• 1995 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1995 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned The Party System for CW

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SolarStella, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why I'm Angered

I'm really really angered about how so many Immortals keep ruining games by being in parties. Now I'm not saying that only immortals are the ones partying for Cake Wars, but I'm just saying that the majority of parties for CW are partied.

What Could be Done

Now, I know that removing the party system for the whole CW game is not going to work out. Which is why I suggest a new Cake Wars mode simply called, "No Party 4v4v4v4". This will make it so you don't have to deal with dying every single game simply because another team has made up their WHOLE STRATEGY just to win every CW game. And for the people who "can't" make parties, it really sucks that you have to die every game to someone who has.

In Short,

There should be a new Mode for Cake Wars so people can play without being partied. This will make the game much more fair. I hope you put into consideration my concern before denying everything.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. Hey,

I get that it can be frustrating to deal with parties, but frankly, you can always have the option to get a party and fight them back. Simply saying it being unfair isn't a strong argument. And adding a separate gamemode would be splitting the player base unnecessarily. Due to this, it's a -1 from me.

Thanks for sharing!
    Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    HeyItsTay_, Scunzie and Rilau like this.
  3. Hey,

I’m going to be fairly honest, I am neutral with this idea. By adding this “mode” it will decrease player count in standards heavily, which will take longer queueing for parties. I understand you are frustrated but games have to involve some type of competition otherwise, it wouldn’t be challenging.

Posted Jun 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 27, 2020
  4. Hey there!
    I completely disagree with this idea. Most players in the Cake Wars community play with their friends in a party. This is the case for most other team games, as well. People prefer parties because you are playing with others that you're comfortable with, have chemistry with, and because it makes communication easier. The rank of the players in the party has no effect on combat skills, so that should not be taken into consideration. If a new "No Party" gamemode were added, it would get very little players. Cake Wars is an exciting game because of the teamsmenship aspect that you can share with your friends. In addition, being in a party has no justified advantage over not being a party. I have seen plenty of games where complete strangers, who were put together by default, won the game. Queuing for a 4v4v4v4 gamemode alone is your choice, and you can choose not to make that decision. All in all, I see no need for the implementation of this. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    Lila, Scunzie and Rilau like this.
  5. This idea certainly has its ups and downs. To start, I have seen numerous amounts of players become angry that they constantly fight teams that are in parties, when they are solo players. Thus, they usually get eliminated pretty quickly. However, the idea you propose has several flaws that cannot be ignored. Let me explain why I don't think this would be such a meritable idea.
    1. The game is supposed to reward you for being coordinated with your teammates
    There's a reason why it's easier to lose to a party of 4 in Cakewars; it's because they have exemplary coordination, and have specific roles that each player will fulfill throughout the game. In a team game such as Cakewars, you should be rewarded for having a plan with your teammates, rather than going in at random. In my opinion it just doesn't make sense to take away a large skill aspect of this game. Gathering with friends to become more coordinated gives you an advantage over others, and if you would only play against other parties then there would really be no reason at all to join a party in the first place. It would discourage working together, which is a step in the wrong direction for a team game such as Cakewars.
    2. Adding a whole new category simply for playing solo in a game meant to be played as a team would just be confusing.
    First, what if you only join as a party of 2 or 3? If you joined as a party of 3, then a random 4th player would need to join your team, however, how can a 4th player join if they're in a party of their own? In addition, if you're in a party of 2, you'd need to wait for another party of 2 to join, so your team would be full. This would mean games would take an extremely long amount of time to start. What if the game fills and not everyone can be on the same team as their party, simply due to the fact that other players in the lobby aren't in full parties? This is a huge problem that cannot be glanced over and pushed to the side. In addition, is this problem not also an issue in Duos mode? Would there also be a solos mode for duos? If so, games would take an enormous amount of time to start with one player base split between 2 modes.
    3. The problem wouldn't be fixed. People would be more and more determined to join a solo game yet still play with their friends.
    Currently, if you are not within a party, and you join a game, the game will try to put you with anyone else who is on your /f friends list. This means that 4 players would easily be able to join the game as "solos", yet get teamed up together and it would just be the same situation as the beginning. Players would still be beaten by the more coordinated team, and nothing would have been solved. It will be too easily bypassed.

