• 241 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5284 Players Online
  • 5043 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The REAL Reasons Mineplex Failed

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by MayhemMenace, Jul 31, 2021.

1. So far no video I've seen talking about the state of Mineplex has been from someone who's truly been a part of Mineplex, so I decided to make one. Considering most people that use the forums are veterans, you'll probably know most of the information in this video, but I hope you learn something regardless.

Posted Jul 31, 2021
  2. You know, I actually watched the entire video. It is really well made for how small of a YouTuber you are. I didn't find any inaccuracies but there's more to it than what you mentioned in the video. (Perhaps I just know a lot more because I was an ex moderator and observed a lot of things throughout my almost 1 year as a staff member) But I will not mention those things here. Very well made video though!

Posted Jul 31, 2021
    MayhemMenace and urdadleftme like this.
  3. The way I didn’t hear anything you said at first because I was so focused on the gameplay haha. But yeah I think you covered a lot of the key info, Alex is definitely overworked :(

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    MayhemMenace likes this.
  4. Over time, things have definitely slowed down on mineplex as a whole. I think there is a general lack of enthusiasm about the server among the leadership, potential new developer candidates, all those that make the executive changes. Previous projects have failed and some may have realized that it's much more profitable to work on marketing (skin packs on bedrock, immortal rank) than prioritizing trial-and-error like in 2016/17 with the games you mentioned in the video.

A note for the staff-to-players ratio: while it has certainly increased, I'd say staff-to-hackers hasn't changed much. Plus, less than half of the staff team is actively involved in moderation work, which is generally seen as the least attractive part of being a staff member here. As a two-time former staff member, I've seen many people grind hundreds of issued punishments as trainees only to get into their team of choice as quick as possible and then slowly cease to contribute any further.

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  5. hey, real informative video there. as an ex player of mineplex now, i have pushed a lot of my friends currently to hypixel, and i suggest that you move on from this unmoving, and decaying serverD

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  6. The unfortunate truth but they can only go up from here. I wish Java Edition the best, it gave me fun memories. I moved to Mineplex Bedrock in 2018 because it felt like a new experience and still to this day it is a Top 3 server on that platform. GyroNinja has proven to be a great developer, and we are thankful for everything he does. I hope that Alex can hire those Java new developers soon, the process is tedious but it will surely pay off. Thanks to all the staff and admins that make this server fun and try to keep us in the loop. That’s something I want mineplex to get better at, and it was said in this video but I wish there was more transparency between leadership and the players. There’s always things servers can work on, and I am proud of Mineplex, and how Bedrock is stable.

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  7. Was expecting a generic video about the same issues everyone talks about. To be fair, you did touch on those, but much more in-depth. Nice vid.

Posted Aug 1, 2021