• 1858 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10296 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The old skywars

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Noviah, Aug 22, 2019.

?

Which skywars do you prefer?

1. The New Skywars

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. The Old Skywars

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. I know this thread will be highly disagreed with before I even start, but I have to say something. I played a lot of skywars back in the day, like A LOT! Me and my friends would all get together and do it, it was truly an amazing game. When I logged on, and found out they added ice kits? And this mechanic where it was considered not very common to stay at your base, to mine, and most people just rushed using the ice bridge? I couldn’t deal with it, it was so sad to see my favorite game have my favorite features taken away. I’ve gave it so many tries but I cannot agree with this version. Is there anyone with me?

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Yato and Apollo317 like this.
  2. Skywars definitely is different to what it used to be, before certain kits were added. Almost every player you see is immediately bridging to mid. The game is very fast paced now, very quick to the point. The first three to five minutes are usually a brawl for controlling mid. You don’t really see people mine anymore. Though! This does remind me. I played a game of skywars the other day and actually ended up losing to a player who’s strat was to stick back and mine their base, then the surrounding bases. They got pretty stacked and ended up beating me in a 1v1. This proves that sticking back and mining definitely is a strat that you could use, even these days. But in the long run, heading to mid does seem the best option as you get items such as bows, arrows, ended pearls, fishing rods, etc. This is where the game has gone, and the kit updates have done a lot to influence that. If you don’t enjoy it anymore, yeahh I’m sorry but there isn’t anything that would be done about it. It’s nice to reflect on the good times though (:

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Noviah and Xukuri like this.
  3. Thanks for your input! I’ll definitley be giving that a try!
    u

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  4. At the end of the day, I think everyone's going to have his or her own strategy and sometimes that means staying at your base and mining and sometimes that means rushing to the middle. There's perks to both in my opinion. While you may get better gear by going to the middle, since most players are going there, you also risk the chance of getting killed faster. If you stay on your island, a lot of players will not try to attack you and you can stay safe for longer. Personally, I'm never a huge fan of players camping on their islands because it does prolong the game. I prefer the more fast-paced style that encourages players to come to the middle islands to get better loot and to fight.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Noviah likes this.
  5. I also miss the old skywars. I liked the kits better.
    I enjoy the new one but the play style is entirely different.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Noviah likes this.