• 2654 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12012 Players Online
  • 9358 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

the lag

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hack, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Ok how hard is it to NOT make your server lag? Hypixel does it with 93,000 players and Mineplex can't do it with 4,000 players????? If you guys can't fix it, change your host or something. This server used to keep 40,000+ players online and now it can barely keep 4,000. I'm sure they know about this, but the player count will not sudden decrease unless this whole situation is done. It's annoying to play on with the people flying all over the place.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  2. or just get better wifi

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  3. I have good wifi for my area, I get 20ms the other players are just laggy

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. Unfortunately the only thing that I could think of to cause your lag is your WiFi... Mineplex runs fine for me most of the time, if not it is because my WiFi is being slow... But hey, it happens and you just have to be patient.

- Jorden

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  5. Hey,

Honestly the staff team can't do much when it comes to server lag. It's likely a host issue. If we were to change our host, that will require a lot of downtime which is something I don't believe we can sacrifice right now. I see players complain about the lag a lot and I assume most of them who complain aren't in the US. I get about 50 ping to the server and I rarely ever lag and if I do it's mostly on my end. I'm sorry this is something you have to deal with on our server but there's no way around it unless it's something to do with your internet.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  6. There are so many players online at a time that there ought to be some lag. It just makes me excited for what comes next in the generation of computers.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  7. I've noticed this. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  8. As Mineplex declines throughout the second half of the 2010s, they are making less money. As a business, they must cope with such changes, thus why the servers became smaller. If COVID-19 never existed, Mineplex would only get around 3k players during peak hours of the weekend. A large server that can sustain 40k players would not be the most financially efficient. Mineplex is a business, so they must spend their money wisely. Hopefully the existent server lag during quarantine can be a wake-up call to the network to get larger servers. This will reduce server lag, making games more playable, and subsequently, convince more players to log on. A greater capacity for players will be mandatory for Minepelx to take that next step.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and Pumpedpixel like this.
  9. Plenty of players DO NOT live in the US. So please get another location as well as US. UK is where plenty of people play from, and here the server ping is much less. Lagplex!
    I love Mineplex but cmon,
    party

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    Zenve, NoHaxJustCats_ and Paiynz like this.
  10. heyo,
    in my opinion I think its because of the sudden increase in players. mineplex usually runs fine for me and normally mineplex has around 4k players at peak hours. however recently, there has been a increase in players most servers including mineplex are getting 2-3x there normal player count. the staff team cant really do anything about this as its a issue with the server host. but if the problem keeps occurring I suggest checking your connection or doing a bug report

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  11. Hey there!

I see you are having a complaint with Mineplex Server Hosting. What I can tell you is Mineplex has always had a very good hosting with a good budget considering how many people would spend on ranks, chest, etc. Mineplex us proxy is being hosted in Chicago IL in the USA. If you live near, your ping will be better, if you live farther the worst your connection to the server is. I ran a ping check on Mineplex and this is what the response I got.

PING 173.236.67.23 (173.236.67.23) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 173.236.67.23: icmp_seq=1 ttl=45 time=24.0 ms
    64 bytes from 173.236.67.23: icmp_seq=2 ttl=45 time=23.9 ms
    64 bytes from 173.236.67.23: icmp_seq=3 ttl=45 time=23.9 ms

--- 173.236.67.23 ping statistics ---
    3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 23.961/23.984/24.020/0.025 ms

This ping was taken at 4/7/2020 at 4:20 AM PST. ( also this is in no way Mineplex IP to hit off good luck with that considering they have OVH server hosting, and would take a massive hacking group to pull off. )

Servers: As you can see the ping is usually a consistently 23ms-50ms and can some times spike up to a higher amount. But Mineplex has performed the lag usually from the game modes it's self and not necessarily amount of GB, or memory, or dedicated hosting inside of the bungee server.

Hubs: You might see when you go to right-click the clock inside of the hub and see all hubs. Some times they will disappear it's on Minplex player count. I believe Mineplex has made it so whenever a certain amount of players log in to the Network they open more hubs, within the bungee cord.

Conclusion of the LAG: Mineplex had more dedicated hosting, back then but they had to stop paying for all of it because, of the decrease of players no reason to support that much Memory, GB, Ram per server.

I hope this helped you in any way like this so other people can see.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  12. But MP have a plan to stop the lags ?

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  13. Yeah, I assure you the developers are working on it, we just need to be patient.
    Patience is the key to virtue :)

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    xWand likes this.
  14. Wow you nice guy

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    AspiringMod likes this.
  15. As everyone is saying Wi-Fi may be the problem. But I hope it gets better for you!

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    xWand likes this.
  16. I don't live in the us yet I have no lag whatsoever.I think your Wi-Fi might be the problem, yeah it would be better if there were connection nodes near where I live but u gotta deal wit it.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    xWand likes this.
  17. All depends on where your situated, for example, I live in the UK so I'm a bit laggy sometimes but I'm mostly fine. As the guy above said, Mineplex's servers are run in Chicago so that's probably why your lagging. It's either that or you actually just have a bad router.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    xWand likes this.
  18. Get Optifine if you can! My computer is decent, but there were so many extra files and storage taken up from before this computer was mine, there was barely enough room for the game itself, and all Optifine would do was make my fps and lag worse. After doing some research on how to clear up space, everything works almost perfectly on my end. It may not be the solution, but for the time being check your hard drive and get Optifine if possible :)

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    xWand likes this.
  19. Ok so first he is talking about java i belive so you would have no idea what it is like unless you have played on it. Server lag is very different its where not just one person lags but the whole server freezes or cant play due to the lag. Maybe think before you type next time.

-Paiynz

Posted Apr 7, 2020

20. Tbh Most of the mineplex player base is not from the us. I have been playing for over 5 years now when mineplex was the biggest server and getting over 40k without any lag. I know a lot of people who stoped playing mineplex since it is so laggy and if you look it up on youtube then you can find so many videos complaining about it, and about the down time i think everyone would rather down time for exchange for better ping.

-Paiynz

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ and Wiz2K like this.