• 606 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8464 Players Online
  • 7858 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The problem with wolf

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DaGourmand, Apr 8, 2019.

?

Do you think wolf is OP

1. Yes

79.4%
  2. No

20.6%
  1. I don't think a hitbox change will fix this. Spider can do the same thing. Because of the direct double jump, if a wolf combos you, you can't back up or jump up to break the combo as it will quickly accelerate allowing it to continue the combo. It would be fine if wolf didn't have such powerful abilities as cub tackle, ravage, and wolf strike all can make this combo even more deadly than it already is

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2019
  2. By far, the best counter to Wolf is Snowman. If the Wolf opts for a Wolf Strike, Snowman can use Blizzard to stop it cold, (haha good joke 19/10 lolo) then you can melee it. When Wolf isn't moving at mach 6, which is basically never, it will be way easier to combo it. Snowman's Blizzard, for example (but also Spew Bile, Bone Rush, Spider in general and your own Cub Tackle,) can force the Wolf to stop running, then you'll be able to hit it. I used Snowman as an example, because Blizzard has potentially no cooldown if you can manage your energy well, which most good Snowman players are able to do.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
  3. I main snowman myself, and snowman is good against wolves some of the time. The problem is a decent wolf player will run FOREVER. Even with blizzard slowing it down, it can still get away. Snowman can be devasting to wolf on smaller maps but on larger maps, wolf can outrun snowman and wait for a mistake to be made. A snowman can beat a good wolf, but it can't afford to mess up. A less experienced wolf can get shredded by a snowman though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2019
  4. True, but ravage is the reason why wolf's combos are so devastating. Kiss your stock goodbyeeee.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
  5. Everyone please upvote this suggestion to update SSM:
    -unapproved link-
    --- Post updated ---
    You might as well kiss your stocks goodbye if you see someone pick wolf.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
  6. I'd agree that in lower levels wolf is better as it's easier to use effectively, but I really think you're overestimating how hard it is to get good with spider. Yes it takes skill, but I definitely wouldn't say that it's to the point that it's better only on the highest level. Even at like the average 1k-1.5k wins skill level, I think spider can already be used in such a way that it's more effective than just playing wolf. Also personally I see spider as often and maybe even more often than wolf, even fairly inexperienced players using it to be really annoying by just spamming needler and running.

Needler is harder to avoid than cub tackle, it's a multi projectile move after all, and it can't be reflected with as many projectiles as cub tackle. Also missing it isn't such a big deal for spider as it has such a short cooldown, missing cub tackle though it's way more of a problem for wolf, with its 8 seconds of cd. So I would definitely say a camping spider can be way more annoying than a camping wolf.
    As for spin web sending you far away from your opponent, you can shift while on the ground to use it without gaining any momentum. If you did it in the air, you can still just turn around while still airborne and double jump to cancel the momentum, and quickly get to your target, or you can just use it to get a full needler off from a distance and they won't be able to avoid it.
    One wolf combo might deal slightly more damage than spider's, but in the long run spider will probably deal more damage just thanks to needler.
    As for players glitching out of webs, I really don't see that very often, that's not a very common occurrence, at least from my experience.

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  7. running away for 1000 hours is meta great job ssm devs

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  8. I do agree that wolf is a bit op. As I’ve said in other threads, I’d be in favour of introducing an energy system for wolf jump similar to what chicken has with flaps. But whenever I’m playing against a wolf, I always play as a snow golem. The blizzard stops them in their tracks and because wolves are forced to come close to attack you, the aura does a pretty good job at destroying the wolf.

Would agree especially that ravage needs to be nerfed but also that they shouldn’t be able to spam jumps too.

Posted Apr 10, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 11, 2019
    Cabob likes this.
  9. if you land a cub tackle you should win that fight instantly

oh wait that happens anyway okay

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  10. Wolf isn’t too overpowered when you think about it. It doesn’t have that many of armor hit points and can be countered in a way the good players do it. Choose something like creeper or iron golem for instance.

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  11. https://i.imgur.com/Zte2CTT.png

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  12. It's op. Too mobile and too much damage

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  13. I actually like using wolf as a fun kit, but I do not deny that it needs a nerf. Ravage either needs to be heavily nerfed or removed entirely. Land one cub tackle, and then the ravage will almost always kill them. Also putting a cooldown on wolf's leap would help with the running issue.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  14. Wolf shreds creeper, has too high of mobility and attack which shreds through creepers armor and doesn't allow it to regen. Iron Golem will get comboed to the moon and back with its hitbox, plus golem has slow 1 so it can't chase wolf and it can't run away when it's low. (Edit) I realized you were the blantly cheating 3700 win iron golem I fought a few days ago. Pretty pathetic.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2019
    LoogyDX likes this.