• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6626 Players Online
  • 6626 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Skeleton Horse Kit is almost single handedly ruining this game

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Pizzazilla, Mar 4, 2021.

1. For a really long time this kit, thankfully, was not meta. But over the past year or two, it has skyrocketed in popularity, and now almost half the games I play are plagued with one or more Skeleton Horse. It honestly feels like such an effort to fight this kit each and every time I see find one in a lobby. Their moves have such little cooldown times for the amount of damage output they're capable of. Bone Rush combined with melee can pretty much obliterate any target and can serve as an uncounterable block to recoveries. The amount of times I've seen shot into the world border from the bone kick is unreal, and the deadly bones make it near impossible to do anything other than ranged combat. And to tack on to all of this, it has the best smash crystal in the game, killing players in about two seconds.

Yeah, so that's pretty much it. This kit is pretty much just the bane of the game. Any other kit is at least tolerable, but this one is just on a whole different level.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  2. dont forget 99.99% of horse players are toxic and arrogant lol

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Ducksicle and Name Tag like this.
  3. I can honestly agree with this one. Bone Kick and Bone Rush are 2 abilities that do too much damage for any other kit to tackle it without range. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to attack a skeleton horse with melee combat and have been already dropped to a few hearts in like 2 seconds. The smash crystal is by far the worst and most overpowered smash in the game. It's bone rush but much worse and it lasts for 20 seconds and does a stupid amount of damage. You're able to fly for 20 seconds basically and does maybe like 3 hearts? per few bones. You can't really run away unless you use a kit like chicken, squid, or blaze. It's easy to maybe dodge it in a map like ardan or oriental.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  4. I too agree that s-horse is too powerful. I feel that the power of the attacks is not justified by their cooldowns- they recharge way too quickly. While yes, the abilities are usually easy to bait out (back away quickly if you think the horse might use kick or triple jump over bone rush), one slip-up could cost you your life. You could either get sent to Jupiter w/ bone kick or get pummeled to death w/ rush + melee, which is why it always kind of annoys me when people are like "just dodge lmao." As if I hadn't already done that successfully 20 times in a row. And let's be honest, if the horse is more experienced, then it can find plenty of options to get a cheap shot on you. Also most new/average players probably won't be able to triple jump, so that option is out the window for dealing with bone rush, which takes little effort on the horse's part, since all the horse has to to is be in the vicinity of another player, and then that player's movement gets hindered.

Another thing I wanna talk about is deadly bones- really? Who thought this was a good idea? Deadly bones appear when the horse takes a certain amount of damage, which is kinda stupid. I can be fighting a really sucky horse that barely moves and keeps trying to stay in the same place. I will get this thing to near death, and then suddenly I'm tripping over 3 land mine bones that spawned one block away from each other. I guess it's not really that horrible, it's just annoying and it can knock you into the void on occasion if you're not careful. But considering how powerful the rest of horse is, this attack just seems really unnecessary.

And then yes, there's the god-awful smash. What doesn't help is that some horses are basically pros at running and stalling the game until it comes out. Using horse makes it easy to be able to camp and wait until a smash. Even idiots have figured out that hiding on top of trees and behind walls is good for them. And then they use either rush or kick if you get too close, then they proceed to run away until one of those attacks have recharged. And between that and aggressive play, I can't really decide what is worse. At least during aggressive play, I don't have to waste 15 minutes chasing it.

Posted Mar 5, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 5, 2021
  5. just don't get hit by the bone kick lmao rofl

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Flamesie and Zipppo like this.
  6. You're gonna break that arm if u reach it that far, but yeah I think it's one of the best in the game definitely not on the bottom half like the tier list suggests that's for sure.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  7. I agree fighting a defensive horse is extremely painful without specific kits.

The worst part about horse is that its a kit that you have to kill as fast as possible, and the horse's abilities and stats completely prevent you from doing that.

First, as many have mentioned already, horse has 0.3 regen and is a tank.

Second, it has 2 abilities that need to be avoided (with most kits) else you could potentially be flinged to the other side of the map or be killed or brought down very low (depending on what kit you are using). These abilities may seem easy to avoid in theory, but for a horse that knows what they are doing (luckily theres not a single one at least that I know of) they arent easy to bait. I havent tried this, but horse can theoretically just trick someone into thinking they will bone rush, then baiting their triple jump bait and shredding them. Even if the horse completely misses both abilities, it will only be weak for a certain amount of time before it gets them back as they both have low cooldowns. This paired with the fact that it has high armor and regen makes horse take a very long time to kill. This wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt for the next reason.

Hopefully we can all agree that the horse smash crystal is broken, in fact that would be an understatement. If this didnt exist, you could just out-camp the horse by using projectiles (you still can if they decide to engage). But likely they will just hide behind something and you will have to engage else you wont be able to kill them in enough time.
    In my experience, fighting a horse doesnt feel like a fight, but more of a race against the smash crystal.

Horse may not be comparable to the best kits and I also wouldnt say its the only intolerable kit, endy and zombie are also very annoying to fight against, but its certainly one of the most poorly balanced kits and needs to be reworked.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  8. Why does nearly every horse use the smash? Also, even with baiting abilities, runny horses are usually great at melee so you can't exactly charge them with a sword.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  9. Highly agree with this post

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  10. As an occasional SSM player, I can tell you that I have no trouble fighting a Skeleton Horse. It really just depends on what kit you're playing, since mid and long-ranged kids thrive when fighting others like a Skeleton Horse or an Iron Golem, since they're both very short-ranged melee mobs. I feel as though Skeleton Horses have insane amounts of movement and great damage output, so you could argue a nerf should be put in place to balance both of those elements out.

All in all, I do agree the kit is slightly overpowered, but there are many counters to it so I don't see it as a great problem.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    1dragoneye likes this.
  11. Just lobby-dodge any lobbies with horse. You already know a round is unenjoyable with a horse. Regarding eHailey, the name doesn't seem familiar enough... what was their playstyle?

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  12. Hey guys does any one know who those two horses "Ally" and "Meg" are? I'm not sure if they changed their name since then or if they even play anymore, but I just wanna see if y'all know who I'm talking about

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  13. can’t believe people would use this kit yikes

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    james610 likes this.
  14. No it’s not, people being like “1v1 only in a 4-man match” are ruining it

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  15. So you're saying that 1v1 only people in a 4 people match are ruining it? I can agree kinda but that isn't really the entire point of this thread.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Pizzazilla likes this.
  16. nah it is, I was correcting where Skelly horse isn’t in comparison

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  17. Oh, Alright.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  18. tho if we’re only talking about classes, yes, horse, wolf, guardian and creeper are all ruining it

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  19. Yeah a sweat did that to me once and used it as an excuse for targeting me the whole game. And apparently me calling them out for it counts as "crying"

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  20. Yeah first time I saw them we were clearly getting teamed on so me and the other guy there made a truce until they both died. Of course they got mad.

Posted Mar 5, 2021