additional stream of income they will put this money into more resources to better the server, and therefore better the revenue.

We don't have a way to verify if someone has the rank on Bedrock like we can for Immortal, and we have no bot nor website dev either. I know that Toki mentioned wanting the role for a Bedrock subscription rank in the past, but I don't think it will come out unless something is created to allow us to link a player's Bedrock rank to their discord profile.

Posted Jun 27, 2022
    Emiliee likes this.
  3. I definitely concur that there is a lack of creativity with the rank. It doesn't fit the style of the other ranks, the colour of the tag isn't amazing, and there will be a clash on the forums with the eternal rank on java as they are both teal. If you're buying something for 13 dollars a month, you want it to be unique and stand out with amazing benefits and unfortunately I don't see that criteria being met at the moment. I hope there are wholesale changes to the rank in the near future, as it is an exciting moment for the bedrock server to have a subscription rank but as of now it seems underwhelming.

Posted Jun 27, 2022
    Ocelotguyy likes this.
  4. Yeah, it's dedinetoy overpriced, doesn't add much, and frankly just isn't a good fit for mineplex as it currently is. I'd prefer it if it had a name like royal to go along with the medieval theme, and was the same price as immortal, along with having more perks/ fixing the perkstjat dont work.

Posted Jun 27, 2022
    Ocelotguyy likes this.
  5. Wonder if they'll jack up the price of Immortal to match if VIP turns out to be a success? And given the large playerbase of young kids who don't realize it isn't worth the price, I'd say that's very possible.

Posted Jun 29, 2022
  6. I doubt they'll pump up the Immortal price, their aware that the Java playerbase is older and are more cautious of buying things if they're more expensive. Also the server is pretty low now so if they did it would cause a decrease in sales.

Posted Jun 29, 2022
  7. I agree that the VIP ranks aren't joining the main ranks on java (Ultra, Hero, Legend, Titan, Eternal and Immortal). I feel it is a bedrock 'special' rank which can be different because the bedrock and java platforms are two different platforms. Bedrock keeps improving and updating so keep involved in that!

Posted Jun 29, 2022
  8. It had tons of issues on day 1 but it looks like almost all of them have been fixed, so at least stuff is being done to improve the rank in some ways. But yeah, quite literally this rank costs double the price as Immortal and yet provides barely less than half of the perks Immortal does

From the looks of it, they were planning on releasing two different ranks: VIP and VIP+ (Hypixel much?), but apparently settled on one subscription rank in the end (btw doesn't make sense why it's VIP+ and not just VIP)

In my opinion, the rank price should be lowered down (maybe to the same 7 dollars that Immortal is) before the rank would be even worth considering buying, and then maybe some more unique perks could be added (to justify that it is indeed the best new rank on the server, not just the Duke rank with wacky rainbow chat and flying ability in the lobby)

This thread wasn't even remotely close to anything you've just posted. It was about the issues VIP+ rank has and how overpriced it is. OP has not mentioned a single word about Java other than the Immortal rank itself

I also have no idea what makes you think Bedrock is being constantly updated when OP himself said it's been nearly a year without any real Bedrock update content until now

Posted Jun 30, 2022
  9. This is all so factual. VIP+ barely gives any perks, and costs so much money. If you pay for 2 months of it you’re literally paying more than duke/duchess costs. Mineplex does this because a huge portion of its players are kids, that don’t understand it’s expensive. Mineplex made this rank to take away money from children and use it for purposes other than helping Mineplex. You would think Mineplex would use the money it makes to hire developers, and more people to improve Mineplex, but they don’t.

Posted Jul 21, 2022,
    Last edited Jul 23, 2022
  10. This has nothing to do with java or any of the points in the thread I made.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 22, 2022
  11. The VIP rank on mineplex is a joke, even this servers mod's agree with this. It's a way to rip off kids (who make the majority of mineplex) and help bring in some extra money to a server that is left to die. With a lack of updates, tons bugs and hackers that infest this abandoned server. With the main cause being that it has an overwhelming lack of any kind of good leadership, that is currently running it to its death.

With one exception, I want to thank all the mods, and builders for what they do! I believe they are the only ones keeping this server alive.

-The Critic

Posted Jul 22, 2022,
    Last edited Jul 22, 2022
  12. The Builders deserve credit too (and other map makers). They're the only ones left actually adding anything to the server itself.

Posted Jul 22, 2022
    LockNess8221 likes this.
  13. Because people actually buy into it. It's sad really. Mineplex obviously makes enough revenue to get good developers but it seems like someone's just being greedy and taking all the funds. Considering Mineplex Bedrock is where it has a MAJORITY of its players yet the dev team for Bedrock is smaller than the Java one is insane.

You know, this reminds me of Apex Legends and Apex Legends Mobile. The only difference is that Mineplex Bedrock isn't ran by a different company.

We deserve better, but we won't get it. Especially with the majority of the player base that are too ignorant to realize this server isn't worth spending money on at the moment.

The sad part is, I've seen VIP+ players in my lobby. It never fails to amaze me how people fall for pathetic attempts to milk you. In fact, when I look back at my previous experiences with Mineplex I always found it dumb how they limited you to like what 10 or 20 friends on Mineplex Bedrock? Now when I want to play with my sister on Minecraft servers we go to other servers because of how bland Mineplex has become. I wanted to become a Trainee, but I see now how much a waste of time that is. How Mineplex doesn't deserve to continue on in its current state and how mods only delay the inevitable.

Posted Jul 22, 2022
  14. I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.
    When I came back a couple weeks ago to find Mineplex had implemented a new rank I was excited, until I saw the price it had / month.
    This is just the duke/duchess rank with some extra heavily underwhelming features on top.
    However, I do think this extra revenue, however dissapointing it might seem to players who are already enjoying the perks of other ranks, is great and I can only hope management will put more money into resources to better the server. Because as I've said in the past, and will continue to say - we need updates. Not a new rank.

Posted Jul 23, 2022
    Noahs Away likes this.
  15. As staff, we get the perks of VIP+ and after now having experienced it for a month, I feel that there is a need to review some of the perks- specifically the pets in-game. Having my pet follow me in games such as Cake Wars and Skywars has proved to be a disadvantage of VIP+ as opposed to the intended advantage. Sometimes (quite a lot actually) I'm about to eat a team's cake and then my pet just runs in front of me and obstructs me. It is very frustrating. Not only that, but with a pet, it is impossible to be sneaky because even if you crouch, your pet's nametag is visible so trying to sneak up on cake defences is almost impossible.

I understand that a simple solution would be to disable my pet but I want my pet in the lobbies. Secondly, it is meant to be a perk of the rank and yet I've found it nothing but frustrating, therefore, I feel it actually devalues the rank instead of adding value.

I think a subscription rank could work and there are already some proposed changes such as changing the name VIP+ to Royalty. With that said, I feel having pets in-game really needs to be reviewed and perhaps get other perks added like changing the colour of your rank instead.

Those are just some of my updated thoughts having experienced the rank.

-Minium

Posted Jul 23, 2022
    DodgeBot and ReJo like this.