As I said before, I completely see where you're coming from. It can be frustrating to be beaten by parties, when you stood no chance as a solo. However, this is just one of many adversities that you will need to learn to overcome while playing. You will be incentivized to find new friends to play with, and you will learn a lot of coordination strategy along the way if you learn to play with others. Thanks! :happy:

Posted Jun 27, 2020
    HeyItsTay_, DMRH, Lila and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hey dude.
    I completely disagree with this idea. For one, Cake Wars is a team game, and if you don't play as a team, then you will most likely get destroyed by a team who does play as a team. For two, this gamemode would get no players at all. Most people play Cake Wars in parties because they want to play with their friends, and so only people with no friends online would play this, and most people have at least one friend on. Also, if you play against good people a lot, you can study their strategies and learn from them.
    Overall, because of the reasons above, I'll have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Jun 27, 2020
    Raindown255 likes this.
  7. Hello!

I'm going to be disagreeing with this idea for one specific reason. Joining a came with a party does not have an advantage in any game mode. I understand that not having a party may create difficulties in playing the game how you would like to be playing it, but this does not mean that we develop an entirely new format of Cakewars so players aren't able to play with their friends.The idea of a four players per team game is to work together either with random players, or with friends to see who can survive the game the longest while having/not having a cake and winning.

With these points that I have mentioned, I will be giving a -1 for this thread.

Thank you for your idea and keep them coming for the rest of the community to see what you have to say!

Posted Jun 27, 2020
  8. Everyone is hating on this but I think it has relevance. This idea would benefit NEW players to the server, which Mineplex is certainly lacking. Not everyone plays mine craft with multiple friends and is experienced. There needs to be a balance system implemented in ALL games as cake wars usually results in a 4 party immortal team winning with the same people losing every round. New and not as experienced players are turned away from the server because of constant loss, always dying and never having the satisfaction of winning. I know that if i lost EVERY single round I would't want to play the server. I feel like due to the decrease player count, there's more of these "parties" in every game, deterring new players away from the server as they don't have a good experience. One way they could fix this is splitting into partied and un-partyd or perhaps queuing people that are a similar level in games. These "new players" are key to increasing mineplex's lowering player count, which i personally believe is due to the high incidence of parties of experienced players dominating every round in every game, .
    You can argue this is the same in other servers like hypixel, but with hypixel due to the high player count, new players are morelikeky to be in a server with other new players and less likely to be in a server with really experienced players. I feel like the majority of mineplex is experienced players who are good at pvp .

Posted Jul 17, 2020
    SpitefulNick and allegient™ like this.
  9. Hey!
    I 100% understand what you mean by this. I like the concept of this idea because there have been a handful of times where I just wanted to play 1 or 2 game of Cake Wars alone because I didn't have enough time to find a party. From my experience in Cake Wars, there's always at least one tryhard party in most of the servers, making it hard to win alone, or with teammates that aren't familiar with the game yet. Playing with friends makes the games 10x better, so I do feel like the normal mode overpowers the "no party" mode. Yes, it'll be nice to have it, but I unfortunately don't think it's possible due to the number of daily players on Mineplex. There's just not enough players to be able to have 2 Cake Wars game modes, as the queue to join would most likely be much longer than it is now. Overall, as much as I like this idea, I don't see it happening anytime soon in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Posted Jul 17, 2020
  10. Hey!

I wanted to share the conclusion that GI came towards this idea.
    Unfortunately, it has been denied with the following reasoning:
    • Parties are a huge way in which people play games on Mineplex - players have the option to join parties as well to compete with others
    • Adding another mode will split the player base drastically and is not something we plan on doing
    Given this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.